Germany agrees on gas deal with Qatar to cut reliance on Russia...America should do the same, my friends

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
After clinching gas deal with Qatar, Germany's economy minister says, 'we might still need Russian gas this year, but not in the future' and adds 'he who has ears should start to listen'.

After clinching gas deal with Qatar, Germany's economy minister says, 'we might still need Russian gas this year, but not in the future' and adds 'he who has ears should start to listen'.

This is great. Qatar has massive amounts of natural gas offshore in the South Pars field they share with Iran. Where's the pipeline route?

This is great. Qatar has massive amounts of natural gas offshore in the South Pars field they share with Iran. Where's the pipeline route?
That's just it...there is no pipeline route.

Shipped gas is quite expensive, and may not completely meet need.

I mean it's better than not having any...but still.

That's just it...there is no pipeline route.

Shipped gas is quite expensive, and may not completely meet need.

I mean it's better than not having any...but still.
I wondered. Tapline used to run from Ghawar thru Syria to Sidon. Sabotage in Syria was a problem and would be again. There is an east west pipeline just south of Jubail that could work for Saudi and Qatar if they wanted to get together.

I wondered. Tapline used to run from Ghawar thru Syria to Sidon. Sabotage in Syria was a problem and would be again. There is an east west pipeline just south of Jubail that could work for Saudi and Qatar if they wanted to get together.
That's another thing. Lag time on infrastructure projects would run into years.

The west has really put its foot in it.

Meanwhile, Russia is cutting big deals with India and China.

Glad to see Germany doing what Trump wanted them to do years ago....maybe there would be Ukrainians alive today had they followed his warning...sad, but at least they are doing the right thing now

ERRRRRRR....wrong.
Look at your source.
Glad to see Germany doing what Trump wanted them to do years ago....maybe there would be Ukrainians alive today had they followed his warning...sad, but at least they are doing the right thing now
. My God how stupid. Look at a map. How are you going to get the gas from Qatar to Germany. Trump is a moron.

Look at your source.. My God how stupid. Look at a map. How are you going to get the gas from Qatar to Germany. Trump is a moron.
amazing how quickly you flip flopped on this.

The Germany pipeline with Putin was bad for Europe, bad for NATO, but you all defended it, Xiden literally approved it, and now we are seeing the consquences of Germany's unholy allience, we are seeing Trump was right to call them out, and we are seeing how the Dems more flexible with Putin policies are death.

Glad you all are coming around, but it's a day late and dollar short for the people of Ukraine

Q
amazing how quickly you flip flopped on this.

The Germany pipeline with Putin was bad for Europe, bad for NATO, but you all defended it, Xiden literally approved it, and now we are seeing the consquences of Germany's unholy allience, we are seeing Trump was right to call them out, and we are seeing how the Dems more flexible with Putin policies are death.

Glad you all are coming around, but it's a day late and dollar short for the people of Ukraine
Qatar has plenty of gas. They share a field with Iran. Are they they going to ship the gas from the Persian Gulf down through the straits of Hormuz, around Yemen and back up the Red Sea to the Suez Canal? Remember the Al Houthi are trying to control the bab Al mandab. Look at a damned map. You'll be light years ahead of Baby Hughey.

Changing dependency from one country to another is not a solution.
Point taken. The best solution is to pipe it through Syria to Sidon or Haifa, but that too is fraught with political problems.

Q
Qatar has plenty of gas. They share a field with Iran. Are they they going to ship the gas from the Persian Gulf down through the straits of Hormuz, around Yemen and back up the Red Sea to the Suez Canal? Remember the Al Houthi are trying to control the bab Al mandab. Look at a damned map. You'll be light years ahead of Baby Hughey.
France needs to work tthat out. but glad to see they are dealing with it instead of with Putin. Trump was right, dealing with Putin is a far greater thread to Germany, Europe, and NATO....Merkel was one of Putin's useful idiots

Look at your source.

They refer to Putin an an authoritarian dictator in the article.
Which source would you prefer? If I provided a Russian source then you would claim that they were pandering to a dictator.
Why don't you just STFU on the topic until you have something concrete to add.

They refer to Putin an an authoritarian dictator in the article.
Which source would you prefer? If I provided a Russian source then you would claim that they were pandering to a dictator.
Why don't you just STFU on the topic until you have something concrete to add.
Nordstream2 is the perfect economic solution for Europe and good for Russia and the Stans. Putin has lost his mind. He can't eat that gas. If you look at a map there's really no solution for Qatar to get their gas to Germany. Insulting me doesn't solve the problem or make the problem magically go away. I agree that Putin is a mad, authoritarian dictator... Now what about getting Qatar's gas to market?

France needs to work tthat out. but glad to see they are dealing with it instead of with Putin. Trump was right, dealing with Putin is a far greater thread to Germany, Europe, and NATO....Merkel was one of Putin's useful idiots
How is France going to get Qatar's gas to Germany? Trump is playing politics and trashing Merkel who's a far more able leader than he will ever be. Classic Trump... Trash Merkel.

How is France going to get Qatar's gas to Germany? Trump is playing politics and trashing Merkel who's a far more able leader than he will ever be. Classic Trump... Trash Merkel.
hahah yeah she was such a great leader....for Putin....just another Putin puppet who undermined NATO

Nordstream2 is the perfect economic solution for Europe and good for Russia and the Stans. Putin has lost his mind. He can't eat that gas. If you look at a map there's really no solution for Qatar to get their gas to Germany. Insulting me doesn't solve the problem or make the problem magically go away. I agree that Putin is a mad, authoritarian dictator... Now what about getting Qatar's gas to market?
Yeah, but Putin was a dictator years ago when Germany got into bed with him....most folks noticed that and warned against it....the Dems however didn't listen, and were playing the "more flexible" with Putin policies....and supported Merkel.

Xiden lifted sanctions about as soon as he could.

Tragic, watching the useful idiots in the DNC do Putin's work

Yeah, but Putin was a dictator years ago when Germany got into bed with him....most folks noticed that and warned against it....the Dems however didn't listen, and were playing the "more flexible" with Putin policies....and supported Merkel.

Xiden lifted sanctions about as soon as he could.

Tragic, watching the useful idiots in the DNC do Putin's work
Years ago Putin ran a charm offensive. Germany isn't in bed with Putin. This is business not personalities. Nordstream2 is a horrifically expensive pipeline. Putin is such a genius he has an idle pipeline and gas he can't sell. But Trump sings Putin's praises.

Forum List

Back