fyi

Your post was erroneously blaming mostly the Spanish for the slave trade when the English/USA were far more pro-slavery.

I said Portuguese, and Spaniards took the majority of Black slaves, which is true, when looking at the combined totals the majority of Black slaves taken out of Europe were taken by these 2 Mediterranean nations.
You are misinformed by combining the Portuguese with the Spanish.
As I said earlier, it was the English who controlled the majority of the slave trade even taking slaves to Portuguese and Spanish, French and Dutch colonies and the English successors were the American Confederates who fought to keep slaves long after slavery was banned by the Spanish.

Portuguese, and Spaniards (Iberians) combined took the majority of Black slaves in the Atlantic Slave Trade.

Portuguese were clearly the biggest slave traders out of Europe.
It is laughable that you think the Portuguese who were enemies of the Spanish were alike. Your efforts to minimize the biggest slave traders who were the English and their American successors shows that you believe propaganda more than historical fact. Spain led the banishment of slavery long before the American Confederates.

Enemies, or not, Portuguese, and Spaniards are similar genetic, and cultural relatives.

No, the English really weren't the biggest slave traders, but rather Portuguese were.

I'm not English, and hardly consider myself American.

In fact, I'd consider myself more Polish.

I'm so glad Poland didn't go nuts in colonialism, or go nuts in multiculturalism today.

I really can't stand Western Europeans, what a primitive race.
1811 - Spain abolishes slavery, including in its colonies.
1833 - Britain passes Abolition of Slavery Act, ordering gradual abolition of slavery in all British colonies.
1858 - Portugal abolishes slavery in its colonies.
1862 - U.S. President Abraham Lincoln proclaims emancipation of slaves with effect from January 1, 1863.
CHRONOLOGY-Who banned slavery when?

I said Portuguese, and Spaniards took the majority of Black slaves, which is true, when looking at the combined totals the majority of Black slaves taken out of Europe were taken by these 2 Mediterranean nations.
As I said earlier, it was the English who controlled the majority of the slave trade even taking slaves to Portuguese and Spanish, French and Dutch colonies and the English successors were the American Confederates who fought to keep slaves long after slavery was banned by the Spanish.

Portuguese, and Spaniards (Iberians) combined took the majority of Black slaves in the Atlantic Slave Trade.

It is laughable that you think the Portuguese who were enemies of the Spanish were alike. Your efforts to minimize the biggest slave traders who were the English and their American successors shows that you believe propaganda more than historical fact. Spain led the banishment of slavery long before the American Confederates.

Enemies, or not, Portuguese, and Spaniards are similar genetic, and cultural relatives.

No, the English really weren't the biggest slave traders, but rather Portuguese were.

I'm so glad Poland didn't go nuts in colonialism, or go nuts in multiculturalism today.

1833 - Britain passes Abolition of Slavery Act, ordering gradual abolition of slavery in all British colonies.
1862 - U.S. President Abraham Lincoln proclaims emancipation of slaves with effect from January 1, 1863.

Portuguese Brazil took just short of 5 million slaves from Africa, as opposed to the U.S.A, which took 300 thousand slaves from Africa.

Portuguese Brazil took just short of 5 million slaves from Africa, as opposed to the U.S.A, which took 300 thousand slaves from Africa.
You began with a false accusation about the Spanish who were, in fact, the first to ban slavery.

You began with a false accusation about the Spanish who were, in fact, the first to ban slavery.

Uh, Poland abolished slavery in the 14th century, and remained virtually slave free.

Portuguese + Spaniards took about 58% or a clear majority of Black slaves from Africa.

That's a majority.

It wouldn't really matter who abolished it first, or not.

Uh, Poland abolished slavery in the 14th century, and remained virtually slave free.

Portuguese + Spaniards took about 58% or a clear majority of Black slaves from Africa.

That's a majority.

The Portuguese are not Spanish.
The French are not Belgians.
The Dutch are not Danes.
The Italians are not Austrians.

I must say, however, much of western Poland is really Germany.

That's a majority.

Much of those "Germans" came to Poland as immigrants invited in by Poland.

That's a majority.

The Dutch are not Danes.

The point is that Mediterranean (Iberians) took the majority of Black slaves from Africa in the Atlantic Slave Trade.

I never claimed Portuguese, and Spaniards are identical, but they are very similar.

1.) Portuguese, and Spaniards both started the Atlantic Slave Trade, and took the most Black slaves out of Europe too.

