across the pond
I think Canadian. stopped for a visit here this moning

dotp4z.jpg

fedtt5.jpg

3149dw5.jpg

j0fipx.jpg

bg4cgw.jpg

4q5qus.jpg

Great pics!! Have you seen those pics from people with swimming pools and geese take a break from going wherever they go and hang out IN the pool?

Great pics!! Have you seen those pics from people with swimming pools and geese take a break from going wherever they go and hang out IN the pool?

no not yet. I went outside and tried to move closer for better pics. but they turned towards me, flapped their wings and gaggled. the sound seemed to be a warning to back off. so i did. real slow. I was told they will bite. most around here are in ponds or lakes.

if you have the pool invasions please post...........

Geese can be the nastiest creatures in the world and will readily attack humans.

I know a lot of farmers who use geese to warn against trespassers.

Canadian Geese!

They are filthy, disgusting, Doity Boids.

Geese can be the nastiest creatures in the world and will readily attack humans.

I know a lot of farmers who use geese to warn against trespassers.

You've got that right!! I've seen geese real up close and personal, but I was lucky that they didn't get too close. We're at a stopover place during migration.

I approached a goose which was blocking the sidewalk, made it back off, and thought I had "won" as I passed. And then the goose ran up behind me and pecked me on the butt. That is, I was goosed by a goose.

At least it was educational. Before that, I hadn't realized the origins of the term "goosed".

Oh, stay well clear of them if they've got babies. That's when they get really mean. No babies, they'll usually back off.

Last edited:
Lake Tahoe has a couple of very nice golf courses. They are also on the migratory route for Canadian Geese who regularly wander anywhere they want on the golf course.

I play there once and thought I'd lost my ball. Finally found it when the Damned Canadian got up and walked away.

guess i was lucky it didn't turn into a mass attack

They have spurs on their feet as well. They are an aggressive bird if bothered. I used to have Embden and Chinese geese. They were quite a treat to raise from hatchlings. They are very loyal birds, and if you don't have a dog, they serve quite well to alert you as to intruders and will defend the farm. I had one that killed an Opossum, trying to get its eggs. Goose eggs are very big and make a tasty treat.

That is FREAKING HILARIOUS!

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

I love the gooses. All of them. I have honkers that fly over my house regularly for a large part of the year...in the fall they're my alarm clock. They are amazing.

And they're meaner than shit! We had a canada goose from an egg that my dad brought home when its nest was flooded...I had a little kids' broom that we kept by the front door, because Weeper could open the front door, and when he did, he'd chase my little brother, who was in diapers. So my job when Weeper opened the door was to chase him out with the broom....or when he chased my brother, to chase him with the broom.

Sadly, he came to a bad end when he flew into a low hanging power line. :(

Also one of my best friends in high school lived in a house, which was surrounded by a fence, and inside the yard they had a mated pair of the great big gray geese with the roman noses...the gander freaking hated me and would run me down and grab me whenever he could, the bastid.

Geese can drown people in the water. Don't mess with them.

Forum List

Back