Giants' pitcher Sam Coonrod refuses to kneel during Black Lives Matter: “So I just believe that I can’t kneel before anything besides God.”

Some Blue Jay players kneeled for their game against the Rays.

I left the room. My wife was watching for a bit but I won't watch if they kneel. I don't care their motives. This isn't the way to get my attention, and I'm able to speak about the issue of police abuse, race, socio-economic status etc. as much as anyone.

He's his own man.

Giants' pitcher Sam Coonrod refuses to kneel during Black Lives Matter moment because of faith: 'I'm a Christian'

San Francisco Giants pitcher Sam Coonrod was the only player to stand during a moment honoring the Black Lives Matter movement ahead of the season opener against the Los Angeles Dodgers, telling reporters after the game that as a Christian he “can’t kneel before anything besides God.”

MLB provided teams with a long black ribbon that players on both sides jointly held as they kneeled in unity.

Every player and coach from the Washington Nationals and New York Yankees took part in the demonstration ahead of their game, but hours later, Coonrod stood alone.

I’m a Christian," he said, according to TMZ Sports. “So I just believe that I can’t kneel before anything besides God.”

So ONE guy out of a hundred didn't kneel and he's your hero?
Weird man .. WEIRD :uhoh3:

Hero is a strong word. I reserve that for those in the military or who put their life in extreme danger against great odds/risk. I just respect people who blaze their own trail. One man not giving in to peer pressure and the public slurs that will surely come his way is a man I can respect.

In the article he also goes on to say there are aspects of the BLM movement that he has trouble with, the Marxist connotations. It's important to hear all sides of an argument.

If that dude believes the BLM movement has anything to do with Marxism, then he’s a solid candidate for adult education.

Understand they are offering twofers on tuition. You can buddy up! ;-)

I'm sick of the bullshit appeasement of blacks. It has to stop...
What has to stop is the abuse black people have to put up with.

Then they better stop acting like unfed chimps in a zoo and start acting responsibly.

Nothing will change for the better as long as the riots continue. No one on the right is too interested in conversing with a pack of animals...

This ^ is your third comparison of Blacks to monkeys/ animals in a single thread.

See ya racist asshole :)

Last edited:
Wonder if Donnie Dark turned off yesterday’s games too - He may as well forget about sports y’think??

Last edited:

Then they better stop acting like unfed chimps in a zoo and start acting responsibly.

Nothing will change for the better as long as the riots continue. No one on the right is too interested in conversing with a pack of animals...

This ^ is your third comparison of Blacks to monkeys/ animals in a single thread.

Beat it, bitch...

Maybe if they stopped acting like monkeys the comparisons would stop...

He's his own man.

Giants' pitcher Sam Coonrod refuses to kneel during Black Lives Matter moment because of faith: 'I'm a Christian'

San Francisco Giants pitcher Sam Coonrod was the only player to stand during a moment honoring the Black Lives Matter movement ahead of the season opener against the Los Angeles Dodgers, telling reporters after the game that as a Christian he “can’t kneel before anything besides God.”

MLB provided teams with a long black ribbon that players on both sides jointly held as they kneeled in unity.

Every player and coach from the Washington Nationals and New York Yankees took part in the demonstration ahead of their game, but hours later, Coonrod stood alone.

I’m a Christian," he said, according to TMZ Sports. “So I just believe that I can’t kneel before anything besides God.”
He is within his rights not to participate just as it is within anyone else’s rights who chooses to participate.
That is the whole point.

Let me ask you this, suppose instead of standing or kneeling, he lounged on patio furniture, surfing the net and puffing on a pell mell? Would you stand up for his rights then?

He's his own man.

Hero is a strong word. I reserve that for those in the military or who put their life in extreme danger against great odds/risk. I just respect people who blaze their own trail. One man not giving in to peer pressure and the public slurs that will surely come his way is a man I can respect.

In the article he also goes on to say there are aspects of the BLM movement that he has trouble with, the Marxist connotations. It's important to hear all sides of an argument.

If that dude believes the BLM movement has anything to do with Marxism, then he’s a solid candidate for adult education.

What we see in sports now is pure peer pressure. It is dangerous. And the cable TV companies need to be destroyed.

He's his own man.

augustjr.jpeg

august_landmesser_1.jpg

He's his own man.

What we see in sports now is pure peer pressure. It is dangerous. And the cable TV companies need to be destroyed.

Aha - You're with your Donald when he talks about delicensing media he doesn't like. Yer a good lil Fascist! ;-)

He's his own man.

His call.

Forum List

Back