GDP growth rate has jumped over 7% under Obama - still not good enough for haters.

We will have 5% growth 1st quarter of '13 without Romney doing much beyond executive orders waiving Obamacare until it can be completely shitcanned.

FACT-

The annualized real GDP growth rate in the first quarter of 2009 was -5.3%

FACT-

The annualized real GDP growth rate in third quarter of 2012 was +2.0%.

FACT-

The difference under Obama is %7.3.

Hey, dipshit, if something drops 5.3% and then rises 2 percent, that is not a 7.3 percent increase!

Start from 100 and subtract 5.3, you get 94.7. Then add 2 percent of 94.7, you get 96.63.

It means our GDP has not yet returned to the level from which it fell.

Jesus, you aren't REALLY this retarded, are you?

Here. Let me explain in pictures. That should be your speed: http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-states/gdp-per-capita

As you can see, not only has Obama failed to get our GDP back to where it was, the rate of growth has been slowing for three years.

Last edited:
Thanks for the world depression, the stupidest, longest wars ever, and 3 1/2 years of mindless obstruction, a-hole Pubs and dupes. This isn't like Raygun's recovery- the rest of the world is worse off than us.

O-care has ALREADY brought down costs, will do more for the worst thing for our global competitiveness, and will be the most popular reform EVER. What we need is DEMAND for services and product, which voodoo has ruined...

Jeebus dupes are clueless.

"O-care has ALREADY brought down costs".

BWA-HA-HA-HA!

Not even Obama makes that ridiculous claim!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/aroy/20...-insurance-premiums-by-30-says-obama-adviser/

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politic...h-costs-undermine-obama-pledge-to-curb-trend/

Two new independent studies of health insurance premiums and health care spending indicate both are rising at an accelerated pace, despite President Obama’s 2008 promise to contain those costs and his pledge that his health care legislation would reduce premiums.

Last edited:
Thanks for the world depression, the stupidest, longest wars ever, and 3 1/2 years of mindless obstruction, a-hole Pubs and dupes. This isn't like Raygun's recovery- the rest of the world is worse off than us.

O-care has ALREADY brought down costs, will do more for the worst thing for our global competitiveness, and will be the most popular reform EVER. What we need is DEMAND for services and product, which voodoo has ruined...

BOY speaking of dupes:lol:

I'm still laughing my ass off at ObaMath.

1 - 5.3 + 2 = 7.3

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The New York Times Business Day 10/30/12
Barack Obama, 1.2% annual G.D.P.

http://www.valuewalk.com/2012/10/gdp-growth-by-president-how-does-barack-obama-compare/
Starting in the 1970s, during the Richard Nixon administration, GDP per capita grew by about $2,800, a generally moderate figure in comparison to recent growth figures under other presidents.

The Richard Nixon administration’s $2,800 wasn’t good enough for the American public to continue with the Republican Party, instead opting for Jimmy Carter, who, under his presidency, saw GDP per capita grow by a little more than $2,200 per person.

An average growth of about $550 per person per year wasn’t good enough for the American voter, instead opting for another switch, this time to Ronald Reagan. Under Ronald Reagan’s watch, businesses expanded operations by enough to boost GDP per capita by about $5,400 per capita, about a 25% improvement over the Jimmy Carter experience.

The business expansions of the Reagan years were enough to induce American voters to continue with the Republican Party, electing the elder Bush in 1988. From an economic point of view, it didn’t turn out so well, with GDP per capita growing by a mere $900 per person over his entire four years, or about $225 per year.

The $225 per year failed to get the American public to reelect the George Bush I, instead opting for Bill Clinton. Under Bill Clinton’s watch, GDP per person expanded by about $7,500 per person. The growth of business under Bill Clinton’s watch stagnated at the end of his eighth year, which contributed to the American public opting to switch back to the Republican Party, electing the younger Bush in 2000.

Business expansion under the Bush II years was quite good through the first seven years of his presidency in comparison to all other recent presidents with the exception of Reagan and Clinton. The Republican nightmare came in the form of the housing market collapse.

Following the housing induced recession of 2008, voters opted for a switch to the Democratic Party, electing Barack Obama as the 56th U.S. president. So far, business expansion under Barack Obama’s watch has been poor, expanding by about $1,600 over the past four years. The average of about $400 per person through the first four years of a presidency is second worst in recent history, ahead of only Bush I’s first four years.

In all, if the election is decided by GDP per person, the most common international measure for standard of living, Obama is out.

Last edited:
O-care has ALREADY brought down costs

OMG you are out of your ever loving mind bud, Not even Obama or anyone for that matter on the left is stupid enough to try and make that claim.

I wish Obama would go on National TV and say that. He would unsure his Defeat. Every American out there has seen their Insurance Rates go up significantly, the Cost of Care has not gone down it has gone up significantly.

Oh please let Obama start claiming this at every speech.

And I didn't even mention how you just claimed the problem is lack of Demand for Medical good and Services, while were having a Doctor Shortage. lol

Last edited:
The dupes who believe the Pub Propaganda Machine are getting pure fantasy. Libya is oyutrageous twaddle, same with O-care coverage. Ckange the channel, chumps.

