Game Over

OCA

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2004
Washington D.C.
Game over and time to come home. I have heard nothing and no one address what is the real problem in Iraq which is BATTLE TACTICS. If you can't or aren't willing to reduce the level of violence or defeat even a minute portion of the insurgency how in the hell can you do what these jackoffs and Bush keep talking about which is bring about a unified Iraq?

I do not want another life taken under the current strategy which is obviously a losing one, if the powers that be can't shit then they need to get off the pot and let Iraq run its own course. I know, I know, we will let Iraq become a haven for terrorists and Muslim extremists, seems to me though that we don't really give a shit or else we'd be taking care of business instead of spending all our time coddling weak political leaders and undertaking this fantasy of training up an Iraqi army and police force whom by all accounts have more allegiance to their ethnic tribes than they do to any fictitious Iraqi government.

Believe me this is a bitter pill to swallow but lets face it, we've shit the bed, we've had our asses handed to us in Iraq and if we aren't willing to to fight war the way we are capable of fighting it then we cut our losses and head home and let these bastards slaughter each other.

Game over and time to come home. I have heard nothing and no one address what is the real problem in Iraq which is BATTLE TACTICS. If you can't or aren't willing to reduce the level of violence or defeat even a minute portion of the insurgency how in the hell can you do what these jackoffs and Bush keep talking about which is bring about a unified Iraq?

I do not want another life taken under the current strategy which is obviously a losing one, if the powers that be can't shit then they need to get off the pot and let Iraq run its own course. I know, I know, we will let Iraq become a haven for terrorists and Muslim extremists, seems to me though that we don't really give a shit or else we'd be taking care of business instead of spending all our time coddling weak political leaders and undertaking this fantasy of training up an Iraqi army and police force whom by all accounts have more allegiance to their ethnic tribes than they do to any fictitious Iraqi government.

Believe me this is a bitter pill to swallow but lets face it, we've shit the bed, we've had our asses handed to us in Iraq and if we aren't willing to to fight war the way we are capable of fighting it then we cut our losses and head home and let these bastards slaughter each other.

Seriously, isn't there just some way WE, meaning the "West" can say we don't give a f- about freedom, religion, etc., and just have peace? Stop all the killing. We don't wish to bow 5 times a day, to any deity, but we'll send a check? Oh yeah, I think it's called dhimmitude. Let's sign up! :clap1:

Seriously, isn't there just some way WE, meaning the "West" can say we don't give a f- about freedom, religion, etc., and just have peace? Stop all the killing. We don't wish to bow 5 times a day, to any deity, but we'll send a check? Oh yeah, I think it's called dhimmitude. Let's sign up! :clap1:

Ok i'm an idiot........dhimmitude?

Seems to me Iraq is unrepairable. Let's face it Iraq isn't a nation. It's a forced conglomeration falling apart along the lines that will permanantly inable it to become a nation. We won the war. 'Member the war? That three week thingy over three years ago wherein we kicked the hell outta the Iraqis?

So we lose the peace. Is it really our loss or simply the fact that Iraqis hate each other along sectarian lines. Let the bastards murder each other. Will Iraq become a haven for terrorists? Who knows? It obviously isn't going to be a homespun democracy no matter how much blood and treasure we spend there.

Unless Bush and Congress are willing to ramp up both the numbers of troops and their engagement with the warring sects, the Mahdi army shiites, the leftover sunni despots, and whoever else then nothing will change. There isn't the courage enough in Washington to do that in the slightest. Short of getting it right it's time to get the hell out. The status quo is quickly deteriorating to total chaos and civil war. It's a no win situation if the only answer is continuing the path we're striding.

I'm still "on board" with the "fight over there" policy.

Hell people, if we keep em busy in Iraq, they don't have the resources, or the time to bother us over here.

Seems simple enough to me.

I'm still "on board" with the "fight over there" policy.

Hell people, if we keep em busy in Iraq, they don't have the resources, or the time to bother us over here.

Seems simple enough to me.

I'm all in favor of "fight over there" but are we fighting terrorists? Sure there are some al queda in Iraq. But the violence is almost entirely Iraqi on Iraqi. I'd like nothing more than to kill terrorists anywhere but in the US. In Iraq presently it's a civil war without organized armies or definable fronts but a civil war nonetheless.

Welcome to the lonely hearts club..Prepare yerself.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43450

Ok i'm an idiot........dhimmitude?

A dhimmi is a non-Muslim living in a Muslim country. Muslims like to point to it to indicate that they are more tolerant than hate mongering Christians by allowing dhimmis to live on their land. However, dhimmis must pay a tax for not being Muslim, are forbidden to openly practice their religion, and cannot convert a Muslim to their religion under penalty of death for both of them. It's basically a step above slavery.

You're confusing two distinctly different animals .... strategy and tactics. The current strategy is political, not military. They want backwards-assed Arabs to embrace a concept called "democracy," and be willing to "come together as one people" to achieve that goal above all others. This is of course accomplished in typical arrogant American style by showing said backwards-assed people what they could have if they'd follow the plan.

The military currently is not employing battlefield tactics except on the rare occasions they are actually engaged in combat, or for a specific search and destroy mission. Otherwise, they are employing police tactics; which, are pretty-much the opposite of military tactics.

You didn't REALLY expect results within a month, did you? Some miraculous change in thinking on the part of our government? And I don't mean the President, the Republicans and or the Democrats individually. Our government PERIOD is too concerned with appearing politically correct to the world to actually do what it would take to square Iraq away.

I trust our God-blessed President's judgment. Our Vice President will help him. Together, they will protect us from the freedom-hating terrorists. I just wish they could run again in 2008. So much for term limits.

I trust our God-blessed President's judgment. Our Vice President will help him. Together, they will protect us from the freedom-hating terrorists. I just wish they could run again in 2008. So much for term limits.

Do you do anything other than troll here?

Forum List

Back