2.) Some Black slaves taken would have otherwise been sacrificed by African tribes as POWs.

3.) The Black slave population in the U.S.A, grew faster than Europe's population.
So, it doesn't seem that Black slaves had it quite so bad for that time period as you think.
Your post is false; The Spanish did not begin the trans-Atlantic slave trade. All the major European powers were involved in this enterprise, but by the early 18th century, England became the world's leading slave trading power. It's estimated that English ships were responsible for the forced transportation of at least 2-3 million Africans in that century.

So dominant were English ships and merchants that they carried away African captives not only to English colonies in North America and the Caribbean but even to the colonies of their main economic rivals, the French and Spanish, as well as to others.

The Spanish were the first European country to ban slavery while the descendants of the English in the USA continued slavery until they had a war to stop it between 1861 and 1865.

Funny how you left out the Portuguese, who were the biggest slave traders, and who ended slavery in Brazil after the U.S.A had.
Your post was erroneously blaming mostly the Spanish for the slave trade when the English/USA were far more pro-slavery.

it was the English who controlled the majority of the slave trade even taking slaves to Portuguese and Spanish, French and Dutch colonies and the English successors were the American Confederates who fought to keep slaves long after slavery was banned by the Spanish.

According to Haak a leading geneticist, English are rather Mediterranean by DNA, anyways.

HaakEtAlpage23Crop.jpg

I’ve seen several recent posts about the fact that black people in Africa sold their own people into slavery. It’s been cited as a basis to declare that black people are also at fault and are therefore just as bad as the white people who enslaved them. I am currently reading “Slaves In The Family,” by Edward Ball. In chapter 7 he gives the most thorough explanation of this I have ever heard.

“The coast of Loango, included a port settlement, Cabinda. The Royal African Company, which brought slaves to Charleston, made the Loango coast its trading base, so much so that the company’s records from the 1720s show that all of its ships going to central Africa during that time listed Cabinda as a destination.

Whites had long ago given up making raids themselves and instead operated forts on the coast known as “factories.” These were heavily armed buying centers to which black slave-handlers delivered their merchandise in exchange for guns, rum, and fabric. The captives brought by the black middlemen to the factories had previously been held by chiefs and headmen farther interior, away from the coast. These chiefs rounded up victims in several ways – by staging raids on villages for the purpose of getting prisoners of war, by punishing people in debt through sale into slavery, and sometimes by selling members of their own tribe for personal profit. With this involvement at the source of the capture business, slavery became a shared venture.

Forced labor was practiced in West Africa before the Europeans began to carry people off, but it was not plantation slavery like that in America. West African slavery consisted of the subjugation of whole villages by invading chiefdoms, which led to arrangements that resembled the vassal societies of feudal Europe. As it was in medieval England, the vanquished were required to make oaths of obedience to a piece of land and to work it, giving tribute to the lords in services and crops but holding on to personal identity. By contrast, American slavery meant the denuding of individuals of all rights and property, one person at a time.

In the Asante kingdom of southern Nigeria, for example, a slave could own property, own a slave him or herself, intermarry with the kin of the ruling family, and be an heir to his or her master – none of which rights were held by captive American blacks. When the Europeans arrived on the African coast, this patriarchal system became rapidly more harsh, and the pace and methods of slave capture were sharpened to suit white demand.”

I have believed and am now even more convinced that American slavery was its own evil, not to be compared to or blamed on anyone else.
Notice the double standard

When whites do something bad like slavery ?

All of sudden. History now matters. And they look for evidence to see if black people have done anything like it.

When whites do something good like an invention ?

All of a sudden. History does not matter. And they deny any evidence of black people doing the same thing.

Arabs started enslaving Blacks earlier, took more Black slaves, and still are taking Black slaves in some regions.

Now, what did Arabs invent, in comparison to Europeans?

We are talking about American slavery.

No it's not.

Prince George's County, Maryland has an income level about 30% higher than the U.S.A average, and also a murder rate about 30% higher than the U.S.A average.

Could it's large Black population have something to do with it?
In 2015 the murder rate of PG county was 16 per one million. That's basically 33 percent less than the national average.

You got this wrong.

How do you figure that?
Prince George's county, Maryland has just over 900,000, and had 60+ murders in 2015.

Homicides on the rise in Prince George's Co., but overall crime is dropping

That's close to a 7 out of 100,000 murder rate, which is higher than the U.S.A average.

