What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

God I hope the GOP Supreme Court overturns Roe

g5000

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Fort Fun Indiana

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Simple answer...they don't actually give a shit about pregnant women
Or fetuses. They care only about themselves, and trying to punch their own tickets to the heaven party.

Circe

Gold Member
Reaction score
I think it is safe to say that the majority of Americans think abortion within limits is OK. I bet the vast majority approve of the morning after pill.
No one is putting THAT genie back in the bottle. It's in every drugstore now.

Lesh

Diamond Member
Reaction score
And a supermajority oppose abortions beyond the first trimester, which is counter to Roe v. Wade.
That Pew Poll doesn't say that.

It DOES say that the anti-abortion movement is driven mostly by MEN

And you are of course...male

Circe

Gold Member
Reaction score
So you are okay with abortion on demand in the ninth month?
Certainly, if they have hydrocephalus, the commonest reason for this. Great oversized heads, severe retardation. Cruel to all NOT to put an end to that kind of outcome.

Lesh

Diamond Member
Reaction score
So you are okay with abortion on demand in the ninth month?
Nope. One wonders why the extremists use extremes to illustrate a point?

Is it because they know how unpopular their stance is?

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Reaction score

It would be refreshing to me for people to begin voting again on truly vested interests. We used to see this when there were true economic differences in parties, but now the party that wins both congress and the WH is the party that turns out it's own in states it cannot lose, and captures suburban swing votes in the 6 or 7 states that actually decide elections.

Even vietnam didn't really make a difference. But once the dems under Carter embraced using the Fed to engineer recessions over inflation ... wages are relatively flat, while the rich earn more per capita, and taxes apply more and more the the rich, but rise slower than their incomes by percentage.

But nobody really cares because .... we have the soma

Remember that Republicans gave us Roe vs. Wade.

Roe vs. Wade was decided with a 7-2 vote, and not along partisan lines. Those who ruled in favor were as follows, with the president who nominated them and the party of that president indicated in parentheses:
  • Lewis Powell (Nixon, R)
  • Harry Blackmun (Nixon, R)
  • Warren Burger (Nixon, R)
  • William Brennan (Eisenhower, R)
  • Potter Stewart (Eisenhower, R)
  • Thurgood Marshall (LBJ, D)
  • William Douglas (FDR, D)
Those who dissented on Roe vs. Wade:
  • Byron White (Kennedy, D)
  • William Rehnquist (Nixon, R)
So five Republican-nominated justices and two Democrat-nominated justices ruled for choice, while one Republican and one Democrat-nominated justice ruled against.

Last edited:

g5000

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Certainly, if they have hydrocephalus, the commonest reason for this. Great oversized heads, severe retardation. Cruel to all NOT to put an end to that kind of outcome.
I'm not asking about deformed fetuses.

I'm asking about abortion on demand.

g5000

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Nope. One wonders why the extremists use extremes to illustrate a point?

Is it because they know how unpopular their stance is?
Circe said they are not a citizen until they are born.

So my question is a logical one.

Lesh

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Circe said they are not a citizen until they are born.

So my question is a logical one.
Nope. Your question had nothing to do with citizenship

It was pure hyperbole

Circe

Gold Member
Reaction score
That Pew Poll doesn't say that.

It DOES say that the anti-abortion movement is driven mostly by MEN

And you are of course...male
OF COURSE the anti-abortion movement is driven mostly by men!! Controlling women and getting us to raise their get free is a major male wish, of all time. I say let's don't cooperate with it.

g5000

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Nope. Your question had nothing to do with citizenship

It was pure hyperbole
It has everything to do with abortion. I am not the one who brought up citizenship. Circe did.

She used it in response to a question about test tube babies. If citizenship is a determinant factor for abortion at the beginning of creation, then it is only logical to ask if that applies to the end of pregnancy.

She said citizenship does not apply until they are born.

My question is more than pertinent.

g5000

Diamond Member
Reaction score
OF COURSE the anti-abortion movement is driven mostly by men!! Controlling women and getting us to raise their get free is a major male wish, of all time. I say let's don't cooperate with it.
Are you okay with abortion on demand in the ninth month since, according to you, they are not citizens until they are born?

g5000

Diamond Member
Reaction score

alang1216

Pragmatist
Reaction score
I've said many times that I don't understand why pro-lifers don't open women's health clinics across the street from every Planned Parenthood and perform all the same services, sans abortion, and then demand federal funding to match Planned Parenthood's federal funding.
I think if they really cared about women and their health, they would. They're not so much pro-life as anti-abortion.

g5000

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I think if they really cared about women and their health, they would. They're not so much pro-life as anti-abortion.
I would be more than happy to financially support a pro-life women's clinic. And I would support federal funding for them so long as PP is receiving federal funding.

g5000

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Where did Circe go? :lol:

alang1216

Pragmatist
Reaction score
I would be more than happy to financially support a pro-life women's clinic. And I would support federal funding for them so long as PP is receiving federal funding.
Not even on the GOP's radar so don't hold your breath.

Fort Fun Indiana

Diamond Member
Reaction score
would be more than happy to financially support a pro-life women's clinic.
Then why don't a bunch of them exist already? Easy answer: educated people who start women's clinics and go to medical school generally believe abortion should be legal and is part of women's healthcare. So there are generally not pro choice or pro life women's clinics. Just women's clinics, period. And these only exist because the normal Healthcare system was and is so patriarchal. So we already have women's clinics that are burdened by primitive ideology. We call them Hospitals.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$120.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List