Georgia Senate blocks mega tax cuts for Delta in response to Delta punishing law abiding NRA

So what? Most of those you're arguing with here agree with you - no one should be getting special tax breaks from the government. The biggest reason to oppose them is exactly what's going on in Georgia: government uses the tax breaks to coerce behavior.

The issue isn't whether Delta should have the tax break to begin with - it's whether tax policy should depend on the political activities of the taxpayer. As a general principle, that's a really dangerous line to cross.

And you idiots are demanding the government continue to give Delta a special tax break because government shouldn't be coercing businesses. Can't make that shit up.

A company takes a blue position in a read State. No, that's not going to go badly ...

Not a single person in this thread had demanded that the government continue to give Delta a special tax break. Do you have to work at being this good of a liar or does it just come naturally?

OMG you're a sheep. I've been continually attacked for saying I want the tax break ended. You are so brainwashed.

Tell the truth, you think Hillary is a cutie, don't you?

Oh bullshit. Nobody had attacked you for that, we have just pointed out that the tax break is secondary ot the reasons why the government choose to end it. The why is more important than the what in this instance.

Grow up and quit whining! Do you need some crayons and a safe space for a little while? Should I tell everyone on the board not to be mean to you for a day or two?

Aw, time for a nap, little one?

:sleep:

That is a good idea, go take your nap and after you wake up come back and try and be an adult again.

And you idiots are demanding the government continue to give Delta a special tax break because government shouldn't be coercing businesses. Can't make that shit up.

A company takes a blue position in a read State. No, that's not going to go badly ...

Not a single person in this thread had demanded that the government continue to give Delta a special tax break. Do you have to work at being this good of a liar or does it just come naturally?

OMG you're a sheep. I've been continually attacked for saying I want the tax break ended. You are so brainwashed.

Oh bullshit. Nobody had attacked you for that, we have just pointed out that the tax break is secondary ot the reasons why the government choose to end it. The why is more important than the what in this instance.

Grow up and quit whining! Do you need some crayons and a safe space for a little while? Should I tell everyone on the board not to be mean to you for a day or two?

Aw, time for a nap, little one?

:sleep:

That is a good idea, go take your nap and after you wake up come back and try and be an adult again.

Playground! Your typical intellectual fare

Remember these?

kaz: You're a leftist, I'm a libertarian
Geezing Gator: No, you're a leftist

kaz: You'd be afraid to shoot a gun
Geezing Gator: No, you're afraid to shoot a gun

kaz: You'd whining I am not responding to your posts on Saturday night? Have you heard of going out on Saturday night?
Geezing Gator: No, you don't go out on Saturday night

Now it's ...

kaz: You're a kid who needs a nap
Geezing Gator: No, you're a kid who needs a nap

LMAO

Last edited:
I've brought up nothing about "positive and negative rights". That's absurd.

Of course you have. You just don't understand what you say.

Delta is not entitled to a special tax break, that is a positive right. You're talking about it like that they are removing a tax break that isn't targeted to them.

Delta - $40 million
All other airlines combined - $10 million

So what? Most of those you're arguing with here agree with you - no one should be getting special tax breaks from the government. The biggest reason to oppose them is exactly what's going on in Georgia: government uses the tax breaks to coerce behavior.

The issue isn't whether Delta should have the tax break to begin with - it's whether tax policy should depend on the political activities of the taxpayer. As a general principle, that's a really dangerous line to cross.

Who attacked you for wanting the tax break to end? The argument that I have made, and seen others make, is that the tax break should not be used as a lever against Delta to try to get them to give NRA members a discount. I know that I have said specifically, on more than one occasion, that I don't have any problem with the GA government deciding not to give an airline fuel tax break. It is the way certain representatives specifically dangled that potential tax break as a goad to get Delta to reinstitute a discount I take issue with.

Do you not see how a person can be unhappy with the reason behind an act, even if they are not unhappy with the act itself?

Who attacked you for wanting the tax break to end? The argument that I have made, and seen others make, is that the tax break should not be used as a lever against Delta to try to get them to give NRA members a discount.

They didn't do that, simpleton. They ended Delta's special tax break. They didn't make them do anything. Delta wasn't given a choice

Delta is not entitled to a special tax break, that is a positive right. You're talking about it like that they are removing a tax break that isn't targeted to them.

Delta - $40 million

Who attacked you for wanting the tax break to end? The argument that I have made, and seen others make, is that the tax break should not be used as a lever against Delta to try to get them to give NRA members a discount. I know that I have said specifically, on more than one occasion, that I don't have any problem with the GA government deciding not to give an airline fuel tax break. It is the way certain representatives specifically dangled that potential tax break as a goad to get Delta to reinstitute a discount I take issue with.

Do you not see how a person can be unhappy with the reason behind an act, even if they are not unhappy with the act itself?

Here's one

No, you are a fascist because you are FOR the government trying to force one private entity to give special perks to a different private entity.

They are indeed entirely different, a distinction lost on many.

But you'll note which one of is taking the stand against government trying to coerce a business into assuming its preferred political posture. That, obviously, makes me the Liberal. Much as I hate to say it about this particular company, Lieutenant Dipshit needs to leave Delta the fuck alone.

No liberal fails to grasp the difference between positive and negative rights. That's leftist

Delta - $40 million

I'm demanding no such thing. I'm just pointing out what a bunch of unprincipled hypocrites Republicans have become.