Now ask yourself is 7 out of 100,000 a really high number. There are 365 days in a year and lets say they had 70 murders. That a murder ever 5th day and you u se that to make a racist claim and you actually think that has validity? And where your claim becomes dishonest is the fact that most of the killings were in pats the county hat bordered Washington DC and not on the black suburban areas. What you did was exaggerate to male a racist argument. A county of 900,000 people with 60 plus murders in a year does not have a major problem with murder.

For example a majority white city, Tulsa has a murder rate of 14 per 100,000.double that f Prince Georges county.

Omaha Nebraska 73 percent white with a 10.6 per 100,000 murder rate.

Oklahoma City 62 percent white with an 11.6 murder rate per 100,000

These numbers are higher than the national average. So is Albuquerque, Anaheim, Aurora Colorado, Bakersfield, Columbus Ohio and a whole lot of others.

I can keep going but the point is that your claim about Prince Georges county is bogus and without merit.

On top of that your link showed crime had decreased in the county.

Prince George's County, Maryland has a murder rate similar to some of the worst problem area cities in Europe, like Limerick, Ireland, Glasgow, Scotland, Birmingham, England, Moscow, Russia, or Saint Petersburg, Russia.

So, basically Europe's greatest White trash in cities in Europe, are equal to African Americans most affluent county.

As for the cities you listed, while being White majority, the Blacks there presumably commit the majority of murder, like it is in the U.S.A collective.

.Prince Georgas county has not such numbers. You've been shown that so your argument has no weight.

.You see dumb ass, in 2105 black s committed 51 percent of the murders, whites 47 percent. Now that's 4 percentage points meaning the rates are about equal. So lets not pretend that blacks are committing 10 tines the rate of murders as whites.

Whites commit 2.6 times the crimes blacks do. OK? That's according to the UCR not bestplaces.com.

we are talking about american slavery? Since when does ANY slavery become justified? Give me a break.

Then IM2 said:
Whites use history to excuse themselves from wrong and to credit themselves.

Ok. Then I say:
Blacks use history to excuse themselves from their own behavior and credit themselves that they have a valid excuse to blame someone else for their own fallacies.

Your turn.

we are talking about american slavery? Since when does ANY slavery become justified? Give me a break.

Then IM2 said:
Whites use history to excuse themselves from wrong and to credit themselves.

Ok. Then I say:
Blacks use history to excuse themselves from their own behavior and credit themselves that they have a valid excuse to blame someone else for their own fallacies.

Your turn.

Actually whites use history for that also.

35e4814b0465f8d22161c8ee0e04799b-gif.129984

Yes. Everyone does. So stop pointing the finger because for every one *you* point towards, five more will be pointed back.
None of us are perfect. Horrors have happened since the beginning of time.

Move on. Move up. Move forward and stop looking back.

Yes. Everyone does. So stop pointing the finger because for every one *you* point towards, five more will be pointed back.
None of us are perfect. Horrors have happened since the beginning of time.

Move on. Move up. Move forward and stop looking back.

If talking about the beginning of time is not looking back there is no such thing.

Moving forward means confronting the current racism that exists in places like this by people like you who want to tell somebody to not look back when I look at your racism now in these forums..

Move on. Move up. End your racism..

th

That's a majority.

The Dutch are not Danes.

The point is that Mediterranean (Iberians) took the majority of Black slaves from Africa in the Atlantic Slave Trade.

I never claimed Portuguese, and Spaniards are identical, but they are very similar.
Racist nonsense.

Your post is false; The Spanish did not begin the trans-Atlantic slave trade. All the major European powers were involved in this enterprise, but by the early 18th century, England became the world's leading slave trading power. It's estimated that English ships were responsible for the forced transportation of at least 2-3 million Africans in that century.

So dominant were English ships and merchants that they carried away African captives not only to English colonies in North America and the Caribbean but even to the colonies of their main economic rivals, the French and Spanish, as well as to others.

The Spanish were the first European country to ban slavery while the descendants of the English in the USA continued slavery until they had a war to stop it between 1861 and 1865.

Funny how you left out the Portuguese, who were the biggest slave traders, and who ended slavery in Brazil after the U.S.A had.

it was the English who controlled the majority of the slave trade even taking slaves to Portuguese and Spanish, French and Dutch colonies and the English successors were the American Confederates who fought to keep slaves long after slavery was banned by the Spanish.

According to Haak a leading geneticist, English are rather Mediterranean by DNA, anyways.

