God Help Me!

Granny

Gold Member
Dec 14, 2009
Rocky Top, TN
I really don't like playing the elder card unless it will get me sympathy, a senior citizens discount or something along those lines. Otherwise, I prefer acting and dressing like a 17 year old ... it is, after all, my duty as a parent to antagonize my children as much as possible. I have no idea why they are constantly telling me they are having a hard time raising me.

I just celebrated my 72nd birthday ... and today my mantra has been, "I am an old woman and I have had about as much drama and trauma today as I can stand!" I have switched off my damnable wireless internet service and gone back to broadband service. It was not without it's drama and trauma - the installer was excellent and perfect in every way. The problem lays with the customer service representative who took my original request, but only passed on the internet portion and not the home phone service. So trying to get that straight was a MESS. I got somebody who had some kind of dialect I have never heard in my life - not Indian, Spanish, Chinese, or anything else - for that matter I couldn't even tell if I was speaking with a male, female or some trans-something or other. Got passed on to another person who was absolutely clueless and was going to pass me on to someone else. Fugetaboutit!! I'm done.

But don't think for one minute that I won't be writing to the CEO of Verizon to tell him why I'm upset. I've done it before and I can do it again. Took on the CEO at Ford Motor Company a couple decades back, as well as ConEd in Detroit because of a screwup in Ford's mailroom and got what I wanted out of that (along with a pen pal who didn't get screwed on their electric bill), took on a CEO at what was then my local bank and got what I wanted (and I think a teller may have lost her job over that one).

OK. I'm through venting. Thanks for listening, folks. Now maybe I can visit the Board more often.

I never understood why older women dress like skanks. You are a damn grandma. You should be ashamed. Poor kids probably get bullied over that shit.
Do you fuckin smoke crack too?

I really don't like playing the elder card unless it will get me sympathy, a senior citizens discount or something along those lines. Otherwise, I prefer acting and dressing like a 17 year old ... it is, after all, my duty as a parent to antagonize my children as much as possible. I have no idea why they are constantly telling me they are having a hard time raising me.

I just celebrated my 72nd birthday ... and today my mantra has been, "I am an old woman and I have had about as much drama and trauma today as I can stand!" I have switched off my damnable wireless internet service and gone back to broadband service. It was not without it's drama and trauma - the installer was excellent and perfect in every way. The problem lays with the customer service representative who took my original request, but only passed on the internet portion and not the home phone service. So trying to get that straight was a MESS. I got somebody who had some kind of dialect I have never heard in my life - not Indian, Spanish, Chinese, or anything else - for that matter I couldn't even tell if I was speaking with a male, female or some trans-something or other. Got passed on to another person who was absolutely clueless and was going to pass me on to someone else. Fugetaboutit!! I'm done.

But don't think for one minute that I won't be writing to the CEO of Verizon to tell him why I'm upset. I've done it before and I can do it again. Took on the CEO at Ford Motor Company a couple decades back, as well as ConEd in Detroit because of a screwup in Ford's mailroom and got what I wanted out of that (along with a pen pal who didn't get screwed on their electric bill), took on a CEO at what was then my local bank and got what I wanted (and I think a teller may have lost her job over that one).

OK. I'm through venting. Thanks for listening, folks. Now maybe I can visit the Board more often.

If we're thinking of the same thing I think I've heard that contrived accent. It's one you never hear anywhere in the world except on the phone. I call it "robot". Sounds vaguely slightly Asian but with all human connectivity removed.

So they installed internet but didn't bring the VOIP (internet phone)? That of course can be a bit hairy -- it's cheaper than a traditional land line but if your internet goes down, or if you have a power failure, your phone goes down with it.

That's what happens here -- although I do have backup power, the internet can be tenuous and oftentimes when the power grid goes down the internet goes with it, even if I'm still running UPS in the house, because the ISP didn't think to back up their power source like I backed up mine. And there's no cell signal here, so at that point if I need communication it's a car ride.

If old women wanted to show cleavage, couldn't they just tie their tits around their neck?

It's interesting that out of all that post, all you read was a half-sentence on how she dresses.

Been a while, has it?
images

Dress however makes you feel good.

I hate all the modern clothing out today. It's all sheer and layered.

I just want a top, something not skin tight, not see through, med thigh length....just too complicated.....

If old women wanted to show cleavage, couldn't they just tie their tits around their neck?

It's interesting that out of all that post, all you read was a half-sentence on how she dresses.

Been a while, has it?
images
My wife is like the energizer bunny, man ;)

Shocking. Are you positive?

My advice -- just let her keep hopping until she tires out --- then you pounce. :thup:

By any chance, are you related to Bones?

saggy tit jokes are old and stupid..... or is it the people that tell them are old and stupid.....???

Indeed, Happy Birthday Granny! Batfink, Pogo and I would be delighted to see you here more often.

Batfink
by boedicca on US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Forum List

Back