Genetic bottleneck and Noah's ark

I.E., magic. You can stop right there. Once you have introduced magic, you are done. There is nothing else for you to argue or say.
ELon Musk.and Robert Heinlein disagree with you. They argue there is no magic, just advanced technology.

1638298748435.jpeg

1638298330382.jpeg

ELon Musk.and Robert Heinlein disagree with you. They argue there is no magic, just advanced technology.

View attachment 570083

View attachment 570085
That doesn't disagree with anything I say or think. Not sure why you think it does.

But it is still "magical thinking" to arbitrarily invent fantasies of advanced technology to support hypotheses that seem absurd. That's what matters.

Like, putting the animals on the ark. Obviously an absurd idea. But to say, "Could have just been advanced technology" is still magical thinking. Just rebranded.

Noah had several hundred years as a master woodworker and plenty of money(used to be called gold/silver)

The largest wooden vessel known to have ever existed was the Wyoming. And it was built in the industrial age with the full benefit of metallurgy, and the knowledge of iron, and steel. Even it foundered, and was lost. No possible way some bronze age, alcoholic could have accomplished besting such a feat as the Wyoming. As for size? There's no way this boat could have carried what the Ark is claimed to have. And this thing dwarfs any wooden boat ever built.

That doesn't disagree with anything I say or think. Not sure why you think it does.

But it is still "magical thinking" to arbitrarily invent fantasies of advanced technology to support hypotheses that seem absurd. That's what matters.

Like, putting the animals on the ark. Obviously an absurd idea. But to say, "Could have just been advanced technology" is still magical thinking. Just rebranded.
For years people who thought UFO’s were real were ridiculed. Now our government admits there have been sightings they have no explanation for. Few people say magic propels the UFOs or UAPs. Some do suggest these objects might be using anti-gravity propulsion.

You would likely say anti-gravity propulsion is an absurd idea. Fortunately other people have more imagination than you.

Now obviously Noah’s Ark presents an engineering challenge. How to put that many animals on a vessel that size with enough food and water to last for 6 months. Does this prove the biblical story is just a myth.

Not necessarily. Simple solution is to put the animals asleep in suspended animation or hibernation. That would require advanced technology even by our standards but is not totally impossible. Space aliens might have this technology as would an all powerful God.

Is this what happened? We will never know until we develop a time machine and visit that time.

You will argue that time travel in absurd and impossible. I will counter it is just an engineering problem that will be solved when we develop the necessary science.

In fact UFOs or UAPs may just be time travelers from the future.

For years people who thought UFO’s were real were ridiculed.
UfOs are real. Remember what rhe U in UFO stands for?

You mean, the people who insisted they had identified the unidentified objects. And they are still ridiculed. As they deserve.

UfOs are real. Remember what rhe U in UFO stands for?

You mean, the people who insisted they had identified the unidentified objects. And they are still ridiculed. As they deserve.
Yes, our government says that while they can’t identify some aerial phenomena they do exist.

Now if such things exist it is quite possible that some people may have had closer contact than others. It makes sense to question them and be skeptical. Unless it is obvious they are making up the story I see no reason to ridicule them. I try to avoid ridiculing people. You seem to differ.

I have never seen a UFO or UAP. Some people I have known well for 20 years have and while I am not certain they witnessed space aliens, I am sure they witnessed something very odd. I don’t know anyone who has had an encounter with the often seen little gray men.

Yes, our government says that while they can’t identify some aerial phenomena they do exist.
Um, everyone person on the planet says that.
It makes sense to question them and be skeptical.
Absolutely! Skepticism is examination of the evidence, before adopting belief or making a determination. Here is all of the evidence UAPs are related to aliens, in one, comprehensive list:

Um, everyone person on the planet says that.

Absolutely! Skepticism is examination of the evidence, before adopting belief or making a determination. Here is all of the evidence UAPs are related to aliens, in one, comprehensive list:

We basically agree for a change.

Reposting a few basics based on Genesis 6:14-16: the ark was c. 450' long, 45 feet high and 75 feet wide with 18' high windows for light on the top of the side walls. Thus there would be 450 x 2 + 75x 2 = 1050 feet in length. Subtract 50 feet for the 4 corner windows with branches of 4 trees protruding out some of the windows. Likely the exact corner windows had 2 3' window boxes in each corner for plants prefering more sunlight, and the trees would have a base of about 5' deep 25' x 25' boxes on the floor of the middle level for the roots of these 4 trees, sloped down at first, then filled with compost and eventually sloping up.

These 4 trees could be planted before the ark was completed, and would be timed for fruits ready for harvest within a week of the start of the flood. Those 4 roof sections would be the last constructed so the trees had plenty of sunlight until just before the flood. The window boxes could be planted outside the ark and brought inside right before the flood.

How many window boxes? Assuming slightly over 999' length the 3' long (2' deep = 6 sq.') there would be 333 window boxes at 6 sq' each = 2,000 square feet or the equivalent of two 20' by 50' gardens. Intensively gardened and hand harvested this would produce more food than Noah and his family could eat - so likely it was shared with animals. Also many of the boxes would have flowers with an emphasis on flowers that honeybees like - since we want the ark to be flowing with milk and honey!

Another common food on the ark was probably cream of mushroom soup since mushrooms can grow in total shade. I suspect 5 cows and 2 bulls (I think the bulls would prefer 1 bull and 6 cows) - how much milk will 5 cows produce? That;s for another post!

But what types of flowers might Noah have grown for fragrance and honeybees? That is for my last post for tonight - as I intend to dream of flowers (counting flowers rather than sheep):
I think the ark only had one window.

The largest wooden vessel known to have ever existed was the Wyoming. And it was built in the industrial age with the full benefit of metallurgy, and the knowledge of iron, and steel. Even it foundered, and was lost. No possible way some bronze age, alcoholic could have accomplished besting such a feat as the Wyoming. As for size? There's no way this boat could have carried what the Ark is claimed to have. And this thing dwarfs any wooden boat ever built.
Just elephants, their feeding, drinking, and dung.

Many sites: ""Adult elephants require an enormous amount of food. Elephants may spend 12-18 hours a day feeding. Adult elephants can eat between 200-600 pounds of food a day. As herbivores, elephants consume grasses, tree foliage, bark, twigs, and other vegetation daily. Elephants can also drink up to 50 gallons of water a day about as much as a standard bathtub holds.""
(Someone mentioned planter boxes under tiny windows with it cloudy and raining for 40 days: LOL. )

So two elephants a day Alone need app 800 lbs x 40 days or 32,000 lbs of food.

and 100 gallons of water x 40 = 4000 gallons = another 32,000 lbs.

Thy poop 8-12 times day each producing 300lbs of Dung x2= 600lbs x 40 days = 24,000 lbs.

That confined would pile up very quickly without a giant amount of dedicated/Not stall or 'just fit' space.
Probably needing app 1 of the arks 3 floors just for them. (app 450x75)

Not to mention Dinosaurs, Rhinos, Giraffes, horse (kinds), Large antelope, Hippos, Gorillas: (meat for) LIONS, Crocodiles, etc, etc.
IOW, you'd probably need at least 1,000,000 lbs++? of food (and water)
for all the animals of any size.
And daily feeding/scooping of tons of dung.
A crew of scores of people.

`

Last edited:

Forum List

Back