Gasoline Is Becoming Worthless

Maybe your scenario comes true, would be fine with me, the only problem is that electric cars will outperform them and, ultimately, be cheaper, too. However, you can still use GPS technology to find gas stations for your cross country trips.

A). As a retired EE, you don't need to tell me about electrical efficiency. Meantime my very used gas car which I paid $4,000 cash for with DOHC hemi motor, power everything, sunroof, leather interior, AM/FM/Cassette/6 CD player, cruise, AC, traction control, no rust, spotless exterior/interior, spacious trunk, seats 5 people comfortably and more, launches from a stop to 60 mph in a few seconds, hits top highway speed in like 6 seconds, does 115 on the highway. What more "performance" do I need? :disbelief:

How much you want to bet that your car (I'm trying to guess which Dodge you have) can be beat in the 1/4 by an EV? They are much lighter, in fact, I would guess the Rivian pickup could beat you 0-60 (3 sec.) or perhaps a Tesla. Don't know.

The Hummer will have 700 HP.

B). I can go 300 miles no problem between fill ups, gas is cheap, and my annual upkeep is typically about $45, for my state inspection and emission test.

So can the Rivian R1T, and don't know the Tesla range, but this will continue to get better.

C). Just wait until it is time to replace your batteries (and heaven help you if they short out or blow up).

Most companies I think will follow NIO's lead, and allow trade ins on batteries, reducing the cost, or eliminating it altogether.

I will never own an electric car.

There ya go.

New research from Morgan Stanley argues that traditional internal combustion engines—the mainstay of automobiles for more than a century

GREAT NEWS! Then as time goes on, you won't be able to give gas cars away, or gas, no one will want them or use them and as market demand drops, prices for gas cars and gasoline will PLUMMET making gas cars CHEAP to buy and CHEAP to operate while the rest of you yutzes fork out bigly for electric battery cars!

And since so few gas cars will be on the road, they will no longer be any environment factor either! :eusa_dance:
Try finding gas, though.

How much you want to bet that your car (I'm trying to guess which Dodge you have) can be beat in the 1/4 by an EV? They are much lighter, in fact, I would guess the Rivian pickup could beat you 0-60 (3 sec.) or perhaps a Tesla. Don't know.

Dude, drive whatever the fuck you want. The road is not a race course. My days of hotrodding and souping up cars is over. If you are that fucking stupid that you want to pay $70,000 to $90,000 for a Rivian or Tesla just so you can get to 60 mph 3 seconds faster than me, KNOCK YOURSELF OUT. You'll be one of the assholes I pass wrecked in the ditch trying to show off and blow off other cars. I have all the features I mentioned, plus GPS ($100 Garmin Nuvi), and I've only got about $4,000 invested in it. Plus it goes great in the snow. :SMILEW~130:

And I've never owned a Dodge, jackhole.

Racing will be with hybrids up to 2030. Full electric is where the future is. And investments are pushing it. Out with the old and in with the new. Carbon neutral by 2050.

Dude, drive whatever the fuck you want. The road is not a race course. My days of hotrodding and souping up cars is over. If you are that fucking stupid that you want to pay $70,000 to $90,000 for a Rivian or Tesla just so you can get to 60 mph 3 seconds faster than me, KNOCK YOURSELF OUT. You'll be one of the assholes I pass wrecked in the ditch trying to show off and blow off other cars. I have all the features I mentioned, plus GPS ($100 Garmin Nuvi), and I've only got about $4,000 invested in it. Plus it goes great in the snow. :SMILEW~130:

And I've never owned a Dodge, jackhole.

Jesus you're touchy. Perhaps an enema might help?

Dude, drive whatever the fuck you want. The road is not a race course. My days of hotrodding and souping up cars is over. If you are that fucking stupid that you want to pay $70,000 to $90,000 for a Rivian or Tesla just so you can get to 60 mph 3 seconds faster than me, KNOCK YOURSELF OUT. You'll be one of the assholes I pass wrecked in the ditch trying to show off and blow off other cars. I have all the features I mentioned, plus GPS ($100 Garmin Nuvi), and I've only got about $4,000 invested in it. Plus it goes great in the snow. And I've never owned a Dodge, jackhole.
Jesus you're touchy. Perhaps an enema might help?

^^^^Liberal reply when proven wrong with no argument left to stand on. :smoke:

300 miles isn't much.

Name me an ample 5-seater car in the 300 HP range that goes much farther on one tank.

Oh and this business about electric cars being lighter? Less mass equals less protection around you in an impact. When your light carbon fiber and aluminum EV crashes into my well built steel gasoline car, guess which one will win? :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
That is the opinion of Wall St. investors, who think it could be a money loser by 2030.

