Freedom Convoy Finds New #crowdfunding Platform & Crashes it💥

well assuming what you say is true......that vocal minority sure is throwing a monkey wrench into Turdeaus plans aren't they?

Ontario declaring a "state of emergency" over the actions of a "small but vocal minority" sure seems odd!!!!!!

:wink:
They should do what a lot of other countries are doing, have it optional to be vaccined, but with the condition that anyone who chooses not to get vaccinated doesn't get any form of government aid, and health insurance doesn't have to cover them if they aren't vaccinated. I would say that is fair. It's still optional, but the taxpayers shouldn't have to subsidize your healthcare if you refuse to take precautions from getting sick.

That's how new york handled small business bailouts in 2020. You only got aid if you followed social distancing, and your business insurance could refuse to cover any losses due to being forced to closed if they could prove you didn't do so.

Last edited:
A true Union wouldn't abandon their own.

And I notice you didn't link anything to back up your claims.
As. a union worker, I don't want MY dues going to cover medical bills for some jackass that only got sick because he refuses to get vaccinated, wear masks, etc. I'm against vaccine mandates, but someone who chooses to not get vaccinated shouldn't be allowed to turn around and expect everyone else to pay for their medical bills.

As. a union worker, I don't want MY dues going to cover medical bills for some jackass that only got sick because he refuses to get vaccinated, wear masks, etc. I'm against vaccine mandates, but someone who chooses to not get vaccinated shouldn't be allowed to turn around and expect everyone else to pay for their medical bills.

So if I don't ski I should be able to say my insurance shouldn't cover people who ski because I find it to be stupid and risky?

The campaign is a small, but very vocal minority of Canadian Truckers. Most Truckers oppose the protest, as do the Teamsters, who represent the vast majority of truckers in Canada. In fact, the Teamsters have officially put a policy in place that they will not represent any members in greivances against their employers over vacine mandates, and will not longer help to cover the medical bills of non-vaccinated members who are hospitalized with Covid. Basically their union s taking a "We are no longer going to waste time, money, and resources helping people who refuse to take basically steps to keep from getting covid" stance.

Of course unions don't support it because unions don't stand to make any money off this.

The drivers aren't driving so they don't get their wages to take union dues from, they are doing it to demand more wages or anything that means unions get to take more money from workers, and they need to stay in the good graces of politicians so they can keep operating smoothly so they will side with the politicians, they also will condemn them because they don't want more truckers doing it furthering the decline of the money they get.

Unions don't exist for workers, they exist to get money from workers. Unions haven't been a noble enterprise since they were originally created to protect workers before we had labor boards and federal laws keeping people from being abused.

but the taxpayers shouldn't have to subsidize your healthcare if you refuse to take precautions from getting sick.
well that opens the door to a lot.

smokers?
over eaters?
have the flu?

There are lots of ways people dont take precautions from getting sick!

well that opens the door to a lot.

smokers?
over eaters?
have the flu?

There are lots of ways people dont take precautions from getting sick!

When it comes to smokers, I would give them some leyway, simply because the tobacco companies did their best to hide the fact that smoking caused cancer for years, and even went as far as creating fake "studies" which they claimed proved it didn't. So there were alot of sources of misinformation.

When it comes to people who are obese? Yes, they shouldn't get government aid. They CHOOSE to live in an unhealthy way and shouldn't get special treatment for the consuquences. These people are opne of the main readsons why our healthcare costs so much in this country.

Flu is a virus that can't be prevented 100% of the time. People who blatantly take no precautions? And act in ways that they should know put them at greater threat of exposure? Yes, they shouldn't get aid.

I used to want to help anti-vaxxers. Then I realized that not only do they refuse to take the vaccine, which I can support, But the vast majority of anti-vaxxers also rafuse to wear masks or follow social distancing. Most of them bought into Trump's anti-mask, anti-social distancing BS that he started in 2020. They got sick because of their own choices, and now they want everyone else to pay for it.

When it comes to smokers, I would give them some leyway, simply because the tobacco companies did their best to hide the fact that smoking caused cancer for years, and even went as far as creating fake "studies" which they claimed proved it didn't. So there were alot of sources of misinformation.
old news. everyone on the planet now knows the harms of smoking.

When it comes to people who are obese? Yes, they shouldn't get government aid. They CHOOSE to live in an unhealthy way
not always the case. there are some with abnormal problems.

Flu is a virus that can't be prevented 100% of the time.
remind you of any other ailments? like, ohhhh......covid maybe?

dont paint with a broad brush because of politics. Its just not smart.

old news. everyone on the planet now knows the harms of smoking.

not always the case. there are some with abnormal problems.

remind you of any other ailments? like, ohhhh......covid maybe?

dont paint with a broad brush because of politics. Its just not smart.
The issue with anti-vaxxers is that the vast majority of them also refuse to wear masks and follow social distancing. If you refuse to take any precautions from getting sick, you don't deserve help if you get sick.

It's the same for business owners who refuse to take precautions. There were cases where sme repub business owners were poutright refusing to allow their employees to wear masks on the job, and refused to enforce social distancing. Then, when there is an outbreak and they are forced to close their business, they want the taxpayers to bail them out. FUCK THEM. They made the choice to take no precuations and they are the ones who should deal with it. Not only that, but any business owner who tries to prevent their employees from taking precautions, or punishes them for doing so, should be forced to cover 100% of their employees medical bills if they get COVID on the job. An it should have to be completely out of the business owner's pocket, their business insurance shouldn't have to pay a single penny.

It's like getting hurt in a car accidently because you refuse to wear seatbelts. If the insurance company can prove that a seatbelt would have prevented injury, they can refuse to cover you.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back