Gay statists strike again...you will submit!!!!

if you hold yourself open to the public, then you are public.

So i guess the right of association is shot. I look forward to WBC people forcing gay florists to service their weddings and events, as religion is a protected class.

Can you just walk in, or do you need an invitation to attend?

A grocery store is a public accommodation, a hotel is a public accommodation, someone offering services on their property under contract, or their own services under contract is a public accommodation only in the minds of people who want to use government to gain forced acceptance.

Um, no.

Public accommodation laws apply to all businesses that are open to the public.

You need a reservation at restaurants and hotels, too. That doesn't make them "not public".

by your definition any business is a public one. The laws were intended to prevent discrimination in access to necessary services, not to force people to participate in social events like weddings against their will.

They were intended to prevent any and all discrimination - not just discrimination for "necessary services".

Um, no.

Public accommodation laws apply to all businesses that are open to the public.

You need a reservation at restaurants and hotels, too. That doesn't make them "not public".

Most take walk-ins if they have a room. and again, the whole concept was of necessary services, ones that do not require said owners to participate in acts with their customers. I have yet to see a business owner refuse to sell stock items to gay couples, what they don't want to do is participate in an event that is against their morals, OR be forced out of business.

You want acceptance via government fiat. It makes you the worst type of people out there.

by your definition any business is a public one. The laws were intended to prevent discrimination in access to necessary services, not to force people to participate in social events like weddings against their will.

And, no - not all businesses are "public". Only the ones that advertise their services to the public, like this one.

or gay people can man the fuck up and stop trying to get people to accept their lifestyle and just tolerate it.

none of these things are public accommodations. Public accommodation is when you walk into a store to buy something, or stay at a hotel, or get on a mode of transport. A small business that is contracted out on a per use basis is not publicly accommodating anything.

What truly galls me is that this wasn't an outright denial, but a condition and still these assholes sued these people because their FEEEWINGS were hurt.

Actually under the law they are Public Accommodations. When you rent your living room out for receptions and parties - he's a clue - you (as the business owner) have voluntarily chosen to make it part of the business.

>>>>

They were intended to prevent any and all discrimination - not just discrimination for "necessary services".

They have been adulterated to the point we are now. Just because you get a hard on making religious people acquiesce or be punished doesn't make it right.

Actually under the law they are Public Accommodations. When you rent your living room out for receptions and parties - he's a clue - you (as the business owner) have voluntarily chosen to make it part of the business.

>>>>

again, i guess the whole concept is "FUCK PEOPLES RIGHTS" if i disagree with them. Bunch of assholes, ALL OF YOU.

Most take walk-ins if they have a room. and again, the whole concept was of necessary services, ones that do not require said owners to participate in acts with their customers. I have yet to see a business owner refuse to sell stock items to gay couples, what they don't want to do is participate in an event that is against their morals, OR be forced out of business.

You want acceptance via government fiat. It makes you the worst type of people out there.

What are you basing your claims of what "the whole concept" of public accommodation laws are?

And you're welcome to whatever opinion of me you like - but from where I sit, the people who bitch and whine endlessly about how unfair and tyrannical it is to stop them from discriminating against gay people are a lot worse than I am.

And, no - not all businesses are "public". Only the ones that advertise their services to the public, like this one.

Nice way to weasel out of it. Even word of mouth can count as advertisement, so basically we are back to square one, yours and the others here slavish devotion to fucking people you don't like over via government fiat.

Either we have equal rights for all in this country or we should quit saying we do. Whether it's gays, blacks, women, or some religious group if you get turned away because of who you are, what you are, or how you worship you're gonna raise a stink about it. And rightly so.

Actually, IMHO, the government shouldn't be involved at all. Private businesses should be able to accept or deny customers based on whatever criteria they choose. Such customers would also have the right to spread the word through protests, online review sites, emails, etc. describing how they were treated. It should be up to the parties involved.

On the other hand I'm still able to discuss the reality of what the law says as opposed to what I believe the law should be. Some don't have that ability.

>>>>

What are you basing your claims of what "the whole concept" of public accommodation laws are?

And you're welcome to whatever opinion of me you like - but from where I sit, the people who bitch and whine endlessly about how unfair and tyrannical it is to stop them from discriminating against gay people are a lot worse than I am.

Nope you are worse because you let the government do your dirty work. These couples can easily go somewhere else, instead they get to fuck other people over, and you cheer them on.

Fascist.

Actually, IMHO, the government shouldn't be involved at all. Private businesses should be able to accept or deny customers based on whatever criteria they choose. Such customers would also have the right to spread the word through protests, online review sites, emails, etc. describing how they were treated. It should be up to the parties involved.

On the other hand I'm still able to discuss the reality of what the law says as opposed to what I believe the law should be. Some don't have that ability.

>>>>

I don;t disagree that the laws exists, what I state is they are wrong.

Nope you are worse because you let the government do your dirty work. These couples can easily go somewhere else, instead they get to fuck other people over, and you cheer them on.

Fascist.

They did go somewhere else.

Then they complained that they were discriminated against, as they should have.

Forum List

Back