*God & Death: Who's Power Is It: Satan's?

Who's behind death, God or Satan?

• 1. *God*.

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • 2. *Satan*

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sorry bout that,

1. You see death is a product of sin.
2. And few have led a sin free life on earth.
3. Sin breeds sin, and its all on Satans doorstep.
4. And when this time in mankinds history is over, and Satans rule comes to an end, death will end as well.
5. And thats when God will rule this earth.
6. Death will no longer be an issue then, and Satan will be held in darkness, at some point, forever.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I think Death/forgot his name is an archangel that is under the command of god. Also Satan/lucifer/Samauel(??) role is that of tempter and is not associated with death.

Or maybe Samuel is the angel of death and Satan/lucifer plays the role of tempter?

Last edited:
Actually...........according to Judaic theology, it goes as follows...........

Man commits sin in the form of going against what HaShem said to do.

The SaTan is kinda like HaShem's district attorney and prosecutes the crime by reporting it to HaShem.

Death? He's the one that carries out the sentence.

Why else do you think the Bible states "the wages of sin is death"? But.........if you think about this for a sec, it also states that your body is a Temple of God. Now.........if you abuse your temple in the form of promiscuous behavior (STD's, AIDS), you will DIE! If you abuse your temple in the form of gluttony, you will end up with diabetes, alcoholism, or drugs, you will DIE!

Same goes for most things by the way. Interesting read for those who care........look up the 613 Mitzvoht and read 'em. You'll see pretty quick that those laws (keeping clean, eating kosher, etc.) are pretty much what the human race has to do to survive.

The 10 Commandments aren't suggestions, they're the rules of the game of Life. Remember who God is, don't make any false idols, and never disrespect Him. Why? He's the one that put you here in the first place.

Don't murder. Why? Because whoever you murdered has friends and family. They're gonna want payback.

Don't steal. Why? Because if you steal, someone's gonna wanna kill you.

Don't covet. Why? Because if you covet something long enough, you're gonna kill someone for it.

Don't lie. Why? Because if you lie, you may end up dead. Ever lie to a doctor about what you do (like hiding drug use), and let him treat you? If you do, you could end up dead from a drug interaction.

Don't commit adultery. Why? Because the SO of whoever you just banged is gonna wanna kill you.

Honor thy father and mother. Why? See the first 3. They brought you into this world, they can take you out.

Honor the Sabbath and keep it Holy. Why? First off, you've gotta take a break every now and again, because if you don't, stress kills. Keep it Holy? Why? Because you've gotta take time to check in with Father (ie. God, that's what I call Him, because I first learned to pray using the "Our Father") because I've got news for you..........God likes to talk to us and check out how we're doing. Don't believe? Check Genesis, because God checked in on Adam and Eve regularly.

I think Death/forgot his name is an archangel that is under the command of god. Also Satan/lucifer/Samauel(??) role is that of tempter and is not associated with death.

Or maybe Samuel is the angel of death and Satan/lucifer plays the role of tempter?

1. Death is in the hand and power of Satan, we get a good look into it in, Job, where Satan is given the go ahead to test Job, in this verse, God says, test him, but do not kill him: (Job 2 verse 6.) ***And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, he is in thine hand; but save his life.***
So Satan had his life in his hand, but was comanded that he couldn't take it, otherwise God wouldn't of said, to not kill him.
2. Then in the same chapter we see Job 2:10, Job is very careful not to blame God, and we also see that he is aware that Satan has control of whats happenning, and knows God isn't stopping him, and he's okay with it, here Job's speaking to his wife, who is railing on him in these times of trouble:(Job 2:10) ***But he said unto her, Thou speakest as one of the foolish women speaketh. What? shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil? In all this did not Job sin with his lips.***
3. Always you will learn there's a battle going on, of life and death, Jesus is the life, Satan is the death.
4. In the end, Jesus wins.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

Actually...........according to Judaic theology, it goes as follows...........

