Georgia Repeals Civil War-Era Citizen’s Arrest Law Initially Used to Justify Letting Ahmaud Arbery’s Killers Off the Hook

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
This is good news. Hopefully what happened to Mr. Arbery will not happen again.

Hopefully. I hope nobody is stupid enough to charge at a guy holding a gun, while said gun holder's father (with a gun) watches.

Pretty stupid. Darwin awards and shit.

The Civil War law even if applied still doesn’t help these guys.

Yes, good news. It's useful to point out three men accused of murdering Arbery have all been arrested
and will stand trial regardless of any "initially" aplied Civil War era laws.
No one is getting "off the hook" though if the George Floyd trial is any indicator if anyone
gets a raw deal it will be the accused.

We can only hope Biden, Waters, the BLM and media figures let justice run it's course.

Last edited:

Hey Dana,

I REALLY like the site's new feature that shows you if someone else has already posted a news story. Glad to see it here irrespective of who posted it :)

The link isn't based on a supreme court decision. It's an opinion of someone named Jerry Lamb who is apparently in the business of inflaming racial tensions.

It won't help this case.

And, this law will end up hurting more Black Americans.

Leftist frickin' logic 101.

Leftist ALWAYS end up hurting more the very people they claim to champion.

There is a reason Leftism is considered a mental disorder.

Glad to see the GOP Gov undoing one of the dems horrible laws
h is
Good comment. Originally a Dem law 150 years ago that the GOP has defended forever. Good on Kemp.
nah the dems have had GA forever! until recently. there have only been 3 GoP Govs since 1871 in GA...5 in it’s entirety
And they and the GOP loved the law. I am glad to see that the GOP lege pulled its collective head out of its collective butt to do the right thing.

I know you support this, and I am proud of you.

h is
Good comment. Originally a Dem law 150 years ago that the GOP has defended forever. Good on Kemp.
nah the dems have had GA forever! until recently. there have only been 3 GoP Govs since 1871 in GA...5 in it’s entirety
And they and the GOP loved the law. I am glad to see that the GOP lege pulled its collective head out of its collective butt to do the right thing.

the GoP wasn’t in power to do anything. Now they are and are undoing the racist dems legacy

h is

the GoP wasn’t in power to do anything. Now they are and are undoing the racist dems legacy
Sure, it was, bunky, since the GA lege has been controlled by GOP since before the turn of this century.

h is

Sure, it was, bunky, since the GA lege has been controlled by GOP since before the turn of this century.
and it’s been fixed...200 years of racist dems laws are hard to all fix in just a couple years

This coming from a dumbass Leftist who supports a party with more than a century of supression of Black Americans ...

How fuckin' rich !!!

There is a very real reason why Leftism is considered a mental disorder.

h is

and it’s been fixed...200 years of racist dems laws are hard to all fix in just a couple years
... especially when you don't want to. Good for GA to get its act together and put its dem/gop racist past on this issue away.

This coming from a dumbass Leftist who supports a party with more than a century of supression of Black Americans ...

How fuckin' rich !!!

There is a very real reason why Leftism is considered a mental disorder.
You, bunky, can live 60 years ago and beyond all you want.

The reason real America of the responsible right to responsible left through out the Trumplicans is that you are a poison in the American Republic.

Hopefully. I hope nobody is stupid enough to charge at a guy holding a gun, while said gun holder's father (with a gun) watches.

Pretty stupid. Darwin awards and shit.

Or you are convinced they will shoot you regardless of what you do. So you at least make an effort.

You, bunky, can live 60 years ago and beyond all you want.

The reason real America of the responsible right to responsible left through out the Trumplicans is that you are a poison in the American Republic.
You are brainwashed.

And, ALL normal thinking Americans know it.

There is nothing "new" about your sick Communist ideology.

And, there is nothing "new" about Useful Idiots such as yourself who support it.

There is more than a century of evidence to prove that very fact.

But, you keep patting yourself on the ass and telling all your dumbass friends how nuanced you are.

YOU are the problem !!!!

Forum List

Back