Get Rid of Spanish in America

AND can we get rid of the barely understandable telephone customer service jackasses??
I hang up on them

AND can we get rid of the barely understandable telephone customer service jackasses??
I hang up on them

I immediately request to speak with an agent who speaks clear, fluent English....I won’t waste one minute fucking around trying to understand jibber-jabber.

How do you get rid of a language?

The next step of course would be getting rid of accents. And of course all slang terms that didn't meet the national standard list.

What a fucked-up world.
Oh here we go. "THE NEXT STEP"

LOOK OUT everybody! Oh God! If we ban Vioxx ( a dangerous drug), THE NEXT STEP will be to ban aspirin, Pepto Bismol, and BenGay.

Go back to sleep.

I hang up on them

I would be all for life sentences for anybody who sets up a phone robot that says "press one for English", oblivious to the fact that it just said that IN English. :death:

I mean that's just fucking mindless.

How about conducting all business in English? How does that ban anything?

Do you mean government business or all business? If you mean the former, I am with you, if you mean the latter, you're advocating tyranny

Government. Official biz. Everyone else is free to do what they want.

Yes, I'm with you then. I agree. I thought that's what you meant, Billy. Just wanted you to specify that.

That isn't what Protectionist is advocating, he's proposing government ban private businesses from operating in Spanish, which is not what you are doing
I don't think Protectionist really knows what he's proposing. LOL

If you have to preserve your identity by restricting the free speech of citizens, then you're just a despot anyway.

Again, I agree that government should speak English. You are advocating that government have the power to prevent it's citizens from speaking Spanish, and that's tyranny. You would have been a Tory in the revolution
Not tyranny. Just simple nationality preservation. Nobody said anything about people "speaking Spanish" to one another. Although that;s a bad thing, and it also detracts from the national identity, the OP is talking about media, telephone recordings, advertising, etc.

As for free speech, plenty of things are restricted, you don't know ?

What about words like taco, burrito margarita. Since those are Spanish words, what would be an acceptable way to describe them on a menu since Spanish would be banned? My first thought for burrito was a stuffed rolled tortilla. But damn, another illegal Spanish word!

And Pogo asked you a good question on words like "no" that are both English and Spanish? It's way too dangerous to allow words used in both languages to be legal because that's a clear back door to making lots of Spanish words legal.

So you kind of warm up to that Hitler guy and his Jewish final solution, huh? What first clued you in that wouldn't be a bad idea?

I hang up on them

I immediately request to speak with an agent who speaks clear, fluent English....I won’t waste one minute fucking around trying to understand jibber-jabber.

Good luck with that, try calling Microsoft tech support for any server products.

I hang up and call back for another call center...it works every time.

If you have to preserve your identity by restricting the free speech of citizens, then you're just a despot anyway.

Again, I agree that government should speak English. You are advocating that government have the power to prevent it's citizens from speaking Spanish, and that's tyranny. You would have been a Tory in the revolution
Not tyranny. Just simple nationality preservation. Nobody said anything about people "speaking Spanish" to one another. Although that;s a bad thing, and it also detracts from the national identity, the OP is talking about media, telephone recordings, advertising, etc.

What about words like taco, burrito margarita. Since those are Spanish words, what would be an acceptable way to describe them on a menu since Spanish would be banned? My first thought for burrito was a stuffed rolled tortilla. But damn, another illegal Spanish word!

And Pogo asked you a good question on words like "no" that are both English and Spanish? It's way too dangerous to allow words used in both languages to be legal because that's a clear back door to making lots of Spanish words legal.

So you kind of warm up to that Hitler guy and his Jewish final solution, huh? What first clued you in that wouldn't be a bad idea?

We'd also have to change the name of Colorado. And several other states. Not to even mention Los Angeles, San Antonio and a slew of other place names. Children's birthday parties could not feature a piñata. And you'd be going into a bar to order a "Little Margaret".

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: kaz
"Hate" was in the post to which I responded, which would have been obvious if you hadn't dishonestly removed that post.

The point remains, there is no definition of "hate" that gets in smelling distance of the idea of defying your fascisti fantassies.

Oh that's Olde Englisshe by the way. Still counts.
I didn't remove any post. Are you dreaming ?

Preserving a national identity is not fascism. HA HA. Pardon me. That was a good laugh.

Do you mean government business or all business? If you mean the former, I am with you, if you mean the latter, you're advocating tyranny

Government. Official biz. Everyone else is free to do what they want.

Yes, I'm with you then. I agree. I thought that's what you meant, Billy. Just wanted you to specify that.

That isn't what Protectionist is advocating, he's proposing government ban private businesses from operating in Spanish, which is not what you are doing
I don't think Protectionist really knows what he's proposing. LOL

Well, he said television, phone recordings and advertisement in Spanish should be illegal, that's pretty specifically government tyranny

LOL. Look, I have no problem if people speak their native language. However, where I live, the public school system is spending a fortune teaching children in Spanish because they refuse to learn English... I have a problem with this.

I used to have a Honduran lady that worked for me, Monday morning, her accent was thick... not so much on Friday. She spoke nothing but Spanish over the weekend.
upload_2018-2-16_12-0-56.jpeg

"Hate" was in the post to which I responded, which would have been obvious if you hadn't dishonestly removed that post.

The point remains, there is no definition of "hate" that gets in smelling distance of the idea of defying your fascisti fantassies.

Oh that's Olde Englisshe by the way. Still counts.
I didn't remove any post. Are you dreaming ?

Preserving a national identity is not fascism. HA HA. Pardon me. That was a good laugh.

Dictating what words people can say is, gringo.

You know, I'm wondering if we can even eat Mexican food. Isn't that a slippery slope to allowing free speech to come back again?

Nope, from here out, it's fish and chips and shepard's pie for the lot of us
There is no slippery slope (except to those dishonestly trying to redefine an issue). Be genuine.

We'd also have to change the name of Colorado. And several other states. Not to even mention Los Angeles, San Antonio and a slew of other place names.

Great points. Spanish is all around us, the forces of evil are closing in!

I'm still upset though that Mexican is one of my favorite types of food and I don't know how to order what I want anymore. How do I ask for fish tacos? How do I ask for two enchiladas, one spinach and one cheese? What are the English words for those? I just don't know.

I'm going to have a quesadilla for lunch while I still know how to ask for it

You're right the United States does need an official language, I vote we make it Java, concise, easy to learn, portable and efficient. :D

"There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't"

Spanish should be BANNED in the US. No ifs, ands, or buts.

I go into my local Mexican restaurant --- what happens? I can't order? If I read the menu out loud do your stürmtroopers goose-step in and toss me in a Konzentration Kamp?

You know, I'm wondering if we can even eat Mexican food. Isn't that a slippery slope to allowing free speech to come back again?

Nope, from here out, it's fish and chips and shepard's pie for the lot of us

Good point. The fact that someone who made that food might have spoken Spanish while doing it, should make it illegal.

Forum List

Back