Man commits sin in the form of going against what HaShem said to do.

The SaTan is kinda like HaShem's district attorney and prosecutes the crime by reporting it to HaShem.

Death? He's the one that carries out the sentence.

Why else do you think the Bible states "the wages of sin is death"? But.........if you think about this for a sec, it also states that your body is a Temple of God. Now.........if you abuse your temple in the form of promiscuous behavior (STD's, AIDS), you will DIE! If you abuse your temple in the form of gluttony, you will end up with diabetes, alcoholism, or drugs, you will DIE!

Same goes for most things by the way. Interesting read for those who care........look up the 613 Mitzvoht and read 'em. You'll see pretty quick that those laws (keeping clean, eating kosher, etc.) are pretty much what the human race has to do to survive.

The 10 Commandments aren't suggestions, they're the rules of the game of Life. Remember who God is, don't make any false idols, and never disrespect Him. Why? He's the one that put you here in the first place.

Don't murder. Why? Because whoever you murdered has friends and family. They're gonna want payback.

Don't steal. Why? Because if you steal, someone's gonna wanna kill you.

Don't covet. Why? Because if you covet something long enough, you're gonna kill someone for it.

Don't lie. Why? Because if you lie, you may end up dead. Ever lie to a doctor about what you do (like hiding drug use), and let him treat you? If you do, you could end up dead from a drug interaction.

Don't commit adultery. Why? Because the SO of whoever you just banged is gonna wanna kill you.

Honor thy father and mother. Why? See the first 3. They brought you into this world, they can take you out.

Honor the Sabbath and keep it Holy. Why? First off, you've gotta take a break every now and again, because if you don't, stress kills. Keep it Holy? Why? Because you've gotta take time to check in with Father (ie. God, that's what I call Him, because I first learned to pray using the "Our Father") because I've got news for you..........God likes to talk to us and check out how we're doing. Don't believe? Check Genesis, because God checked in on Adam and Eve regularly.

1. I am not a Jew, so the torah and the teachers of the torah are childish unto me, though I do understand whats being said, I do not agree to it. I do indeed love the Jews, and give them the right to practice childish things, but I will not enjoin myself or my belief to them, not now, and not ever, I do like this post *ABS*, one of your very best efforts I have EVER, seen for sure!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Quick question sasquatch, if the Torah and Judaic theology are OLDER than Christianity, how can you call the Torah "childish"?

Got news for you, it makes more sense than Christianity. But then again, that's because the Christians are working from a HEAVILY edited book in the KJV.

Sorry bout that,

Quick question sasquatch, if the Torah and Judaic theology are OLDER than Christianity, how can you call the Torah "childish"?

Got news for you, it makes more sense than Christianity. But then again, that's because the Christians are working from a HEAVILY edited book in the KJV.

1. Because the *Law* can't bring you into a right loving relationship with God, leaving you outside the school house, in the cold, which is better than not being left outside at all: other religions nowhere near to the truth; at least the Jews, are near to the building of truth, and seeing there is no love of Gods directional truth within the *Law*, because they knew not to knock on the door, and stayed outside, at anytime they could just knocked, but why do they not knock, some did: it is what Gods choice is to to teach the Jews as they were his grade school students at the first of mankinds education, the first books being hand delivered by Moses from Mount Sinai, but Christians understood these comandments, and have long since graduated from the highest of colleges the New Testemant, within the school house of God, being taught under the schooling of *Faith*, and for without *Faith*, you can not even come close to please God, so its *Faith* that binds Gods children to himself, and *Faith* is instituted by what Jesus Christ did for mankind on the cross, which you can not partake of, unless you have *Faith*, its Jesus Christ who said, take eat this is my body, drink this is my blood, for unless you can by *Faith* take these into your body and heart, through *Faith* that is, you can never graduate into what God has claimed whats needed in order to please him, to your gain, everlasting life, which even to understand that takes *Faith*.
2. I hope this helps you Biker.
3. Merry Christmas.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

1. So unless you learn of Jesus Christ, death will come and gather you up.
2. And death will keep you.
3. There's no need for this.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Wrong. The Jews already had a connection to God, because of what their ancestor Abraham did (first noticing the One True God).

