Georgia among several RED states raising gas taxes

While I do not care for tax increases sometimes the devil is in details. Quoting the Atlantic a know far left blog site does help your rant!

Starting Wednesday, Georgia's 7.5 cent excise tax and 4 percent sales tax will be replaced with a flat 26 cent excise tax. It should mean an increase of about 6 or 7 cents per gallon, on average. "Because this is an excise tax, it's paid at the wholesale level so it will largely depend on how it's passed on to the consumer," adds Dale.

The money will also be collected through a new $5-dollar per night hotel fee, new fees for heavy trucks and a $200 dollar annual fee for electric vehicles, which were once given tax credits.

More at: Georgia s new gas tax takes effect Wednesday - Atlanta News Weather Traffic and Sports FOX 5

Want to increase taxes like the website says get money from the corporation that bought his junk yard and raise taxes on the rich not the poor. Hell my local newspaper had story bout a family staying in a long term hotel because he had JUST found work and now having to pay 35$ extra a week for the hotel room....republicans hatred of the poor shines through here in Georgia.

Now is the time to peg state gas taxes to a nickel higher and to the inflation index.

Want to increase taxes like the website says get money from the corporation that bought his junk yard and raise taxes on the rich not the poor. Hell my local newspaper had story bout a family staying in a long term hotel because he had JUST found work and now having to pay 35$ extra a week for the hotel room....republicans hatred of the poor shines through here in Georgia.

That almost sounds like a far left rant!

Get the rich to pay their fair share..

The goal of the new flat tax is to raise a billion dollars for transportation improvements in the state.

Electric car owners will also have to pay an annual $200 fee for personal vehicles. That fee goes up to $300 for commercial vehicles.

More at: Wednesday marks beginning of new Ga. gas tax

That is two local Atlanta stations that contradict your op-ed pieces..

The Georgia General Assembly has approved legislation to increase the state’s gas tax to 26 cents per gallon starting July 1, according to the report. The measure would replace an existing 19-cents-per-gallon sales tax with a fuel levy that would be dedicated solely to transportation projects.

more at: Georgia hikes gas tax TheHill

The goal of the new flat tax is to raise a billion dollars for transportation improvements in the state.

Electric car owners will also have to pay an annual $200 fee for personal vehicles. That fee goes up to $300 for commercial vehicles.

The Georgia General Assembly has approved legislation to increase the state’s gas tax to 26 cents per gallon starting July 1, according to the report. The measure would replace an existing 19-cents-per-gallon sales tax with a fuel levy that would be dedicated solely to transportation projects.

With the tax the way it is now it raises taxes on the poor and middle class...so why not have the rich pay the fair share.

With the tax the way it is now it raises taxes on the poor and middle class...so why not have the rich pay the fair share.

They do pay their fair share by buying gas guzzling vehicles in order to show off their status.

The same goes for anyone buying a non fuel efficient vehicle.

And since when has anyone on the far left cared about the poor with biggest tax being passed in 2010, that will keep the poor in the poor house..

They do pay their fair share by buying gas guzzling vehicles in order to show off their status.

And since when has anyone on the far left cared about the poor with biggest tax being passed in 2010, that will keep the poor in the poor house..
I OWNED a suburban and will get another one next year doesn't mean we should pay higher taxes for our vehicles...wife has a mini van that for some reason gets worse gas mileage than my suburban did. There were plenty of other ways to raise this money including raising it on the rich. These taxes hit the poor right in the pocket and shows again that the republican party are nothing more than the rich folks politicians.

I OWNED a suburban and will get another one next year doesn't mean we should pay higher taxes for our vehicles...wife has a mini van that for some reason gets worse gas mileage than my suburban did. There were plenty of other ways to raise this money including raising it on the rich. These taxes hit the poor right in the pocket and shows again that the republican party are nothing more than the rich folks politicians.

Must be a real bummer going through life hating yourself so much. If you don't like your position in life make a decision to change it, your decisions got you there in the first place, deal with it.

Oh well that is life. If you think the politicians give a damn about you think again. Especially the far left politicians they could care less about the people who are subjected, as long they are political salves then that is what the far left cares about.

So either you vote far left in the next election or deal with things the way they are..

IF I vot

Oh well that is life. If you think the politicians give a damn about you think again. Especially the far left politicians they could care less about the people who are subjected, as long they are political salves then that is what the far left cares about.

So either you vote far left in the next election or deal with things the way they are..
IF I vote it will be for Sanders....I have sworn off voting since I don't believe in democracy etc and personally find voting pointless because its not who votes its who counts the votes that chooses the winners.

IF I vot

IF I vote it will be for Sanders....I have sworn off voting since I don't believe in democracy etc and personally find voting pointless because its not who votes its who counts the votes that chooses the winners.

So you see you can only vote for worse than what you have now..

IF I vot

The Founders didn't believe in democracy either, it's why you live in a republic...

IF I vot

The Founders didn't believe in democracy either, it's why you live in a republic...
Keep telling yourself that. About as correct on that as you are about the first amendment :)

want to talk about hatred of the poor?
look at Martin OweMalley and what he did to maryland. 80 tax increases, gas tax, raised the tolls by 300%, rain tax, sales tax, liquor tax, license fees registration and tag fees name it, nothing went without an increase, and when there was nothing to increase, he created things.
GOP in Georgia has nothing on the Democrats in Maryland. And OweMalley wants to be president??? LOL

Reagan passed a gas guzzler tax...

IF I vot

Keep telling yourself that. About as correct on that as you are about the first amendment :)
I am entirely correct. There are very few things they hated more than democracy...

New Topics

Forum List

Back