"Moreover, under Obamacare, the only significant jump in federal spending on health comes in the form of Medicaid spending. theAffordable Care Act expands the program to cover the millions of adults who, in most states, don’t qualify for Medicaid, no matter how poor they are, simply because they don’t have children. Beginning in 2014, they will have access to free preventive care that, in the long run, is likely to make them healthier, reducing the long-term cost of their care.

As for retirees “flooding” into Medicare, as I have explained in the past, we really don’t have to worry about a wave of greedy geezers suddenly clamoring for more care than we can afford. The boomers will not grow old all at once;; they will age, just as they were born—over a period of many years. (Hat-tip to Princeton economist Uwe Reinhardt)

Though, as Reinhardt pointed out to the audience at a “World Health Care Conference” that I attended in Berlin in 2008: “If you want to be a popular speaker you need to feed the paranoia of your audience . . . A speaker who wants to grab his
audience’s attention may well scale a chart so that the demographic change looks like a tsunami that could wipe us out.” The truth is much less sensational. (Nevertheless, the myth that the Pepsi Generation is about to overwhelm Medicare is useful to Republicans who want to pretend that we must turn it into a voucher program.)

Medicare Spending and Overall National Healthcare Spending—Both Are Slowing
Earlier this week, former Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Director Peter Orszag laid out the facts about trends in healthcare spending in a Bloomberg column headlined: “Slower Growth in Health Costs Saves U.S. Billions.”

“The U.S. continues to experience a very marked slowdown in the growth of health-care costs,” Orszag writes, “despite some widely misinterpreted new reports. And a growing body of evidence suggests the deceleration is driven by more than a temporarily weak economy — which is good news for the federal budget and for workers.”

Both Orszag and I have been writing about the slow-down in Medicare spending since August of 2011. Now Orsag points out that total “National health expenditures rose just 3.8 percent from August 2011 to August 2012, according to an Oct. 11 report from the Altarum Institute.”

Moreover since health reform legislation passed in 2010 year-over-year growth in medical spending has been sliding. (For example, in August 2012, spending grew by signfiicantly less than 4%–down from more than 4% in August 2011. )

Meanwhile, “ Medicare spending increased by only 3.2 percent in the fiscal year ending in September 2012, according to the Congressional Budget Office. . “These are remarkably low growth rates,” Orszag remarks. “Consider that over the past four decades Medicare spending increased by more than 10 percent a year.”

As I have argued in the past, health care bills are leveling off in part because providers are becoming more cost-conscious. They know that, when reform is fully implemented in 2014, we will be moving away from fee-for-service payment. This means that they will be rewarded for value—providing better care for less..Already, many are beginning to focus on squeezing the waste out of their systems.

“Nevertheless” Orszag observes, the fear-mongers continue to insist that health care reform is having no effect on health care outlays.

Truth Squad: Is

You're out of you ever loving mind boy. My insurance, which I pay alone, has almost doubled since obamacare was passed and the story is the same for everyone with the average rise being about $3,000.00. By 2014 more than 6,000,000 working middle class people will be paying the fine for not being able to afford obamacare and making too much money to qualify for the gubmint to pay for it, so they will not only not have insurance they will have whatever their refunds would have been cut by thousands with the fine, and THEY WILL STILL HAVE NO INSURANCE and STILL WON'T BE ABLE TO PAY FOR THEIR OWN INSURANCE. The working class will now be paying fines to cover the health insurance costs of the lazy, the drug addicted, the welfare queens and their 5 kids by 9 different baby's daddies not one of whom pays child support, the drunkards, the parolees that won't/can't work and every other non-working parasitic skell in this nation right after we pay for their free freaking phones. You think the workers in this nation are going to see their hard earned money taken from them and food taken from the mouths of their kids to pay for these types to get a free ride forever? Eventually the workers will realize they'd be better off spending their money on ammo and paying their bill in blood so that their kids and grandkids will have a shot a better future. You give people something for nothing liberal scumbags are leading this nation to another civil war and you're going to reap what you've sown.

Last edited:
That's scumbag insurance companies, doing what they done for years- doubled THEIR costs just under BOOOOSh. Screwing YOU before O-care gets them regulated.

In the late 1940's a corporate executive earned about 4-5 times what a carpenter earned. Now that multiplier is about 500 times what a working man earns. We've been fed a line of unworkable horse shit and the whole damn house of cards is coming down. Now while looking at bottom line profits and gains for a company entire operations have moved out of the country where day laborers go for about $5-$10 a day with no benefits. That's the rich man's scheme.....for America's working class to be about as well off as a Maylasian day laborer. The elite class cannot compete with hungry people on a level playing field so they make it difficult for them to get an education while watching their own attend the high dollar ivy league schools. I'm 78 years old and I've watched this rich man's game play out from as bad as it could get, to an honest middle class and now the end is coming. There is no real middle class any longer and when the money grubbing asshole's finish....life for most will be back the way it was in the 30's and 40's. The only thing which might preserve a dignified middle class with a decent life for their families is global unions. I'm and old man but if I were in my 20's I would try to kick off the organizing of the whole world into one enormous union which could make a decent wage, educate their family and retire with dignity. The rich don't give a damn about anybody except their own....they never have.
Being unsuccessful in you life does not change the free market value employees. No longer are people, laborers or otherwise, subjected to slavery, indentured servitude and are thus free agents in the truest sense of the term. Accordingly, you are no longer able to demand to be paid more for work that someone else would be willing to do for less.

