Genetic literacy

AllieBaba

Rookie
Oct 2, 2007
It is not inheritable spelling skills.
It is not inheritable knowledge.
It is not connected to race.

GENETIC LITERACY refers to the knowledge people have about GENETICS.

I cannot believe there are people on this board who are stupid enough to think that literacy can be inherited.

Wait, yes I can. It makes perfect sense that the same people who think that literacy is inherited would also think that genetic literacy refers to inherited knowledge.

And the final irony....the fact that most of the people who are reading this STILL don't get it is evidence of TRUE illiteracy, i.e., the inability to make sense of what you're reading and a lack of education and ability. It's classic.

• Banned
The exception, of course, is MM...who is so supremely stupid that not only is she embarassingly ignorant, she broadcasts her desire to remain so, and simply ignores that which doesn't jibe with her "world view".

Also classic. Classic racism, classic ignorance, classic arrogance. The quintessential liberal.

What is your fucking deal, Allie?
I told you I didn't look at the link.

You are on a liberal hatefest, all the while claiming liberals are the ones being hateful and racist.
And someone who started a thread on something she knew nothing about, should really not talk.

I cannot believe there are people on this board who are stupid enough to think that literacy can be inherited.

Wait, yes I can. It makes perfect sense that the same people who think that literacy is inherited would also think that genetic literacy refers to inherited knowledge.

And the final irony....the fact that most of the people who are reading this STILL don't get it is evidence of TRUE illiteracy, i.e., the inability to make sense of what you're reading and a lack of education and ability. It's classic.

I also agreed with you, which you know from my neg rep.
But keep putting words into people's mouths, you are good at that.

• Banned
Well Luissa, much as I like you, I wasn't talking to you specifically.

Though if you want to think so, that's okay too.

• Banned

I also agreed with you, which you know from my neg rep.
But keep putting words into people's mouths, you are good at that.
You neg repped me, and I was supposed to take that as agreement?

How apropos.

cat-fight-032609L.jpg

:popcorn:

Genetic literacy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the ability to BECOME literate is inherited, culture influences the value of literacy, but often it is the tendency of the individual that is the deciding factor in how fluent in language they become. not everyone likes to read, smart or not, but the smart reader gets a whole lot more out of reading.

I don't think the "ability to read" is a discreet genetic trait that some people either get or don't. However, "book smarts" is. Some people have photographic memories their whole life, they didn't develop them. They were born with them.

Over the lung run, though, education is the result of hard work. Some just have to work harder than others. Like me.

If we are going to talk about genetics, and just genetics and not idiotic politics that people try to associate with genetics, I am in. I think genetics are fascinating.

In fact, I'll through out a topic of what I think the most fascinating (and sad) genetic disease is: Huntingon's Disease. Triplet Repeat and anticipation.

Go.

Last edited:
I don't think the "ability to read" is a discreet genetic trait that some people either get or don't.

Dyslexia is a better choice to discuss if were are interested in reading and its genetic/physical roots

Yes. That would be an intelligent thing to discuss.

However, "inhereited illiteracy" is an ignorant faux pas made by an ignorant ass who talks miles ahead of where her brain is.

And she still doesn't get how idiotic she looks. She's blundering on, backing up her ridiculous claim that black people inherit ILLITERACY with equally idiotic claims that make even less sense.

I read MM's post and I think you are mistaken, purposefully or not, in your understanding of what she/he said.

She said black illiteracy was genetic.
I don't think there's any way to misinterpret that.
Especially since she went on to elaborate on it, and continued to say the same thing, over and over, in different ways.

Also classic. Classic racism, classic ignorance, classic arrogance. The quintessential liberal.

Didn't liberals march in the civil rights marches while the conservatives cheered the police who beat them?

You were talking about illiteracy and ignorance?

I read MM's post and I think you are mistaken, purposefully or not, in your understanding of what she/he said.

Of course she did. AB is referring back to where I made the original statement in another thread posted mid-week, last week, and then decided to bully me into some sort of debate, by starting whole new threads, all because of her misinterpretation of my use of the phrase "genetic literacy," which of course can mean TWO things, depending on the context.

☭proletarian☭;2194763 said:

Didn't liberals march in the civil rights marches while the conservatives cheered the police who beat them?

You were talking about illiteracy and ignorance?

Huh? If there was some subtle satire there, I missed it.

Of course she did. AB is referring back to where I made the original statement in another thread posted mid-week, last week, and then decided to bully me into some sort of debate, by starting whole new threads, all because of her misinterpretation of my use of the phrase "genetic literacy," which of course can mean TWO things, depending on the context.

Actually, Mags, you don't know what the hell I'm talking about because..ahem...you have me on ignore.

So all your explanations are pure conjecture.

:lol:

It's probably the same people who don't believe that evolution is a fact.

Forum List

Back