Cigarette smoking on the increase

Blaster

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2022
It is surprising to me that smoking is increasing considering all the health problems associated with this habit. I guess many people are not concerned how it negatively affects their lives.

It can be a very expensive habit these days.
That is what is puzzling.

In these economic dark times of Left wing dominance how can they afford it?

But, another way to look at it is, they have less hope in life so they turn to drugs for the only comfort they can find no matter the cost.

I rarely see people smoking anymore.
Used to be….any time, any place and you were rude to ask a smoker to stop

Now, no public smoking even in parks, beaches, stadiums

I can’t see how smoking can be increasing

I rarely see people smoking anymore.
Used to be….any time, any place and you were rude to ask a smoker to stop

Now, no public smoking even in parks, beaches, stadiums

I can’t see how smoking can be increasing
Smoking pot has increased because pot is more readily available

But I'm sure most people think this does not count.

Back in my Navy days many years ago, cigarettes were so cheap that the joke was that if you didn’t smoke, you were losing money.

That is what is puzzling.

In these economic dark times of Left wing dominance how can they afford it?

But, another way to look at it is, they have less hope in life so they turn to drugs for the only comfort they can find no matter the cost.
Yet another sign of our society in decay...

In the 80's I used to be able to buy my father's cigarettes at the store for him.

As a 12 year old.
I used to do the same.
I was maybe 8 and my aunt would send me to the corner Gas Station to buy her a pack of Pall Malls
I always thought I would be arrested but they would sell them to me

I used to do the same.
I was maybe 8 and my aunt would send me to the corner Gas Station to buy her a pack of Pall Malls
I always thought I would be arrested but they would sell them to me

They knew they weren't for me but for my father.

Another memory I have from back then was going to the movies and watching the film projected through a cloud of smoke. You could see the light going from the projector to the screen.
Then, while you were walking out, you had to step through piles of cigarette butts

Another memory I have from back then was going to the movies and watching the film projected through a cloud of smoke. You could see the light going from the projector to the screen.
Then, while you were walking out, you had to step through piles of cigarette butts

I apricated them getting smoking out of places like that, but to me the choice should have been left for places like Bars.
And I mean bar bars, not restaurants with a bar.

75% the time one of the people sneaking out for a smoke break is the bartender.

That and only allowing "grandfathered" Cigar lounges.

I apricated them getting smoking out of places like that, but to me the choice should have been left for places like Bars.
And I mean bar bars, not restaurants with a bar.

75% the time one of the people sneaking out for a smoke break is the bartender.

That and only allowing "grandfathered" Cigar lounges.
I don’t miss it
Those bars were more than one or two people smoking but the entire bar being smoke filled
You came out with your clothes and hair stinking of cigarettes

I don’t miss it
Those bars were more than one or two people smoking but the entire bar being smoke filled
You came out with your clothes and hair stinking of cigarettes

Yes, but in the type of bar I am talking about it covered up the smells of stale beer, piss, and vomit.

Forum List

Back