Fury at ‘do not resuscitate’ notices given to Covid patients with learning disabilities

Burgermeister

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jan 23, 2021
National healthcare. So compassionate. And don't worry about some faceless commission deciding your fate at some point..

The Care Quality Commission said in December that inappropriate Do Not Attempt Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (DNACPR) notices had caused potentially avoidable deaths last year.

DNACPRs are usually made for people who are too frail to benefit from CPR, but Mencap said some seem to have been issued for people simply because they had a learning disability. The CQC is due to publish a report on the practice within weeks.

Fury at ‘do not resuscitate’ notices given to Covid patients with learning disabilities | Coronavirus | The Guardian

Kinda sucks to be in jolly old England, eh? Here is a message for them from our outgoing president, recently voted out of office. (You'll have to deal with yours as best, you can)
1613327824054.png

Sounds like Fake News until they do actually publish their results ... of course, no one of any credibility will, thus the article in the Guardian ... too many weasel words; might if could ... just how many 20-34 year-olds are dying of Covid in the first place? ...

Sounds like Fake News until they do actually publish their results ... of course, no one of any credibility will, thus the article in the Guardian ... too many weasel words; might if could ... just how many 20-34 year-olds are dying of Covid in the first place? ...
The Commission's final report is due out this month.

But you'll be all set to insist everyone not believe that government-run healthcare could possibly kill off inconvenient people.

Meanwhile, from the Independent:

Unlawful and blanket do-not-resuscitate orders may still be in place, regulator warns

And a press release from the Marie Curie charity:

Responding to the to CQC report into DNACPR decisions, Dr Sarah Holmes, Medical Director and Palliative Care Consultant at the end of life charity, Marie Curie, said:

“The CQC’s interim review of Do Not Attempt Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (DNACPR) decisions during the covid-19 pandemic, and their ongoing fieldwork, is hugely important in understanding the experiences of people dying during the pandemic.

“Any one size fits all approach to DNACPR, even during difficult times is unacceptable. It should never be a tick box, blanket exercise.

“The decision not to resuscitate is a very personal and often deeply difficult choice for a dying person and their family. As such it must be part of a wider, ongoing conversation, about what matters to someone most at the end of their life.

“We must ensure that there are no remaining DNACPR orders in place that dying people or their families may not be aware of.”

Somehow, I think I trust this woman's opinion more than your own.

• In the UK, people with learning disabilities may be receiving "do not attempt to resuscitate" orders (DNARs) without their consent.
  • A watchdog group is investigating reports of such "inappropriate" orders during the pandemic.
  • A charity said it was still receiving word of nonconsensual DNARs in January, The Guardian reported on Saturday.
In the UK, people with learning disabilities have been told that healthcare workers will not attempt to save their lives with CPR if they succumb to COVID-19, according to an advocacy group.
Mencap, a UK charity advocating for people with learning disabilities, said that in January it was still receiving reports of people being told that they would not be resuscitated if they fell ill from COVID-19. Mencap said it seemed that these orders were given simply because of the patients' learning disabilities, The Guardian reported on Monday.
Such "do not attempt to resuscitate" orders (DNARs or DNACPRs) instruct healthcare workers not to attempt CPR if a patient stops breathing or if their heart stops beating. Doctors usually administer these orders after discussing the option with the patient or their caretakers. However, England's Care Quality Commission reportedin December that some people had received DNARs in the spring without their knowledge or consent.

"It's unacceptable that within a group of people hit so hard by the pandemic, and who even before COVID died on average over 20 years younger than the general population, many are left feeling scared and wondering why they have been left out," Mencap CEO Edel Harris told The Guardian.
"This is eugenics and it is revolting," US virologist Angela Rasmussen said on Twitter.
The Care Quality Commission is set to publish a report on its investigation into "inappropriate" DNARs in the coming weeks. The commission has said that its investigation focuses on older people and people with learning disabilities, since they may have been disproportionately affected by the practice.

https://www.businessinsider.in/defe...o-army-chief-general/articleshow/80907471.cms

