Free speech suit aims to end twitters political censorship

Twitter is a privately owned medium and as such can implement whatever restrictions they want.
Fair housing doesn't allow an apartment complex to discriminate because the serve the public.

Libs believe a bakery can be forced to serve a repulsive perversion because they serve the public.

Libs want to have their gay cake and eat it too.

I don't know how they could win such a suit, unless Twitter is somehow classified as a utility.

If Twitter and Facebook want to mimic the Regressive Left and control and punish speech at every opportunity, they can, as private sector companies. They're just a reflection of what's going on in our culture.

"I may not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death my right to shut you down, shut you up, or punish you if I can find a way".
California's got some pretty strange laws. American Renaissance is suing them and using California's laws against them. AmRen started an account with them in the beginning. Since then Twitter has changed policy. But AmRen never agreed to the new policy, so they aren't beholden to it. As such Twitter is obligated to fullfill it's agreement on the original terms. That's the gist of the suit.

:lol:

I read the complaint. It has no basis in law.

But good luck to the White Nationalist movement - I hope they spend all of their money on this suit.
I didn't see where it said anything about white nationalists only where left wingers labeled the suit bringers as that. Twitter though is just like this forum. The owner or operator or his or agents it can control statements made by people using it.

You didn't see where it said anything about white nationalists because Infowars and Breitbart conveniently forgot to include that part.

The suit is being brought by American Renaissance, and its owner Jared Taylor.

It and he are both openly white nationalist.

Twitter is a privately owned medium and as such can implement whatever restrictions they want.
Not after they accept terms of agreement...

Go read those terms of agreement.

You'll see something along the lines of "Twitter reserves the right to cancel accounts and refuse services to anyone for any reason..."

But good luck to the White Nationalist movement - I hope they spend all of their money on this suit.

Do you have their phone number?

Whose phone number?

Jared Taylor?

No, but I'm sure he's in the book, if you want to get in touch with him.
White Nationalist headquarters or office phone number.

Nope, but again, I'm sure they're in the book.

Want to exchange anti-Muslim propaganda with them?

I didn't see where it said anything about white nationalists only where left wingers labeled the suit bringers as that. Twitter though is just like this forum. The owner or operator or his or agents it can control statements made by people using it.

You didn't see where it said anything about white nationalists because Infowars and Breitbart conveniently forgot to include that part.

Yep. But his content fell squarely within the terms of service. So they changed the terms; we didn't agree... California law may very well hold Twitter to the original terms of service. Rewriting terms of service for the purposes of discrimination violates California law. And yes... I have donated money to this suit, before anyone asks.

Last edited:

Whose phone number?

Jared Taylor?

Why bring that up? That is a real problem.

Whose phone number?

Jared Taylor?

Why bring that up? That is a real problem.

Why are you so determined to get in touch with white nationalists?

With all the other racial identity groups out there I don't really get up set over it. If true, so what? It's like the NAACP suing to stop blacks from being discriminated against. Or La Raza suing over redistricting that changes who represents them.

Not after they accept terms of agreement...

Go read those terms of agreement.

You'll see something along the lines of "Twitter reserves the right to cancel accounts and refuse services to anyone for any reason..."
The lawyers did. And we have some of the best. Believe me; if there weren't a bonafide chink in twitters armor... We wouldn't be dropping the hammer on them.

Forum List

Back