Free Public College?

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh

I read a lot of Leftists who want to make Community Colleges, and four-year state colleges "free." Fine. But make them academically competitive, or the degrees will be relatively worthless.

And using QPA as a criterion is bullshit. In many of today's public schools - especially in the Ghetto - you get a B if you don't assault the teacher. Use a quantitative test, many of which exist already.

I would even pay a dedicated surtax to implement this program. As long as it is academically competitive. Merit, not demographics.

I read a lot of Leftists who want to make Community Colleges, and four-year state colleges "free." Fine. But make them academically competitive, or the degrees will be relatively worthless.

And using QPA as a criterion is bullshit. In many of today's public schools - especially in the Ghetto - you get a B if you don't assault the teacher. Use a quantitative test, many of which exist already.

I would even pay a dedicated surtax to implement this program. As long as it is academically competitive. Merit, not demographics.

They want to take stupid jack-off "courses" that are impossible to fail, and they want me to pay for it.

Fuck that.

Community College and tech school is free to all residents in TN and it is working out pretty good.
You have to be here for a certain number of years to receive it though.
I dont understand why there isnt an age limit though. Why the hell we gonna pay for a 70 year old to learn how to weld? :dunno:

Absolutely.

For example, the City College of New York had been tuition-free, but HIGHLY competitive. Only the best and brightest were awarded a slot, and its nickname was “The Poor Man’s Harvard.” Blacks and whites, Jews and gentiles - all were welcome, IF they qualified.

I fully support this, and believe America should pay the college expenses of the very top students - say, those scoring in the top 1% or 2% of the SATs - if they are from poor families. They have already demonstrated that they are high achievers, despite the disadvantages of coming from poor homes, and will be successful in college and ultimately in a career.

As long as the teachers and administrators are working for free, go for it, but i dont want 1 dollar of my taxes going to the FREE shit.

I might go for it if only STEM courses are eligible.....No social warrior DIE crap.....They are on the hook for those.

Same with the trade schools.....We need more electricians, plumbers, and those that can keep high-tech robotics working than we need social workers.....We might even get corporations pay for a large chunk of it like when Community Collages first started.....Dupont paid the tuition for a lot of folks in my AO and then hired them. They did well.

Here's a idea, jack-up the prices for chi-com and other foreign students four-fold (or whatever it takes) to pay for it.....Make no exceptions.

Indeed.....If those countries want their youth to be educated here and then carry their knowledge back to their homeland then they can damn well pay for it.

I might go for it if only STEM courses are eligible.....No social warrior DIE crap.....They are on the hook for those.

Same with the trade schools.....We need more electricians, plumbers, and those that can keep high-tech robotics working than we need social workers.....We might even get corporations pay for a large chunk of it like when Community Collages first started.....Dupont paid the tuition for a lot of folks in my AO and then hired them. They did well.

Here's a idea, jack-up the prices for chi-com and other foreign students four-fold (or whatever it takes) to pay for it.....Make no exceptions.

Indeed.....If those countries want their youth to be educated here and then carry their knowledge back to their homeland then they can damn well pay for it.
How about jacking up the prices for useless majors and lowering it for productive majors? You want to major in Ethnic Studies? Fine…..$30,000 a year tuition. You want to major in Civil Engineering? It will be $10,000 a year.

This way, we discourage kids from majoring in useless degrees and ending up in debt they can’t repay, and encourage the smart kids to major in degrees in which they can earn a good living, and be able to pay their loan back.

I don't think the libs would go for making public universities academically competitive. That would make it possible that politically unfavored groups like Honkies, Jews and Orientals would get most of the slots. And with their own constituents looking on from the outside, that shit just would not fly

How about jacking up the prices for useless majors and lowering it for productive majors? You want to major in Ethnic Studies? Fine…..$30,000 a year tuition. You want to major in Civil Engineering? It will be $10,000 a year.

This way, we discourage kids from majoring in useless degrees and ending up in debt they can’t repay, and encourage the smart kids to major in degrees in which they can earn a good living, and be able to pay their loan back.

That's a similar idea as to what I had. I want to make loan officers for the schools to use future prospects to determine how secure a student loan is, and adjust the collateral and cosigner requirements as well as interest rates to account for the risk. My idea is similar because it seeks to push kids away from disciplines like Gender Studies that really don't have a financial future. What does a degree in Gender Studies qualify a young man for anyhow? A job as a towel boy at an LGBTQ+ bathhouse? How much does that job pay.

Community College and tech school is free to all residents in TN and it is working out pretty good.
I dont understand why there isnt an age limit though. Why the hell we gonna pay for a 70 year old to learn how to weld? :dunno:

I think Community College and tech schools should be free to all HS graduates. You should have to show some progress to continue.
They should also offer remedial courses for those who are weak in some subjects

Seniors should attend for free if space is available

I think Community College and tech schools should be free to all HS graduates. You should have to show some progress to continue.
They should also offer remedial courses for those who are weak in some subjects

Seniors should attend for free if space is available

You libs sort of flipflopped on this, no? I remember when you denounced Gov. Sarah Palin for attending community college instead of Harvard or Yale, like community college is 2nd rate at best.

What changed?

It is a Conservative myth that College students are majoring in useless fields
The overwhelming majority major in Business, Healthcare, Education, STEM….

I will also add, that we do not get taxed for this. It comes out of the lottery fund from the state.
Its pretty awesome how they did it.

You libs sort of flipflopped on this, no? I remember when you denounced Gov. Sarah Palin for attending community college instead of Harvard or Yale, like community college is 2nd rate at best.

What changed?

I would rather mock GED Barbie Lauren Boebert

Cash on the barrelhead would dissuade the losers who just can't seem to understand the fact that borrowing money means you must display the will and ability to pay it back.

The leftist losers just don't understand this. They may have signed the loan papers, but in this age of "my truth" vs actual fact, they never actually OWED anybody anything.

Degrees are offered in useless fields, and taxpayers guarantee loans to students pursuing those degrees.

Is that wrong, in you opinion? Regardless of the number of students learning this crapola?

"Free" is one of the most misused words in the English language. Let's call it what it really is, taxpayer funded education. Then let's consider how that is working out in primary and secondary schools.

"Free" is one of the most misused words in the English language. Let's call it what it really is, taxpayer funded education. Then let's consider how that is working out in primary and secondary schools.

No shit sherlock

But SOME are majoring in Ethnic Studies, General Studies, and so forth, and taxpayers should not be on the hook for the tuition for these kids.

Also, re your idea about providing free remedial classes in community colleges for kids deficient in those subjects, how about just keeping them in high school another year until they can master the basics of high school subjects? Otherwise, having a HS diploma is meaningless.

Forum List

Back