Yeshua, who is Jewish didn't come for the Jews, He came for the Gentiles, i.e. everyone who wasn't Jewish.

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Wrong. The Jews already had a connection to God, because of what their ancestor Abraham did (first noticing the One True God).

Yeshua, who is Jewish didn't come for the Jews, He came for the Gentiles, i.e. everyone who wasn't Jewish.

1. What Abraham did doesn't translate well over to the whole Jewish heritage, Jesus can raise those like unto Abraham from stones, as is written.
2. I can't say for sure just what God is going to do and does with the Jews, when they die, or anyway else, seeing I have a certain love for the Jews, I would hope God doesn't reject them whole heartedly, but again its not for me to say, one way or another.
3. Just where do you fit in religion, if you don't mind me asking, don't feel obligated to answer thou.:confused:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

God and Satan are two sides of the same coin. One cannot exist without the other. One cannot know good without also knowing evil.

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

1. Okay I will help some.
2. There is a time to die, and perhaps its already set.
3. But the control isn't time itself.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I will help you some too
The control is what ever you beleive or want it to be
The only constant is time.

1. Is time constant?
2. And can time be absolute?
3. Can time stand still, and can it be reversed>?
4. Can time end?
5. All great questions, and I will try to answer them later, once we get more people involved with this thread.
6. I would prefer that more posters would add what they think.
7. Time is harmless that I will give you.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
1 No
2 No
3 No
4 Yes

Time exists only in terms of motion. Time has a beginning and an end. Tine can speed up or slow down. Time is relative.

Sorry bout that,
Sorry bout that,
1. Okay you got that part, and I think I can grasp it too.
2. But who's responcible when a person dies?
3. God or Satan?
4. This is the topic of this thread, which I am sure you knew that,...silly!:lol:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

accroding to what I learned in 16 years of Penticostal church God is the one who determines when everyone dies. It is all by Gods plan.

What I believe though it is from mayn causes.
Disease, accident, old age (if lucky), etc which are all pretty much just chance/luck of the draw.
Or you can can be responsible for anothers death if you murder them or put them in harms way. Ie Bush sending troops to die in Iraq. Well that is kind of shared responsibility. The enemy, the volunteer troop, the president, etc ordering the "war", and those who supported that decision.

I do not believe in The devil, God or predestiny. Just cause and effect, some of it we cannot yet fathom of course. It was not long ago we thought diseases were caused by sinning and evil spirits.

1. So what scriptures do you remember that supports this teaching?
2. Where you are saying its all Gods plan to have you die?
3. If I remember correctly Adam and Eve were forced out of the *Garden of Eden*, where they could of lived eternally, but they disobeyed God, and God was forced to remove them from the *Garden of Eden*, and in so doing, death was instituted, but was it really Gods plan to have death come to everyone?
4. As I remember correctly, Satan had a hand in this.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
So there is something powerful enough to "force" God!!!!

As I remember correctly, God had a hand in Satan/The Angel Lucifer's existence.

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

1. What Abraham did doesn't translate well over to the whole Jewish heritage, Jesus can raise those like unto Abraham from stones, as is written.
2. I can't say for sure just what God is going to do and does with the Jews, when they die, or anyway else, seeing I have a certain love for the Jews, I would hope God doesn't reject them whole heartedly, but again its not for me to say, one way or another.
3. Just where do you fit in religion, if you don't mind me asking, don't feel obligated to answer thou.:confused:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

1. What Abraham did doesn't translate well over to the whole Jewish heritage? Really? Wanna explain what God meant when He told Abraham that He would bless his line forever?

2. See number 1. God's Chosen People are the Hebrews and those of the Jewish faith. Why? Simple.......it's because they've kept His Word faithfully and true. Ever hear of the Septuigent?

