Gallup: Romney 51 - the O 45

But they are apparently outnumbered.
truth is that president i am not sure i can blame him for not wanting another four years. i mean gop hate his guts in congress and so knowing he could get nothing done maybe best leave it to romney and see if he can do better

I guarantee you that Willard will do no better. Democrats will treat a Romney administration exactly the same as the GOP destroyed the Obama administration.

As I said already, this nation has become ungovernable. Thanks alot, Ronnie!
congress on either side not helped presidents. been promblem before president obama for both bush and clinton.

too partisan now is congress.

They robo-poll landline listings, skipping approximately 40% of the population and skewing strongly toward elderly rural people. They also do not speak personally to the sample population.

Gallup recently changed their polling techniques to include more cell phones. They now poll half cell phones and half landlines. Try again.

Linky

Last edited:
They oversampled republicans.

They oversampled white people, too. They seem to think the electorate is going to be 78% white, when it was only 74% white in 2008.

Possibly, but I don't they can use the 2008 numbers in 2012. The mood is entirely different now.

Well, yes and no.

If anything, the trend should be for less white folks in 2012 than 2008.

And Gallup has changed their methodology for the Presidential Approval Score to include more minorities/folks with cell phones.

Gallup is taking leaps that even Rasmussen wouldn't take in reasoning... And Rasmussen has the reliability of a cheap watch.

QUOTE=Freemason9;6175086]Fine. Elect Willard Romney, and stop bitching. I'm not crazy about capitalism, anyway, and he will completely destroy the American economy by killing what remains of the middle class.

So bring on Willard! We'll have great fun with that guy and his eight wives.[/QUOTE]

:eusa_boohoo:

They oversampled white people, too. They seem to think the electorate is going to be 78% white, when it was only 74% white in 2008.

Possibly, but I don't they can use the 2008 numbers in 2012. The mood is entirely different now.

Well, yes and no.

If anything, the trend should be for less white folks in 2012 than 2008.

And Gallup has changed their methodology for the Presidential Approval Score to include more minorities/folks with cell phones.

Gallup is taking leaps that even Rasmussen wouldn't take in reasoning... And Rasmussen has the reliability of a cheap watch.
What I'm trying to say is that Obama isn't a rock star like he was 4 years ago. "The mustard is off the hot dog"-Chick Hearn

Fine. Elect Willard Romney, and stop bitching. I'm not crazy about capitalism, anyway, and he will completely destroy the American economy by killing what remains of the middle class.

So bring on Willard! We'll have great fun with that guy and his eight wives.
look like at the moment president romney for next four years

And the White House will become an LDS temple. Sorry, but I don't trust Willard in the slightest, him with his Magic Underwear and all.

Did the village idiot kick you out?

What I'm trying to say is that Obama isn't a rock star like he was 4 years ago. "The mustard is off the hot dog"-Chick Hearn

Okay, point taken.

But then you have the other side of that. The 69 million who voted for him last time aren't inclined to admit they made a mistake. Maybe some of them will stay home, but historically, the Democratic Candidate has increased his vote total in every election since 1980.

Meanwhile the 59 million of us who voted for McCain aren't committed to Romney. I probably would have voted for the GOP candidate, if it wasn't Romney, whom I dislike on a visceral level.

Okay, point taken.

But then you have the other side of that. The 69 million who voted for him last time aren't inclined to admit they made a mistake. Maybe some of them will stay home, but historically, the Democratic Candidate has increased his vote total in every election since 1980.

Meanwhile the 59 million of us who voted for McCain aren't committed to Romney. I probably would have voted for the GOP candidate, if it wasn't Romney, whom I dislike on a visceral level.
true i do not like romney either but i be amazed if gallup that far wrong. maybe he not six points ahead but i think he has pretty big lead nationally over the president still.

Okay, point taken.

true i do not like romney either but i be amazed if gallup that far wrong. maybe he not six points ahead but i think he has pretty big lead nationally over the president still.

But it's not a lead any other poll has, even Ratmussen with is RW Bias.

And the Adminstration has had complaints about Gallups methodology for some time- undersampling minorities and not calling people with cell phones, for instance.

Okay, point taken.

And the Adminstration has had complaints about Gallups methodology for some time- undersampling minorities and not calling people with cell phones, for instance.
well you make fair point and be surpise if he that far ahead but he is still behind nationally in other polls but just not by much. so even though gallup maybe too far out, he still behind

president need good thrid debate and need ground team peformance of all time in ohio, wi,ma,pa,nh, iowa and neavada. next 19 days everything on the line.