Link Copied

• Home
  • Science
  • News»
  • UK Watchdogs Say People With Learning Disabilities Have Been Given Inappropriate 'Do Not Resuscitate' Orders For COVID-19
UK watchdogs say people with learning disabilities have been given inappropriate 'do not resuscitate' orders for COVID-19
MORGAN MCFALL-JOHNSEN
FEB 14, 2021, 23:46 IST
UK watchdogs say people with learning disabilities have been given inappropriate 'do not resuscitate' orders for COVID-19

Medical workers bring a patient out of an ambulance outside Royal London Hospital, in London, Britain, January 15, 2021.Toby Melville/Reuters
  • In the UK, people with learning disabilities may be receiving "do not attempt to resuscitate" orders (DNARs) without their consent.
  • A watchdog group is investigating reports of such "inappropriate" orders during the pandemic.
  • A charity said it was still receiving word of nonconsensual DNARs in January, The Guardian reported on Saturday.
In the UK, people with learning disabilities have been told that healthcare workers will not attempt to save their lives with CPR if they succumb to COVID-19, according to an advocacy group.
Mencap, a UK charity advocating for people with learning disabilities, said that in January it was still receiving reports of people being told that they would not be resuscitated if they fell ill from COVID-19. Mencap said it seemed that these orders were given simply because of the patients' learning disabilities, The Guardian reported on Monday.

Prog totalitarianism is on the march worldwide.

From the link...
"Wrongheaded public policies implemented in attempts to stem the spread of COVID-19 have caused more harm than good in many cases here in the United States. But in the United Kingdom, outrage is growing about a particularly pernicious public health directive: ‘Do Not Resuscitate’ orders for categories of patients with COVID."

Do you government health care advocates really want government healthcare for the U.S.? Because, don't kid yourself, that is where you are headed with such a wrong-headed healthcare policy.

Do-not-resuscitate orders were wrongly allocated to some care home residents during the Covid-19 pandemic, causing potentially avoidable deaths, the first phase of a review by England’s Care Quality Commission has found.

Here are the choices:

Some combination of government healthcare (so all are covered) plus private healthcare (choice) for those who don't want it.

Or

Private healthcare only for those who can afford it (let the rest die).

Which is better?

Here are the choices:

Some combination of government healthcare (so all are covered) plus private healthcare (choice) for those who don't want it.

Or

Which is better?
People don't die?

Either I am the chosen one by God or just lucky, I never ever go to the doctor in like 40 years

Here are the choices:

Or

Which is better?
Completely private health care can be very affordable. We see it right now in the private groups like 'Medi-Share.' There are several levels of care depending on how much one can afford. The difference between that and a national healthcare system is that with the latter you are stuck in the lowest level of care with everyone else. You are also, with the latter, stuck with whatever government decision is made over your health such as what I provided in the OP......No care whatsoever....You just die.

Either I am the chosen one by God or just lucky, I never ever go to the doctor in like 40 years
Simply, one does not need to go to the doctor if one is reasonably healthy and fit. Doctors, IMO, are there to fix broken stuff and to vend pharmaceuticals.

Here are the choices:

Or

Which is better?
Completely private health care can be very affordable. We see it right now in the private groups like 'Medi-Share.' There are several levels of care depending on how much one can afford. The difference between that and a national healthcare system is that with the latter you are stuck in the lowest level of care with everyone else. You are also, with the latter, stuck with whatever government decision is made over your health such as what I provided in the OP......No care whatsoever....You just die.
That is not true in the UK. There is no such thing as complete private health care and it is a complete fallacy to suggest that patients receiving NHS healthcare get an inferior level of treatment.
Private healthcare in the UK is fine for routine operations and treatments that are not life threatening. Graet if you have in growing toenails and don't want to wait on an NHS list so get much quicker attention.

If you have a very serious illness private medical insurance or not you will receive NHS treatment.
I have had 120 chemotherapy treatments for Terminal cancer over 6.5 years at a cost of 6000 per session = £720,000. plus the expensive consultancy costs all paid for by the NHS. As I can't work I would have had no way of covering my living costs and paying for treatments.
There are no different levels of treatment based on cost, everyone gets the best treatment appropriate to their needs.

If I'd lived in the US I would have died years ago.

Forum List

Back