3. Where do I fit in religion? I can answer it simplest with this........I'm not a human looking for a spiritual experience, I'm a spiritual being having a human one. My mother had a hard time finding the right man, so she married 3 times. Each one of them taught me something different about God. At age 8, I was orphaned and was shifted around for a while via foster care. Again, each place I went taught me something different about God, with the main emphasis being that whoever taught me before was wrong, and I now needed to believe as they did.

Pretty heavy trip for a kid.

At age 16, I ran away and went back to live with my Grandparents. They didn't teach me much except that there was a God, it was up to me to live a good life, and also that God looks out for orphans and widows. I joined the Navy at 17 1/2 and didn't much care for those of the religious persuasion. I'd been kicked by them before.

At age 30, I started to study Zen and Buddhism. A friend of mine named Jim saw me reading about Buddhism, and asked me what I thought. I told him that I liked most of it, but I couldn't handle the idea of a man becoming a Buddha, that is, like God. He then gave me a LARGE book on philosophy and told me to read chapter 7, which was about Taoist beliefs.

Well, from that day on, I knew that my path was to be one of a Taoist. I read everything that I could on the subject and familiarized myself with the Tao Te Ching by Lao-Tzu (my translation was done by Red Pine, and it includes the original Mangwari texts).

Around 7 years ago, I met a really cool lady named Lois. We became very good friends, and she introduced me to Judaic theology. I noticed right away the similarities between what Judaic theology taught, and what the Tao Te Ching taught.

Ever since then, I've used what I've learned to decipher quite a few of the myths that Christians attach to a lot of their beliefs, one of 'em being the Rapture, and another being that Yeshua is God. No, He's not. He's His Son, and He has a belly button, same as me. Yeah, He did come to Earth with some really large understandings, but no.......He's not God. When He said, "The Father and I are One", he was referring to a teaching in Judaic theology that talks about God carving out a small piece of Himself and placing it in the embryo created by your parents at around the 40 day mark. Today, science has shown that is the time that your embryo develops a nervous system. What Yeshua meant was that we are ALL a small piece of Father, and ya know..........I kinda wish that people would act more like it. Yeshua even stated it quite simple......"Love God above all else, and love one another like you love God".

It was the Catholic church that mixed up things in the first place. BTW, interesting read sometime is the Papal Prophecies.

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

1. What Abraham did doesn't translate well over to the whole Jewish heritage? Really? Wanna explain what God meant when He told Abraham that He would bless his line forever?

2. See number 1. God's Chosen People are the Hebrews and those of the Jewish faith. Why? Simple.......it's because they've kept His Word faithfully and true. Ever hear of the Septuigent?

3. Where do I fit in religion? I can answer it simplest with this........I'm not a human looking for a spiritual experience, I'm a spiritual being having a human one. My mother had a hard time finding the right man, so she married 3 times. Each one of them taught me something different about God. At age 8, I was orphaned and was shifted around for a while via foster care. Again, each place I went taught me something different about God, with the main emphasis being that whoever taught me before was wrong, and I now needed to believe as they did.

Pretty heavy trip for a kid.

At age 16, I ran away and went back to live with my Grandparents. They didn't teach me much except that there was a God, it was up to me to live a good life, and also that God looks out for orphans and widows. I joined the Navy at 17 1/2 and didn't much care for those of the religious persuasion. I'd been kicked by them before.

At age 30, I started to study Zen and Buddhism. A friend of mine named Jim saw me reading about Buddhism, and asked me what I thought. I told him that I liked most of it, but I couldn't handle the idea of a man becoming a Buddha, that is, like God. He then gave me a LARGE book on philosophy and told me to read chapter 7, which was about Taoist beliefs.

Well, from that day on, I knew that my path was to be one of a Taoist. I read everything that I could on the subject and familiarized myself with the Tao Te Ching by Lao-Tzu (my translation was done by Red Pine, and it includes the original Mangwari texts).

