Fox News: Jeb Bush Goes Birther On Rubio & Cruz

From the words of the constitution: natural born citizen OR citizen since the founding of the nation, it is pretty clear that this requirement simply states that the President must have been a citizen of the United States for as long as he possibly could have ... meaning ... since his birth or since the founding of the nation ... whichever came later.

The other, separate requirements, are that 1)he be 35 years old and 2) that he has been a resident of the US for at least the past 14 years (i.e. was not an ex patriot in any of the past 14 years).

Yes ... Cruz is eligible.

Yes ... Ann Coulter is an idiot.
The only time a citizen could be president was at the time of the adoption of the Constitution until a first generation natural born citizen was eligible. That would have been Martin Van Buren.

The Constitution does not say that. What do you have that says that?
Read Article 2 Section 1, the presidential clause of the Constitution.

I have. It says precisely what I said it does, and not what you said it does.

What is your interpretation of what "natural born citizen" means in that clause, and why. I've given my analysis, which is rock solid.

From the words of the constitution: natural born citizen OR citizen since the founding of the nation, it is pretty clear that this requirement simply states that the President must have been a citizen of the United States for as long as he possibly could have ... meaning ... since his birth or since the founding of the nation ... whichever came later.

The other, separate requirements, are that 1)he be 35 years old and 2) that he has been a resident of the US for at least the past 14 years (i.e. was not an ex patriot in any of the past 14 years).

Yes ... Cruz is eligible.

Yes ... Ann Coulter is an idiot.
The only time a citizen could be president was at the time of the adoption of the Constitution until a first generation natural born citizen was eligible. That would have been Martin Van Buren.

The Constitution does not say that. What do you have that says that?
Read Article 2 Section 1, the presidential clause of the Constitution.

I have. It says precisely what I said it does, and not what you said it does.

What is your interpretation of what "natural born citizen" means in that clause, and why. I've given my analysis, which is rock solid.
Citizen and natural born Citizen are not the same. You are trying to conflate the two as being the same thing.

If Ted Cruz actually cared about the law he would immediately hold a press conference at which he would announce that because he is not a natural born Citizen he is suspending his campaign. He would explain how the Constitution requires the president to be exclusively 100 percent American from birth on in order to insure that our commander-in-chief not have any lingering loyalties for or allegiance to other nations.
He would also call on fellow ineligible candidates, Bobby Jindal and Marco Rubio to stand down for the good of the country.

Fox News: Jeb Bush Goes Birther; Without 14th Amendment Rubio & Cruz Would Not Be Eligible - Birther Report
You're a complete fucking idiot.
Uh no!

Is there a coincidence that the three you "disqualified" are racial minorities? I think not.

Does Cruz have an allegiance to Canada because he was born there to two American citizens working abroad for an American company?
Cruz wasn't born to two American citizens working abroad for an American company.

If Ted Cruz actually cared about the law he would immediately hold a press conference at which he would announce that because he is not a natural born Citizen he is suspending his campaign. He would explain how the Constitution requires the president to be exclusively 100 percent American from birth on in order to insure that our commander-in-chief not have any lingering loyalties for or allegiance to other nations.
He would also call on fellow ineligible candidates, Bobby Jindal and Marco Rubio to stand down for the good of the country.

Fox News: Jeb Bush Goes Birther; Without 14th Amendment Rubio & Cruz Would Not Be Eligible - Birther Report
You're a complete fucking idiot.
Uh no!

Is there a coincidence that the three you "disqualified" are racial minorities? I think not.

Does Cruz have an allegiance to Canada because he was born there to two American citizens working abroad for an American company?
Cruz's dad did not become a citizen until 2005.

True and was a citizen of Canada. My bad.

However, Cruz himself is a natural born citizen by virtue of his mother being a citizen. Also, one must consider that he has lived in the US since age 4.
Cruz's dad wasn't a citizen of Canada either. He was an immigrant from Cuba.

McCarren-Walter Act otherwise known as the immigration and nationality act 1952.

Derived-Citizenship-for-Ted-Cruz-e1357749856368.jpg

Cruz meets these requirements.

His mother spent more than 10 years in the US, a US citizen, married to her husband, and he was born in 1970.

McCarren-Walter Act otherwise known as the immigration and nationality act 1952.

His mother spent more than 10 years in the US, a US citizen, married to her husband, and he was born in 1970.
That makes Cruz a statutory Citizen. A statutory citizen (bestowed by mans pen) can never be made into a natural born citizen (bestowed by God/nature).

That makes Cruz a statutory Citizen. A statutory citizen (bestowed by mans pen) can never be made into a natural born citizen (bestowed by God/nature).

How does nature bestow citizenship on a person? How does God bestow citizenship on a person?

I'm intrigued

No. Cruz did not become a citizen by pen. He was never naturalized.

For years I was inclined to agree with you. However, no matter how you or I feel about it. This is the final word on the subject.

On the Meaning of “Natural Born Citizen”

Cruz is eligible to be president.

How does nature bestow citizenship on a person? How does God bestow citizenship on a person?

I'm intrigued
Through natural law. Not positive law which makes Cruz a statutory citizen.

No. Cruz did not become a citizen by pen. He was never naturalized.

For years I was inclined to agree with you. However, no matter how you or I feel about it. This is the final word on the subject.

On the Meaning of “Natural Born Citizen”

Cruz is eligible to be president.
No. The Harvard law review wrote that to cover for Cruz's ineligibility.

I'm intrigued

Does it matter? He's eligible to be president.

The 14th Amendment says that those who are born in the US or who are naturalized are citizens. It doesn't say anything about other situations. It's a positive clause, it's not exclusive. If it's not covered by the 14th Amendment then it can be covered by laws. Which in this case Cruz is.

Article 2 Section 1 Clause 5 says that a person needs to be "natural born", seeing as Cruz's mother was American, he clearly was naturally born an American.

I'm intrigued

Does it matter? He's eligible to be president.

The 14th Amendment says that those who are born in the US or who are naturalized are citizens. It doesn't say anything about other situations. It's a positive clause, it's not exclusive. If it's not covered by the 14th Amendment then it can be covered by laws. Which in this case Cruz is.

Article 2 Section 1 Clause 5 says that a person needs to be "natural born", seeing as Cruz's mother was American, he clearly was naturally born an American.
No. You are conflating citizen with natural born citizen. Cruz was never born within the jurisdiction of the U.S.

Forum List

Back