HaakEtAlpage23Crop.jpg
Racism is not inherited in DNA.

That's a majority.

Breslau was a German city. Breslau will always be a German city!

Arabs started enslaving Blacks earlier, took more Black slaves, and still are taking Black slaves in some regions.

I know I should not reply to you, but then again I realize that sometimes a reply is necessary, not for you but for others to see the counter points.

Europeans have been the least inventive people when you take into account all of human history and the most important inventions have come from black Africans and other non white groups.

Agriculture and metallurgy were both developed, independently in West Africa. Humans spent 10's of thousands of years as hunter gatherers before somebody figured out that if you plant seeds in the ground, irrigate and take care of them, you can settle in one area and not have to wander about looking for food.

Seems pretty obvious, but if nobody explained it to you, you’d have no idea how it works. Iron industry, in both smelting and forging for tools and weapons, appeared in Sub-Saharan Africa by 1200 BCE. The increased use of iron and the spread of iron working technology led to improved weaponry and enabled farmers to expand agricultural productivity and produce surplus crops, which together supported the growth of urban city-states into empires.

Agriculture and iron smelting were two of the most important things man ever discovered because they create a foundation for so many other things.

Now I know you will not dispute this, you will merely dismiss it. You choose which facts you wishes to believe in. It is part of how your racist delusion works. If you are going to overlook whatever facts of history that do not suit your argument, then it is pointless to say anything to you.

You are locked in your own self-delusion and nothing I say will make any difference. Debating with people like you is like farting in a windstorm. You have your preconceived notions in place and have no intentions of listening to what anyone has to say.

I could spend several thousand words referring you to more evidence on this subject, compiled by African and European scholars alike, which demonstrates both the racism and absurdity of your arguments.

But if you are truly interested in this material you would be better served to seek out the information yourself, seeing as how it will be far more adequately presented by me than I could do here.

You can begin by googling the books of Cheikh Anta Diop, Molefi Asante, Walter Rodney and Ivan Van Sertimaamong others; and for you whose racism will most likely lead you to dismiss black scholars on these subjects, you can always examine the writings of Basil Davidson: one of the most respected Africa scholars in modern history, who is decidedly both white and British.

Or you can watch Tariq Nasheed "Hidden Colors" series

Hidden Colors

Hidden Colors

You only focus on the last 300 years. That's the last chapter of human history.

Also can you please reveal to me and everyone in usmessageboard.com what you have invented that is beneficial to mankind ?

You SobieskiSavedEurope...........YOU.

Not some inventor whose accomplishments you are imputing to a whole group. In fact tell us what each and every white person has invented as this is one of the special gifts white people possess.

Did you design this plane ?
Have you created a vaccine that has saved lives

No.

So why are you taking credit for it albeit indirectly ?

Irony is it's never the inventor who says that their work is evidence of ethnic superiority; It's only life’s losers who try seek out evidence of their own brilliance or potential in the works of others. Only those who secretly harbor suspicions of their own inferiority feel compelled, to insist upon how much better than you they are.

If there is one thing I’ve learned over the years it’s this - Truly amazing talents never need to tell others how truly amazing they are - They just go out, do the work, and demonstrate their excellence silently. They need no cheerleaders. Those who publicly proclaim how great they are, on the other hand, are almost always trying to convince themselves. And apparently, given your persistence, you are finding the job harder than you imagined.
This is the same logic as me robbing a bank and saying, “People rob banks all the time, what is the big deal?”

Your moral reasoning is broken.

If you disagree, then when your wife catches you with another woman all you have to do is say this: “I know what I did was wrong, but my friend Joe has been cheating on his wife WAY LONGER than me. And he beats her too. Please keep that in mind!”

And if she continues to be angry at you, say this: “Why are you so angry at me but not at my friend? I mean, he is way worse than me! You are being unfair.”

Last edited:

That's a majority.

Breslau was a German city. Breslau will always be a German city!

Map of Europe 1,000 AD.

Who are these mysterious Veleti, and Abodrites who encompassed much of East Germany?

map-europe-1000.jpg

I know I should not reply to you, but then again I realize that sometimes a reply is necessary, not for you but for others to see the counter points.

Europeans have been the least inventive people when you take into account all of human history and the most important inventions have come from black Africans and other non white groups.

Your argument looks strong if you only focus on the last 300 years.

I made a thread to combat your nonsense about Europeans being worthless until the Renaissance.

Myth of European worthlessness until the Renaissance.

Forum List

Back