General Robert E. Lee should be a Role Model for American Youth

Why should we emulate losers who stood for the enslavement of people as chattel?

Sorry, but your notions of teaching is not what children want to learn, much less remember..That shit is over and done with the new generations..
It really don't mean shit at this point.

Lee lost.

That is how he should be remembered.

Sorry, but your notions of teaching is not what children want to learn, much less remember..That shit is over and done with the new generations..

Lee lost.

I'm sure that for Steve McGarrett the bigger loss was the end of slavery. General Lee had many great qualities that I think children should emulate, but when a racist like McGarrett starts promoting it, the idea becomes very sour indeed.

Lee lost.

I'm sure that for Steve McGarrett the bigger loss was the end of slavery.
It sure was, especially granting the 3/5ths sub-humans citizenship.
Those sub-humans would do what a lazy southerner wouldn't...

Lee lost.

I hated hearing about it...it finally stopped in the later 1990's around here...

To some, the War of Northern Aggression is still being fought today.

:rolleyes:

Lee lost.

You're less than 1/5 human.

If we allowed children to learn only what they want to learn, they would all be illiterate video game experts.

Last edited:
If we must look to the Civil War for role models then one of the best for American kids would be Joshua Chamberlain.
I would say Nathan Bedford Forrest would be another role model.
nathan-bedford-forrest1.jpg

The American civil war has nothing about it to suggest a role model to any modern American. All the rich people decided to have a war for control and it just about destroyed us as a nation. From what I have read about Lee he was a fairly honorable man for his time but the future does not need men such as he to set an example. There are much more modern heroes who did not need to kill fellow Americans in their various quests for liberty and justice for all.

Lee lost.

You're less than 1/5 human.

Not even that. McGarrett is a rightwing robot that has been pre-programmed to post shit like this for the next few months. As news cycles change he will be re-programmed to post more bullshit. It's amazing what computers can do now.

Forum List

Back