Should it? Should a "red" state be allowed to punish companies who take a "blue" position? That's really the question here. And you can't bring yourself to simply say "no". Why not?

No liberal fails to grasp the difference between positive and negative rights. That's leftist

Delta - $40 million

I'm demanding no such thing. I'm just pointing out what a bunch of unprincipled hypocrites Republicans have become.

Should it? Should a "red" state be allowed to punish companies who take a "blue" position? That's really the question here. And you can't bring yourself to simply say "no". Why not?

Try reading my post again. I didn't say that, it's a strawman. Nowhere did I say what "should" happen. I said what will happen.

Think about that. You can't say anything will happen unless you think it should? You going to stand by that if I read your posts?

Here's one

No, you are a fascist because you are FOR the government trying to force one private entity to give special perks to a different private entity.

Uhhh...nice try but that was not about the tax breaks going away that was about the Govt trying to force one private entity (Delta) to give special perks to a different private entity (NRA)

Who attacked you for wanting the tax break to end? The argument that I have made, and seen others make, is that the tax break should not be used as a lever against Delta to try to get them to give NRA members a discount.

They didn't do that, simpleton. They ended Delta's special tax break. They didn't make them do anything. Delta wasn't given a choice

They were given a choice, they were told the tax breaks depending upon their giving the discount back to the NRA. Whether that was a lie or not is irrelevant

They were given a choice, they were told the tax breaks depending upon their giving the discount back to the NRA. Whether that was a lie or not is irrelevant

Bull Shit. Show where the Georgia Legislature gave them a choice

From the LtGov of Georiga...I will kill any tax legislation that benefits @Delta unless the company changes its position and fully reinstates its relationship with @NRA. Corporations cannot attack conservatives and expect us not to fight back.

Here's one

Uhhh...nice try but that was not about the tax breaks going away that was about the Govt trying to force one private entity (Delta) to give special perks to a different private entity (NRA)

Which would make sense if I had the position that the legislature should have kept the tax break if Delta reinstated the NRA discount, but I didn't. I said I wanted it revoked regardless of what Delta did. I don't think they should have gotten in in the first place. I would have wanted it revoked if Delta said nothing about the NRA.

You got me though, Hitler did things like that. You know, if you don't give me my way, I won't give you a tax break!!!!

No hyperbole there, dumb ass

Try reading my post again. I didn't say that, it's a strawman. Nowhere did I say what "should" happen. I said what will happen.

LOL. Try reading my post again. I didn't say you said that. I simply asked you for your opinion on the matter. Do you think states should be allowed to punish taxpayers for their political views?

Here's one

Which would make sense if I had the position that the legislature should have kept the tax break if Delta reinstated the NRA discount, but I didn't. I said I wanted it revoked regardless of what Delta did. I don't think they should have gotten in in the first place. I would have wanted it revoked if Delta said nothing about the NRA.

You got me though, Hitler did things like that. You know, if you don't give me my way, I won't give you a tax break!!!!

No hyperbole there, dumb ass

You are not a fan of hyperbole? Then maybe you should put me on ignore. just a thought!

From the LtGov of Georiga...I will kill any tax legislation that benefits @Delta unless the company changes its position and fully reinstates its relationship with @NRA. Corporations cannot attack conservatives and expect us not to fight back.

That isn't what you said. You said they offered Delta to keep the tax break if Delta would change their policy on the NRA.

That isn't what this says. This says he will kill any future tax break.

You know they offer remedial reading for government school graduates who didn't learn to read the first time.

No wait, let me guess your retort:

No kaz, YOU can't read ....

LMAO

That isn't what you said. You said they offered Delta to keep the tax break if Delta would change their policy on the NRA.

You know they offer remedial reading for government school graduates who didn't learn to read the first time.

LMAO

jsop_tungsten_spinning_top.gif

LOL. Try reading my post again. I didn't say you said that. I simply asked you for your opinion on the matter. Do you think states should be allowed to punish taxpayers for their political views?

"And you can't bring yourself to simply say "no". Why not?

No, you didn't ask it as a question, it was a statement.

What about I'm against all special tax breaks all the time is confusing you? What beyond that are you looking for?

I support tax breaks. I don't support any "special tax breaks," that is is government picking market winners.

If you still don't understand, I can't help you

LMAO

jsop_tungsten_spinning_top.gif

Now I'm just laughing at you. You really don't understand the difference, do you?

I await your witty retort, no kaz, you don't understand ...

What about I'm against all special tax breaks all the time is confusing you? What beyond that are you looking for?

I support tax breaks. "Special" tax breaks is government picking market winners.

Let me rephrase it for you: Do you think states should be allowed to punish taxpayers for their political views?

(Hint: the answer you're looking for is "no". Why is that so hard for you to type? It's only two letters.)

I support tax breaks. "Special" tax breaks is government picking market winners.

Let me rephrase it for you: Do you think states should be allowed to punish taxpayers for their political views?

(Hint: the answer you're looking for is "no". Why is that so hard for you to type? It's only two letters.)

Can't help ya, guy. I have so clearly answered that several times over.

And you said no one was insulting me for being against all special tax breaks, I showed you a quote, silence.

Then you type this specific instruction to capitulate to your will and do exactly as you told me to do.

There is nowhere in this or any other tread to warrant the question

Forum List

Back