Around 7 years ago, I met a really cool lady named Lois. We became very good friends, and she introduced me to Judaic theology. I noticed right away the similarities between what Judaic theology taught, and what the Tao Te Ching taught.

Ever since then, I've used what I've learned to decipher quite a few of the myths that Christians attach to a lot of their beliefs, one of 'em being the Rapture, and another being that Yeshua is God. No, He's not. He's His Son, and He has a belly button, same as me. Yeah, He did come to Earth with some really large understandings, but no.......He's not God. When He said, "The Father and I are One", he was referring to a teaching in Judaic theology that talks about God carving out a small piece of Himself and placing it in the embryo created by your parents at around the 40 day mark. Today, science has shown that is the time that your embryo develops a nervous system. What Yeshua meant was that we are ALL a small piece of Father, and ya know..........I kinda wish that people would act more like it. Yeshua even stated it quite simple......"Love God above all else, and love one another like you love God".

It was the Catholic church that mixed up things in the first place. BTW, interesting read sometime is the Papal Prophecies.

1. Jesus is the eternal blessing who God said he would bless the Jews eternally.
2. Jesus didn't come for the Jews?
3. He was sent to the Jews, and on the most part only preached to them, seldom did he ever say a word to the gentiles, only when his hand was forced which was just a few times, thats it, the apostles determined to go away from the Jews, and preach unto the World, seeing the Jews rejected Christ, when he was in Israel, and after he left, when he went back to heaven at the mount of olives, which I've been there!
4. I remember when the one gentile lady reminded him that she were as a dog who ate crumbs from under the table of the Jews, he halted to her, and the roman soldier who wouldn't even show up to ask for his servant to be healed, sending other servants, whom the sick person was probally his Jewish servant, thats all that I can recall at this time.
5. Who taught you that Jesus didn't come for the Jews?
6. I really appreciate your opening up and explaining to everyone here, some of your history as a child, and I don't wonder how you got confused about God, and all the ideas about God being different with different parents, orphans are a concern of God, and which ever parent told you that was right, I think.
7. Thats a beatutiful thought how you believe God sparks life at 40 days an all, means a lot to you, I don't think there's anything wrong with believeing that way.
8. The Catholics are heavy to understand, which many fail to see the simplisity of the message of Catholics, I think those who are called to be Catholic hear the call, and answer it, perhaps you never were called to it.
9. The Papal Prophecies, sounds interesting maybe tell me what you believe them to be.
10. I am gladened you have started posting some excellent thoughts and ideas, very much, thanks man.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
You know......Yeshua (and yes, He's a Jew), went out one day to visit a Gentile who had demons plaguing him. On His way out of the city, Yeshua saw another Jewish person who recognized Him for who He really was. He told them to be quiet and not tell anyone else.

He then went out of the city, found the Gentile with the demons, cast them into some pigs, and the pigs ran over a cliff, killing themselves.

He then told the man "Tell everyone what God has done for you this day via Me."

Yes, Yeshua is Jewish. No, He didn't come for the Jews, He came for all the others.

Sorry bout that,,

You know......Yeshua (and yes, He's a Jew), went out one day to visit a Gentile who had demons plaguing him. On His way out of the city, Yeshua saw another Jewish person who recognized Him for who He really was. He told them to be quiet and not tell anyone else.

He then went out of the city, found the Gentile with the demons, cast them into some pigs, and the pigs ran over a cliff, killing themselves.

He then told the man "Tell everyone what God has done for you this day via Me."

Yes, Yeshua is Jewish. No, He didn't come for the Jews, He came for all the others.

1. Yes I know Jesus is a Jew.
2. Not factually correct, but the story did happen, he did heal the man who had demons, who lived near The Sea of Galilee, the victim which was a Jew, but the pigs belonged to a remote gentile city, near Samaria, can't think of the cities name, seems it started with a G., who were outraged, and they sent word for Jesus to stay out of thier city, which he did.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:

Forum List

Back