Givers and Takers

wavingrl

Nov 14, 2012
ATL
a timely topic. 'Tis the Season' or maybe not.

expound.

Givers, Takers, and those who Give and Take

where to begin

<Then there are the people who Give and Take. However, Give-and-Takers can be quite complex and can be difficult to identify and understand. Some Give-and-Takers only do so with specific people. For example, some women are the firmest Takers in relation to men, but are the kindest and most generous Givers to their friends and relatives. Some Give-and-Takers are obsessed with making sure their giving and taking is skewed to one side. In other words, some will always make sure they give less than they take, while others are very focused on giving more than they take. Other Give-and-Takers are adamant that they not give the same things they take. They believe that there are specific things that they must always give and specific things they must always take &#8211; and they refuse to give what they believe they&#8217;re supposed to take, and refuse to take what they believe they&#8217;re supposed to give.>

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/help.html#pwTrTYhOEpfjrsJE.99

~~~
some good thoughts about giving/taking in that link

~~~~~~
I suppose to some Steve Jobs would not be a stereotypical 'giver' and yet he was?

Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything - all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.

Steve Jobs

Last edited:
I fall into the giver category. Giving is cool. Makes me feel good and the surprise on the takers face is priceless. Like the lady at the thrift shop I was at a few days ago. She had 6 bucks and needed an outfit for a job interview. She told the woman working there that was all she had. I didn't have much either, but I said I would toss in another 6 bucks. Could they find her something presentable with 12 bucks? Yes, they could. My prize? The joy on her face at what little I assisted with. Made me feel good.

“When we give cheerfully and accept gratefully, everyone is blessed.”
&#8213; Maya Angelou

Forum List

Back