Getting Waste Energy usable?

watchingfromafar

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2017
With fossil fuel energy on its way out, I have been trying to come up with a way to save the energy we now use. Here is what I came up with.

May the rockrock-throwingin.

wastsme - Copy.PNG

:)-

With fossil fuel energy on its way out, I have been trying to come up with a way to save the energy we now use. Here is what I came up with.

May the rockrock-throwingin.

View attachment 714025
The energy saved, which will be zero, is certainly lost in the manufacturing of the five generators and the pulleys needed. Technically, all this is a waste of energy.

What energy in your diagram is "not consumed"?
wastsme.PNG

The electric motor is being used to move a conveyor belt. The energy the motor consumes moving the conveyor belt is not 100% of the motors potential output.

98% is needed to move the belt. 2% is not utilized. That 2% is the recoverable energy not being captured. The numbers used here are arbitrary. The actual energy potential will have to be determined by experimentation.

View attachment 714709
The electric motor is being used to move a conveyor belt. The energy the motor consumes moving the conveyor belt is not 100% of the motors potential output.

98% is needed to move the belt. 2% is not utilized. That 2% is the recoverable energy not being captured. The numbers used here are arbitrary. The actual energy potential will have to be determined by experimentation.

You're adding more belts with more friction.
How are you saving anything?

You're adding more belts with more friction.
How are you saving anything?
There is only one (1) belt.

I am not trying to save anything. I am trying to use the waste energy used to drive the electric motor.

Example:
An electric motor is driving a belt.
At this point, the motor is performing its task.

I now apply a resistance (A) to the belt.

It is not enough resistance to stop the movement of the belt
Not even enough resistance to slow down the movement.

That small bit of resistance (A) is captured and identified as extra energy not before accounted for.

Is this making any sense to you?

Possible additive.
WD-40 is an American brand and the trademark of a penetrating oil manufactured by the WD-40 Company based in San Diego, California. The formula for WD-40 was invented for the Rocket Chemical Company as early as 1953 before it evolved into the WD-40 Company. WD-40 became available as a commercial product in 1961. It acts as a lubricant, rust preventative, penetrant and moisture displacer.
WD-40 - Wikipedia

It might help in the run of things.

There is only one (1) belt.

I am not trying to save anything. I am trying to use the waste energy used to drive the electric motor.

Example:
An electric motor is driving a belt.
At this point, the motor is performing its task.

I now apply a resistance (A) to the belt.

It is not enough resistance to stop the movement of the belt
Not even enough resistance to slow down the movement.

That small bit of resistance (A) is captured and identified as extra energy not before accounted for.

Is this making any sense to you?

If you're speeding up one belt, you're slowing down the other.
Losing energy on both.

Forum List

Back