Future with AI

Quentin111

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2014
AI will: 1) take care and provide for people, people will not need to work; 2) develop science, taking over the baton from scientists. Moreover, at some point, human scientists will no longer be able to understand the knowledge that AI will produce; 3) Perhaps AI will be able to create immortality for all people.

It could all go very well or very wrong. The answer will probably come faster than we think.

Hope they are not made by some outfit called Skynet

Skynet was the name of the computer. Cyberdyne Systems made Skynet....ah jeez.... :)
It will depend on what AI is used for. And therein lies the rub. There are a lot of exciting applications it's being used for right now.
I think we may dive down too deeply into media style philosophy questions of the use and misuse of it.

I thought you meant AL as in you can call me Al....oh see?...now you did it...pardon the musical interlude......

After AI masters all human professions and performs better than humans, there will be a threat of unemployment among humans. This problem, apparently, can be solved with the help of an basic income.

4) Never exist because true Artificial Intelligence is impossible.

AI has barely advanced the last 30 years
I think of AI coming into being later this century
It’s just too complex

AI will be the key to both future human colonies and space travel
Let’s give it another 75 years

Artificial Intelligence is like commercial fusion power and China as the next superpower.

Always "in 20 years or so".

4) Never exist because true Artificial Intelligence is impossible.
There is at least one way to create AI: to study how 16 billion neurons in the human cerebral cortex work (the total number of neurons in the brain is 80 billion). But that takes decades of research.

AI will be the key to both future human colonies and space travel
Let’s give it another 75 years
Of course. For the exploration of deep space, people need large costs to ensure safety and life support. Using robots is much cheaper.

AI will: 1) take care and provide for people, people will not need to work; 2) develop science, taking over the baton from scientists. Moreover, at some point, human scientists will no longer be able to understand the knowledge that AI will produce; 3) Perhaps AI will be able to create immortality for all people.
Ai does not exist without humans and will never be more intelligent than the creator

Forum List

Back