Freedom sucks I suppose, but if you are being paid more for labor someone else is willing to do for less, the end result is that your product or service will be overpriced unless you can compensate with quality or quantity. Otherwise you will invariably become obsolete.

It is a new world, and all the idealism and populism in it is not going to change that. I am sorry about your lack of success, but I am sure your "executives" have experienced the same.

Then when are those who profit the most from systems and freedoms in this country which was paid for by the shedding of young blood going to start serving in their wars? The goddamned Republican party will put boots on the ground 10,000 miles away over some horse shit which is none of our business. We have troops in 170 countries and spend trillions when the next strongest military in the world spends less than half what we do. We are tyrants and military dictators to all the countries who are not our allies. This dumbassed shit has to stop. We have no business dictating to any sovereign nation and unless the rich can keep getting poor peons to go do their goddamned fighting we will come back home because we all know there's not a one of these elitist, wealthy Wall St. assholes who would or could do the fighting. Chickenhawks..............like George W. Bush and Mitt Romney.

You're out of you ever loving mind boy. My insurance, which I pay alone, has almost doubled since obamacare was passed and the story is the same for everyone with the average rise being about $3,000.00. By 2014 more than 6,000,000 working middle class people will be paying the fine for not being able to afford obamacare and making too much money to qualify for the gubmint to pay for it, so they will not only not have insurance they will have whatever their refunds would have been cut by thousands with the fine, and THEY WILL STILL HAVE NO INSURANCE and STILL WON'T BE ABLE TO PAY FOR THEIR OWN INSURANCE. The working class will now be paying fines to cover the health insurance costs of the lazy, the drug addicted, the welfare queens and their 5 kids by 9 different baby's daddies not one of whom pays child support, the drunkards, the parolees that won't/can't work and every other non-working parasitic skell in this nation right after we pay for their free freaking phones. You think the workers in this nation are going to see their hard earned money taken from them and food taken from the mouths of their kids to pay for these types to get a free ride forever? Eventually the workers will realize they'd be better off spending their money on ammo and paying their bill in blood so that their kids and grandkids will have a shot a better future. You give people something for nothing liberal scumbags are leading this nation to another civil war and you're going to reap what you've sown.

You DO know about huge gov't help up to $55k individuals, 87k family of 4? Remain calm. Those on welfare are NOT happy, only temporary unless disabled. Thanks for the Pub World Depression.

those $6 phones with 8 minutes a day don't cost anyone shytte, are great deal for the country.

Change the channel from the angry bs gloom and doom fcs...

Did you know Charro is one of the greatest classical flamenco guitarists?

O-care has ALREADY brought down costs

OMG you are out of your ever loving mind bud, Not even Obama or anyone for that matter on the left is stupid enough to try and make that claim.

I wish Obama would go on National TV and say that. He would unsure his Defeat. Every American out there has seen their Insurance Rates go up significantly, the Cost of Care has not gone down it has gone up significantly.

Oh please let Obama start claiming this at every speech.

And I didn't even mention how you just claimed the problem is lack of Demand for Medical good and Services, while were having a Doctor Shortage. lol

Of course I didn't- That's what our economy needs. DEMAND. But Voodoo economics has ruined the nonrich and the country.

If the USA is 30% richer than the EU, they must be includiny all the new members, Hungary, Rumania, Poland etc. We're behind all the original members, and after 30 years our nonrich are in horrible shape. See sig pp1. Pub dupes.

Our health cost rises are now 4%, not 15% as under Bush. Insurers ARE screwing people now before regulation, and to get you to vote for their corrupt cronies the Pubs. Masscare shows that the smaller rises are just the beginning.

Those China Jeep jobs reflect a China market that's bigger than here. And yet you're all for foreign factories sending the profits home and slowly bringing our salary levels down...

What Obama policies?- Pubs have obstructed EVERYTHING for three and a half years, and of course lie about it...The Jobs Act alone would have cut UE 1-2%, added 2% growth- CAN'T HAVE THAT!! A-HOLES!
Still we're doing better than anywhere else. Pubs want to go back to discredited trickle down and bigger deficits with no plan but rob the nonrich and the country again. Pub dupes!! " We're white, and we win!!" IDIOCY!

Someone had one to many hits on the bong before posting.

FACT-

The annualized real GDP growth rate in the first quarter of 2009 was -5.3%

FACT-

The annualized real GDP growth rate in third quarter of 2012 was +2.0%.

FACT-

The difference under Obama is %7.3.

What is your source...And be warned...I WILL fact check. So be careful.
Rule number one....Never bullshit a skeptical cynic.

Forum List

Back