Gonzaga's now been in 21 consecutive NCAA mens basketball tournaments

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
March madness is finally back after an unprecedented year off in 2020 because of the you-know-what.

So the Final Four starts today, with Gonzaga as the favorite, hoping for a repeat of 2017. Houston/Baylor starts in about an hour and then UCLA/ Gonzaga around 8:30 eastern time.

The great players leave after their freshman year, so it's not the same as it used to be. But the one upside is there's more parity. A small school with a team of juniors and seniors can compete with the big programs.

Gonzaga always chokes but maybe this is the year they cut down the nets after the finals

March madness is finally back after an unprecedented year off in 2020 because of the you-know-what.

So the Final Four starts today, with Gonzaga as the favorite, hoping for a repeat of 2017. Houston/Baylor starts in about an hour and then UCLA/ Gonzaga around 8:30 eastern time.
Not one championship though. It’s the one reason I’m rooting for them too. The only team I want out is UCLA. I think they have 11 championships if I’m not mistaken. Let one of the other three teams win one.

Not one championship though. It’s the one reason I’m rooting for them too. The only team I want out is UCLA. I think they have 11 championships if I’m not mistaken. Let one of the other three teams win one.
That should have been my title...
"Will the Zags finally win it all after 20 tries ?"

That should have been my title...
"Will the Zags finally win it all after 20 tries ?"
I think they will win. 2 more games to go.

I am sick to my stomach right now, my alma mater just lost a heartbreaker. :icon_cry:
One of those games where one team just ran out of time. Incredible game, one that will be remembered.

It was an incredible game, one of the best I've ever seen, and UCLA was lucky to even be there, but nonetheless, that hurt like hell.

BROMANCE!

EyO12ilWEAgw4mG

I am sick to my stomach right now, my alma mater just lost a heartbreaker. :icon_cry:

They played one heck of a game, they should hold their heads up high, they took an undefeated team down to the last second in overtime. That is why I love the NCAA tournament, the one and done finality.

Gonzaga is an amazing team to watch, I have been watching them all year and they are a special team. Win or lose, they can walk away proud. I would like to see them win it all. Few maybe the best college coach, coaching. A small time college, a small city and he built a great program of 21 straight appearances from a conference that usually gets only one spot in the tournament.

Gonzaga is an amazing team to watch, I have been watching them all year and they are a special team. Win or lose, they can walk away proud. I would like to see them win it all. Few maybe the best college coach, coaching. A small time college, a small city and he built a great program of 21 straight appearances from a conference that usually gets only one spot in the tournament.
They put Spokane on the map for sure, with Seattle always getting the attention for everything. It's a beautiful state, but most of these kids at Zaga are a long way from home probably. I have a friend in Moses Lake ( between Seattle and Spokane) who says she loves it there...they actually are in a tropical climate zone which is the same one I'm in in SE Arkansas. --it doesn't get all the coastal weather Seattle gets 100 miles to the west.

They put Spokane on the map for sure, with Seattle always getting the attention for everything. It's a beautiful state, but most of these kids at Zaga are a long way from home probably. I have a friend in Moses Lake ( between Seattle and Spokane) who says she loves it there...they actually are in a tropical climate zone which is the same one I'm in in SE Arkansas. --it doesn't get all the coastal weather Seattle gets 100 miles to the west.

Few has been recruiting players out of Europe for awhile, Ayayi and Killian Tille are from France. He also recruited Sabonis and others out of state. The Spokane area loves their Zags, Moses Lake in the winter gets snow and the winds can be high however it is beautiful there. I love the Spokane area, trees, mountain's to the north and the rolling treeless hills south going through the Palouse. The prettiest area is to the east just over the state line in Coeur d'Alene, ID. Eagles, Moose, Elk, Deer, Wolves and lots of Coyotes are all over the Spokane area.

Few has been recruiting players out of Europe for awhile, Ayayi and Killian Tille are from France. He also recruited Sabonis and others out of state. The Spokane area loves their Zags, Moses Lake in the winter gets snow and the winds can be high however it is beautiful there. I love the Spokane area, trees, mountain's to the north and the rolling treeless hills south going through the Palouse. The prettiest area is to the east just over the state line in Coeur d'Alene, ID. Eagles, Moose, Elk, Deer, Wolves and lots of Coyotes are all over the Spokane area.
When you're there, do you feel like you're way up on a plateau looking
down at all the other states ? Looking at a map it seems so far away to me. Other than flying to Hawaii one year I've never really been out west (Ft Worth for a Metallica concert in 1998 is as far west as I've been). I've been from Cape Cod to Key West on the East coast.

Forum List

Back