New research from Morgan Stanley argues that traditional internal combustion engines—the mainstay of automobiles for more than a century—are destined to become money-losers as early as 2030. “We believe the market may be ascribing zero (or even negative?) value for ICE-derived revenues at GM and Ford,” auto analyst Adam Jonas wrote in a Jan. 29 analysis. He lists a variety of factors likely to “transform what were once profit-generating assets into potentially loss-making and cash-burning businesses.”

And more of the story I find interesting:

The investing firm recently surveyed institutional investors on the value of internal-combustion technology at GM and Ford. Seventeen percent said ICE technology had no value or negative value today. Sixty percent rated ICE technology as slightly positive, while 23% said it was a significantly positive value. That’s with electrification technology still in the early innings: total market share for fully electric vehicles is still less than 3%.

Risk in adapting too slowly
But essentially all of the growth in powertrain adoption in coming years will be electric, while ICE powertrains are certain to decline. The risk for automakers isn’t adapting too quickly and getting ahead of the market. It’s adapting too slowly and becoming overly reliant on dying technology consumers may no longer want as electrics get cheaper and range improves. That extends to factory capacity, with ICE assembly lines possibly becoming stranded assets with no market value. It would cost automakers money to disassemble or convert them to valuable use, thus the possibility of negative value

Suuuuure it is. That's why xidens gas prices are skyrocketing.

You really are a retard, aren't you.

Racing will be with hybrids up to 2030. Full electric is where the future is. And investments are pushing it. Out with the old and in with the new. Carbon neutral by 2050.

If electric cars are so great why is there not a single competitor in endurance racing?

300 miles isn't much.

Name me an ample 5-seater car in the 300 HP range that goes much farther on one tank.

Oh and this business about electric cars being lighter? Less mass equals less protection around you in an impact. When your light EV crashes into my well built steel gasoline car, guess which one will win? :eusa_whistle:
I'm just saying, you're going to be paying through the nose for gas when demand collapses and production follows.

Try finding gas, though.
At 300 miles per tank, I won't need to look very often.
300 miles isn't much.

I can go 450 on a tank. In fact, I recently drove from Reno to Phoenix. A Tesla was doing the same trip. He loved blowing by me at 90mph. I passed him at every charging station.

Finally we had dinner in Vegas and we didn't see him till we were leaving for the next stage to Kingman. He had to do a full charge because his rapid charges weren't enough.

He spent the night in Vegas, and we drove on to Phoenix.

He arrived 13 hours after us.

Like I said, until EV's can begin competition in endurance races, they ain't anything other than a cute novelty for rich people trying to show off.

300 miles isn't much.

Oh and this business about electric cars being lighter? Less mass equals less protection around you in an impact. When your light EV crashes into my well built steel gasoline car, guess which one will win? :eusa_whistle:
I'm just saying, you're going to be paying through the nose for gas when demand collapses and production follows.

And that won't be happening for decades no matter how much you fantasize about it.

And even then other fuels will be available.

Can't come fast enough.

Beat the rush, get out there and buy a horse and buggy.

I was watching Ben-Hur , there is a lot to be said for horse and buggy transportation.

I like those little spiky things they put on the wheels. Discourages people from getting too close.
I like Witness with Harrison Ford.

Here in the Tremendous County of Mercer , we have Amish colonies. Looks like a good opportunity for a go-getter to sell the Amish buggy drivers spiky things for their wheels.

Really? Is that what happens when demand falls for a product? I always thought when demand went down, people LOWERED prices to compete for and attract business!

Ever see home prices go up in an area where no one wants to live?

New research from Morgan Stanley argues that traditional internal combustion engines—the mainstay of automobiles for more than a century

GREAT NEWS! Then as time goes on, you won't be able to give gas cars away, or gas, no one will want them or use them and as market demand drops, prices for gas cars and gasoline will PLUMMET making gas cars CHEAP to buy and CHEAP to operate while the rest of you yutzes fork out bigly for electric battery cars!

And since so few gas cars will be on the road, they will no longer be any environment factor either! :eusa_dance:

Maybe your scenario comes true, would be fine with me, the only problem is that electric cars will outperform them and, ultimately, be cheaper, too.

However, you can still use GPS technology to find gas stations for your cross country trips. :auiqs.jpg:
Same with you finding charging stations......
Gas stations are everywhere.
Charging stations are practically non-existent.

What would really solve the problems are site to site transporters.

1612377945653.png

Forum List

Back