GOLD: Jeb Hensarling of Dallas speaks on shooting & Dr. King's colorblind vision We the People

emilynghiem

Constitutionalist / Universalist
Jan 21, 2010
National Freedmen's Town District

Jul 8, 2016
Press Release
WASHINGTON—Congressman Jeb Hensarling (R-TX) released the following statement after five officers in Dallas were shot and killed in the line of duty:

This tragedy literally hits close to home. This act of evil and cowardice took place just a few miles away from where my family goes to sleep every night—a place I’ve called home for more than 30 years. This tragic event reminds us that so much of our safety depends on that thin blue line—those that put their lives on the line for us each and every day.

“This is a day of mourning, a day of prayer, but it is also a day to say ‘thank you’ to every man and woman who wears the law enforcement uniform. Our hearts are broken for the loved ones of the victims. We pray for their families. We pray for healing hands on those who have been wounded. And, we pray for swift justice on the perpetrators of evil.

“My team stands ready to assist the Dallas Police Department, DART and the Mayor’s office in any way that we can. And, it is my hope and prayer that in America we get past ‘us vs. them’ and realize that the only collective that counts is ‘We the People.’”

===========

Please see VIDEO link to longer statement I thought was pure GOLD.
I will go back and transcribe the LONG version which he delivered live on Fox News.

Very compassionate and all inclusive, asking people to look deeper in the heart of the matter that govt cannot legislate. Very profound statement, sorry I'm out of time but I will take the time later to transcribe word by word to post online. Thank you to all who are pulling together in unity to stop any further politicized division or violence when we need to come together as a nation and work toward agreed solutions.

My prayers to all who have suffered losses, death, injury and trauma from this incident.
May the good that comes out of addressing the problems lead to UNIFIED sustainable solutions.

Love this man's speech. Incredible, thank you!

Forum List

Back