Put your mouth back on Obama's balls and ass and STFU, you whining little bitch.
their no doubt romney favourite to win. so it in his ball court

well you make fair point and be surpise if he that far ahead but he is still behind nationally in other polls but just not by much. so even though gallup maybe too far out, he still behind

president need good thrid debate and need ground team peformance of all time in ohio, wi,ma,pa,nh, iowa and neavada. next 19 days everything on the line.

I think he needs a good third debate. And he'll get it, because every time the Weird Mormon Robot goes near foreign policy, he ends up pooping his magic underwear.

But I also think he still has a several structural advantages.

First, desite whatever bullshit RCP puts out there, PA, WI, and MI are not really in play. Romney's not spending any money in them.

Also, Obama is going to get 96% of the black vote and 75% of the Hispanic vote. Which means Romney would need to get 65% of the White vote in order to win. This is something even Reagan couldn't acheive.

I think he needs a good third debate. And he'll get it, because every time the Weird Mormon Robot goes near foreign policy, he ends up pooping his magic underwear.

But I also think he still has a several structural advantages.

First, desite whatever bullshit RCP puts out there, PA, WI, and MI are not really in play. Romney's not spending any money in them.

Also, Obama is going to get 96% of the black vote and 75% of the Hispanic vote. Which means Romney would need to get 65% of the White vote in order to win. This is something even Reagan couldn't acheive.
firstly i don,t think we can dismiss wi as win for obama. paul ryan and scott walker are from their and i heard in media their thinking of stopping their very soon indeed.

the fact also jill biden was sent out to pa of late said to me obama people bit worried that state could turn into a toss up

also you make a fair point of black and hispanic vote but that only if they come out this time. i am not sure anywhere near same amount of these voters will come compared to 2008. if they don,t in same numberr then romney does not near as high as that for the white vote

thrid debate is massive but don,t think it be easy for president. Even though romney messed up big time on tuesday on it he will get more time to question president for over 15 to 20 mins maybe as it whole debate on oversea policy

also it tough issue for president as he has to face questions as to why their was different responses coming from different people. like why did rice go on tv on sunday talk shows saying it was video when it was not . even jon strewart of daily show pointed out how obama admin made a mess of their response to this

so he need to handle this , plus questions on isarel, iraq and anything well because i promise you romney willl chuck everything and i mean everything at obama. massive debate

This isn't really true. Blacks and Hispanics aren't going to turnout at their 2008 levels and, even then, polls show that Obama is going to shed a bit of support in each group. In 2008 Obama got 44% of the White vote while McCain got 56%. If Romney cracks 60%, which is likely, there's a very good chance he wins as Obama's advantage among minorities wouldn't be able to overcome that. How often do candidates win with less than 40% of the White vote?

This isn't really true. Blacks and Hispanics aren't going to turnout at their 2008 levels and, even then, polls show that Obama is going to shed a bit of support in each group. In 2008 Obama got 44% of the White vote while McCain got 56%. If Romney cracks 60%, which is likely, there's a very good chance he wins as Obama's advantage among minorities wouldn't be able to overcome that. How often do candidates win with less than 40% of the White vote?

Well, first, Romney isn't going to get 60% of the White vote. He'll probably get about what McCain got.

Secondly, how do you know there won't be big turnout amongst minorities.

Frankly, if I were hispanic, I'd be a LOT more motivated to vote against a guy who is going to make life so miserable for Hispanics in an attempt to get illegals to "self-Deport". McCain was at least TRYING to do the right thing on immigration before he misplaced his testicles in 2008.

Well, first, Romney isn't going to get 60% of the White vote. He'll probably get about what McCain got.

Secondly, how do you know there won't be big turnout amongst minorities.

Frankly, if I were hispanic, I'd be a LOT more motivated to vote against a guy who is going to make life so miserable for Hispanics in an attempt to get illegals to "self-Deport". McCain was at least TRYING to do the right thing on immigration before he misplaced his testicles in 2008.
i don,t think anyone knows how many hispanic will vote but i got to admit that gop base are more motivated to come out then dem base this time around compared to 2008.

also i think it be harder for obama to just get hispanic vote for themselves as romney has lot more cash as shown with his fundrasing is nearer to obama then mccain ever were. He gone after hispanics big time romney in flordia and by looks of poll it could be working.

Forum List

Back