Go Backwards to Post 1945 ? – Sure!

It is not a race card. It was the reality for blacks all over the nation, and especially in the south. I am not referring to some vague claim of discrimination. I am talking about being beaten or killed for wanting to vote. Being murdered because someone said you looked at a white woman.

Not a race card. Racial reality of the late 40s and the 1950s.
I went to school with black kids in the 1950's . None of what you claim, happened there. You did say "all over the nation"

1945 was a great time to be a white, male, straight, Christian, WWII vet

If you weren't, life could be miserable
My mother lived through the year 1945. She was not "miserable" in one minute of it. I suspect millions of other women felt the same.
Women, blacks, gays, jews, minorities were fine.....as long as they knew their place

Some issues with your list:

#2 - Girls were girls and expected to know their place. People were not allowed to be individuals, but expected to be just like the rest.

#3 - Cars ran better? Plenty of cars run over 200k miles. Plus they are exponentially safer than the cars of that time. Add in the comforts of a/c, better seats, and more options make them far superior. Yes, you can find example of old cars that lasted. But unsafe and uncomfortable is not something I want again.

#6 - Without computers you did not have access to the amount of info you do now, your shopping choices were severely limited, and shortages were common. No records could be accessed quickly unless you were on the spot. And criminals only had to move to a new state to start fresh.

#7 - Pro athletes made decent money but had little control over where they played and for whom. And the runs of winning lasted longer because the inferior teams could not get the better athletes, since they were tied up for their entire career.

#9 - Blacks didn't riot when they were angry about a teenage boy being lynched or because they were not allowed to vote. Why? Because they would be violently abused, if not murdered.

#13 - And hospitals sent you to the morgue for things that are now treated in walk-in clinics. The level of medical care now is far superior to anything in the late 40s and early 50s.

#15 - Only Christianity was respected. Every other faith was treated like dirt. And the Christians felt fine putting theirfaith into laws that you had to follow whether you shared their beliefs or not.

#20 - Soldiers are well respected now. With the exception of a few freaks, they are routinely thanked for their service. Cops are much the same. Except now the cops are held to task for the crimes they commit. Back then, shooting a black man was a celebration.
#2 - Their place is being what they were - a girl. And being sane. What's wrong with that ?

#3 - mechanics will tell you old cars were better built. They also were tougher steel, and many of todays cars are plastic (believe it or not) Mechanics could work on old cars better too. Didn't have that confusing computer thing.

#6 - Of course computers give us some good things. I never said they don't. But they also give us national INsecurity. GOT IT ?

#7 - True what you say about "runs of winning lasted longer", but win or lose, I still prefer knowing who's playing on my team, not seeing a different lineup every year.

#9 - I'm talking about blacks rioting because a despicable trash bag president incited them to do that. Get it ? Mr. Change the Subject ?

#13 - that's IF you GET medical care (and that happens when you have insurance, Get it ?

#15 - Buslllshit. I went to public school in NYC. My classes were 90% Jewish. Judaism was highly respected.

I'm out of time right now.

Women, blacks, gays, jews, minorities were fine.....as long as they knew their place
The "place' that my mother had in 1945, was being a wife, a mother, and a homemaker. And that was a perfectly fine "place" No need for anything more. :biggrin:

90% of my classmates in the 50s were Jews. Their place was the same as any other religion. Blacks - same as everyone else(nobody got incited to riot, from false info & cop hating)

Gays kept quiet because they didn't want people to know they were the insane sex perverts that they were. They didn't go around parading to compensate for the shame they felt (like today's gays do)

#20 - Soldiers are well respected now. With the exception of a few freaks, they are routinely thanked for their service. Cops are much the same. Except now the cops are held to task for the crimes they commit. Back then, shooting a black man was a celebration.

Lots of people on the left hate the military (and everyone in it). That is a fact.

Cops have been demonized by the Obama/Sharpton/Jackson/Crump race hustlers machine. Together they have incited riots all over the country, with make believe charges against cops in Ferguson, Baltimore, N. Charlseton, SC, Baton Rouge, New York City, Charlotte, NC, Tulsa, OK, etc, etc.

Obama sent his running dogs out, threatening mayors & governors with DOJ lawsuits if they didn't comply with his demands to order cops to stand down, and let rioters riot. Obama has carried on a race hustler campaign , threatening them with US Justice Dept lawsuits that the cities and states can't afford to fight, if they don't comply with his wishes. That's how things like "give them space to destroy" came from (Stephanie Rawlings). And keeping the National Guard away from the Ferguson rioters (Jay Nixon)

Forum List

Back