Free willy dies of pneumonia

I read this yesterday, very sad. Poor whale didn't know which way was up after so many years in captivity.

Now this is just too sad for me! I guess I am just too much of an animal lover!!!! :(

I read this last night and told Jim that it made me sad. It's never easy to see death, especially when you think there was/is something that could have been done to prevent it. It makes me more determined to protect the environment.

Sometimes I just have to stop reading the news.

I agree with you Moi - reading on the capture of Hussein puts a smile on our faces, but the death of a whale, I just can't believe how disturbing I found it. It really is sad, and to think, how many animals are held captive for our pleasure??? Just for instance, the bald eagles, they need to be free, not in cages. It's a shame!

I hope that we have learned from kieko and will never allow this to happen again. too bad we cant have an island somewhere, like jurasic park, only for the animals. not for our safety but for theirs! to keep us away from them..

And it makes you sick knowing there are countries like Norway that delight in Whaling, or Japan, that cuts the fin off of a shark and then releases it, just so some idiot can have a bowl of soup. Meanwhile the shark can't breathe because he can no longer swim, sharks need to swim to get oxygen.

This crap needs to end and end NOW !

the folks at greenpeace , I used to think were fanatical fruits, now I am not so sure. a little extreme yes, fruits maybe, fanatical no.

too bad we cant have an island somewhere, like jurasic park, only for the animals.

Yeah, since that worked out so well, right?;)

I'm just kidding, yeah, that would be a nice thing to do, but if you put all the endangered animals on a single island, just think of all the poaching that would go down there.

BTW, I didn't read the article, and don't really choose to. For some reason animals dying, especially at the hands of humans, is really upsetting to me.

Originally posted by jon_forward
I hope that we have learned from kieko and will never allow this to happen again. too bad we cant have an island somewhere, like jurasic park, only for the animals. not for our safety but for theirs! to keep us away from them..
I don't think we need an island. Perhaps if each family took the time to do simple things the earth would be better off. Unfortunately, even the simple things people can do don't get done!

Forum List

Back