Debate Now Free Money?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
I can't really think of any rules right now and I apologize ahead of time if this is already a topic, but considering I wouldn't know what to search for I just have to ask for people in the US with children under the age of eighteen, how do you feel about being paid so much money and not even having to work for it?

I think you need to narrow down your question a little. Are you referring to the child care credit, or deductions on your taxes, or what? Recently people got gov't checks for themselves and their kids, is that what you want to talk about?

• Banned
I think you need to narrow down your question a little. Are you referring to the child care credit, or deductions on your taxes, or what? Recently people got gov't checks for themselves and their kids, is that what you want to talk about?

Yeah, the last thing you said.

Okay, let's call them stimulus checks, I think that's what the pols called them. Which is a misnomer, they do stimulate the economy for a few months but when the money stops then so does the boost to the economy. Gov't spending is a component in the GDP calculation that is supposed to measure economic growth, but it's always temporary unless productivity increases. If you ain't making more stuff but you're increasing the money supply then what you have is inflation; you got more money but you gotta spend more to feed and cloth your family. IOW, you ain't really any better off but the democrats will tell you how great they are for getting you a bigger paycheck. And of course they leave out the part about rising prices and a higher cost of living.

It's a tough nut to crack. As long as you give out more free money, people will take it and do what they will with it. Politically it's considered a bad move to stop giving out more free money, some people tend to vote against you when you do that. It's like driving down the road in a car without any brakes; sooner or later you run out of road, and then what happens? A crash, right? Could be a bad one too. And the kicker is that those kids you're getting free money for are the same ones ho will suffer when the crash eventually comes.

Forum List

Back