God I hope the GOP Supreme Court overturns Roe

Science considers test tube babies alive at conception. Citizenship has nothing to do with it.

No they don’t. Science does not consider test tube babies to babies to be alive other than in the same way they consider mould to be alive. They kill the fertilized eggs with impunity. Don’t pay your storage bill? They’re gone.

If these were living beings, they be charged with murder.

It all depends on how your frame the issue. Americans are split pretty much 50-50 on whether they call themselves "pro-life" or "pro-choice". However, when you ask them if they are okay with abortions after the first trimester, a vast majority of Americans are opposed. Something like 67 percent.

Roe v. Wade allows abortions through the second trimester, with third trimester abortions left to the states.

So a lot of people who call themselves "pro-choice" are actually in opposition to Roe v. Wade and don't know it.
So you're 100% in favor of abortion in the first Tri?

Be honest, you want to eliminate all choice and that puts you and those like you in a small minority.

I don't think SCOTUS will overturn it. If Roberts wasn't willing to strike down ObamaCare, which was blatantly unconstitutional on its face, I doubt he is going to rule in the affirmative on striking down Roe which will be even more controversial.

I have a feeling they will set the line at the 1st Trimester, like most of Europe does.

One in every four American women will have an abortion in her lifetime. So right off the top you’ve alienated 25% of the women in America.
More than 25%, I'd say! I was never so unlucky as to get caught in such a situation, but I can certainly tell some seriously lurid stories I learned from others during college. It's such a catastrophe for women that if there is a way out, we have to have it available.

I have a feeling they will set the line at the 1st Trimester, like most of Europe does.

Second trimester abortions are the most important. You can’t do amniocentesis until 20 weeks and you don’t get the results for three or four weeks. Second trimester abortions are necessary and they should be right through until birth. Abortion is a medical matter not a legal matter.

I live in a country where abortion is a matter medical matter between a woman and her doctor. There are no laws governing abortions. Our abortion rate is half the rate of yours.

The reasons why our abortion rate is so much lower than yours can be found in the fact that women have mandated maternity leave here, paid for through our employment insurance. We have job stability for companies with more than 30 employees. If I get pregnant when I return from maternity leave in one year, they have to give me my old job back or a job at a comparable rate of pay.

We also have universal government funded healthcare available to both woman and her child. I paid nothing out of pocket for prenatal care or hospital and delivery.

With stable income throughout my program throughout my maternity leave, guaranteed job waiting for me when I returned, and no out-of-pocket costs for my medical care, confinement or delivery, there was no financial reason for me not to proceed with my pregnancy.

That's not "why".

The "why" is because they face legal barriers in that State. And also because there are only about 1 million women in Alabama aged 15-49.
Oregon has a smaller population than Alabama and has 3 PP clinics.

Connecticut has an even smaller population, and has 3 PP clinics.

Vermont has about 1/8 the population of Alabama and has 3 PP clinics.

Legal barriers? Good!

Stop making stuff up. As if you conducted a poll. I don't think you are capable of having honest discussion on this topic. That much is now clear. So I will leave you to it.
I'm not making stuff up. The doctor said their hospital does not perform abortions. Sorry!

Any woman who had reached the age of menstruation in 1973, remembers what life was like before abortion was legal. Even those of us who have never had an abortion, can remember our friends having illegal abortions, and how terrified we were that their back street abortions would end in their hospitalization, or worse, their death.
Back alley abortion deaths were deliberately exaggerated by NARAL. The actual number of deaths from illegal abortions was about 100 a year.

Most illegal abortions were performed in the comfort of a doctor's office. Just as they would be if Roe v. Wade is overturned.

The actual figure is less than 100 deaths a year from illegal abortions. That's because illegal abortions were not so much performed in the proverbial back alley, but in skilled doctors' offices.

From the book Aborting America published in 1973:

How many deaths were we talking about when abortion was illegal? In NARAL [the National Abortion Rights Action League], we generally emphasized the frame of the individual case, not the mass statistics, but when we spoke of the latter it was always '5,000 to 10,000 deaths a year.' I confess that I knew the figures were totally false, and I suppose the others did too if they stopped to think of it. But in the 'morality' of our revolution, it was a useful figure, widely accepted, so why go out of our way to correct it with honest statistics? The overriding concern was to get the laws eliminated, and anything within reason that had to be done was permissible.

There are 8 million more women voters than there are men. Especially older women voters. If Roe v. Wade is overturned, the women of America will vote for a national law codifying a woman’s legal right to abortion.

Just remember, the women’s vote is what cost you the House in 2018. The is no issue on which women are more in agreement than our right to determine our own lives.
Just as I pointed out in post 4 and post 21.

Blacks are known to use abortion as birth control, so that's probably the reason for the difference.
Are you okay with abortion on demand in the ninth month, since the person in the womb isn't a citizen until they are born? You still have not answered that question.

As for your racist comment, I had a subordinate in the military who had 7 abortions and for some reason never used contraception.

She was as white as it gets.

Forum List

Back