Glamour model to cover up and convert to Islam

She's in for a rough time, Syrenn. I doubt this is the last we'll hear of this story. Sad.

she will end up dead.... or ousted from the country without her daughter.

That is what I am worried about. That she is going to end up dead, her daughter will be raised in that culture and married off at a young age to a Muslim man. She was on vacation, she met the Tunisian people on their best behavior. They want those tourists to come back. It's going to be an entirely different thing when she moves there. She will definitely experience culture shock. Her daughter will be expected to wear the hajib too. Wonder if she knows that yet?

It is. I didn't know that screen names were expected to be gender correct, Vikrant. But if you are interested in knowing why I chose the screen name Jeremiah here it is: My favorite prophet from the Torah is Jeremiah the Weeping Prophet. So I chose that for my s/n.

There was another reason - for my choosing a male s/n. When a friend of mine sent me the link here I didn't like all the sex and wild talk. It was intimidating to say the least. It was like a culture shock to me. I had no idea what was going on as politics board I came from didn't have this stuff. So I decided to opt out on the avatar - go with Jeremiah and then I went straight to the Israel / Palestine boards until I felt comfortable going to the bigger board. I'm not a facebook member / my space member - not into any of that. I like my privacy and felt the name Jeremiah was a good fit for me. You can call me Jeri! That can be either a male or a females name! :eusa_angel:

Jeri, it is.

I think it is understandable that a woman may be a bit intimidated by tough talking cyber bullies.

This board totally blew my mind when I first saw it, Vikrant. I was thinking no way! It was scary! My friends online know I'm a recluse and do not get out. This board even has a bar! I think that was the first thing I saw was the bar - happy hour conversation. I just read the board but I wouldn't write anything. I like the board now. I also found the pet link, poetry and art and like those forums - there is something for everyone here I reckon. It's a great board!

oh come on jeri..... the Tavern is not what you think. Give it a try and jump right in. I promise....we dont bite. :eusa_angel:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-rubber-room/213874-the-tavern.html

She's in for a rough time, Syrenn. I doubt this is the last we'll hear of this story. Sad.

she will end up dead.... or ousted from the country without her daughter.

That is what I am worried about. That she is going to end up dead, her daughter will be raised in that culture and married off at a young age to a Muslim man. She was on vacation, she met the Tunisian people on their best behavior. They want those tourists to come back. It's going to be an entirely different thing when she moves there. She will definitely experience culture shock. Her daughter will be expected to wear the hajib too. Wonder if she knows that yet?

yes, i know. She is falling for the romance of it all.... oohhh... a veil!

his mother and family will be her worst nightmare. And HE will go along with it all.

Jeri, it is.

I think it is understandable that a woman may be a bit intimidated by tough talking cyber bullies.

This board totally blew my mind when I first saw it, Vikrant. I was thinking no way! It was scary! My friends online know I'm a recluse and do not get out. This board even has a bar! I think that was the first thing I saw was the bar - happy hour conversation. I just read the board but I wouldn't write anything. I like the board now. I also found the pet link, poetry and art and like those forums - there is something for everyone here I reckon. It's a great board!

You must be referring to The Tavern run by our Syrenn. I like that place. It is a good place to have light chit chat. I sometimes literally have drink in my hand when I type in The Tavern.
Yep. That would be the one! It must have been a weekend and the first conversation was off the wall crazy! I said, Yikes! Then I went to the flame zone thread where some guy was giving ladygunslinger the most awful verbal assault I've ever heard - it was awful! I have never heard a man speak that way to a woman before. It was shocking to say the least. Like he was trying to beat her up! Ugh. I didn't like that. Syrenn is one of my favorite writers here. I like her boldness. She is a gifted poet as well. I was reading her writings the other day. she has a very creative mind..

^ I did not know Syrenn was a poet. I will definitely head out to the writing board to check it out.

Next thing she might become a suicide bomber - if he asks her too?

Bloody idiot of a woman!

She may have been DA Bomb when she was modelling, but now she is just a boobie who may receive implants for a flight to nowhere.

That is not a bad question. I think she is the only one who can give you an absolute answer on that. However, since we do not know why she did not ask him to convert, I will take a few guesses.

a) I think it is illegal in Islam for a muslim to convert to another religion.
b) She may not be practicing any religion. (But I think I see your point though in that she could have always asked him to go not practicing any religion.)

The penalty for leaving Islam is death. Their prophet has a hadith which states if any muslim leaves his religion, kill him. So there's that! The girl is clear in the news story that she was a party girl. This is not going to go well should the parents have a computer and see this story on the internet. Her photos with him would be a dead giveaway - perhaps giving the term new meaning? - Jeri

bottom line is ... he loves his religion more then he loves HER.

just wait until he gets home and reverts to being a good little muslim..... she wont be loving it so much anymore.

This smacks of emotional blackmail, 'He explained that he loved me and wanted me to be his wife and they have come round to that. He accepts that [glamour modelling] is what I do and doesn’t try to change me. But he says once we are married my body is for his eyes only.'

I wonder what she will do with her tattoo, moreover based on her several statement she is a lush who gets blasted then walks around naked. She may be seeking redemption and a means to control her drinking through religion. She would not be the first.

You know women can choose to cover themselves up no matter what their religion is. No need to start following the teachings of a pedophile false prophet.

she's just looking for attention and her 5 minutes of fame... nobody has ever heard of her until now. she's probably from Hull or something...

Forum List

Back