FOX News is talking about how government needs to plan the reopening of the economy...

They plotted to destroy the capitalist economy by overloading the public welfare system with too many recipients. It never happened.

They plotted to destroy the capitalist economy through over-regulation and carbon taxes to save the world from Global Warming. It never happened.

Now, out of nowhere -- Covid-19 appears and the plan is finally implemented.

Why such "gloom & doom" when they are planning to restart the economy and get back to normal???

We should be applauding! Open it up ASAP!! With mitigation measures of course.

One thing I have a little apprehension about is when people start receiving their coronavirus funds, they're going to go nuts after spending so much time in lockup.

You give me a dollar and the first thing I want to do is go somewhere and spend it. I hope that doesn't cause another spike of outbreaks, but we'll see.

Don't look for anything to happen other than extending the closure. Unless we get to test most of the population. Even when people do go back things are going to be different. Less people eating out(a good thing perhaps), less trips to stores, more people continuing to work from home(a good thing), people working wearing masks and gloves. Things are going to look different big time. Less human interaction in general. Again these things aren't necessarily bad.

Why such "gloom & doom" when they are planning to restart the economy and get back to normal???

One thing I have a little apprehension about is when people start receiving their coronavirus funds, they're going to go nuts after spending so much time in lockup.

You give me a dollar and the first thing I want to do is go somewhere and spend it. I hope that doesn't cause another spike of outbreaks, but we'll see.

Perceptive.....very possible.

A task force is or has already been formed to plan the re-opening of the economy.

What would you do?

Perceptive.....very possible.

Understanding human nature is pretty easy when you've been a human as long as I have.
:04:

A task force is or has already been formed to plan the re-opening of the economy.

What would you do?
May 1, 2020: Keep these closed, until Phase-2:
All Cruises, all bars, except outdoor bars with social distancing
All stadiums, ball parks, concerts, church services, political rallies, all "crowds" over 10-people

Limited reopen with "Mitigation Measures" still in-place:
All stores & businesses, with "guards" checking temperatures before entering, masks are required when moving
Restaurants, reservations required, temperature checks, with social distancing spacing, ideally outdoor
Golf courses (no bars)
Airlines with temperature checks and masks required

July 1, 2020: Everything back to normal, except masks must be worn when around others, such as at stadiums

When vaccine is available: Back to normal, no masks required.

People are supposed to spend the money in the economy, 70% of the US economy is poor with credit spending.

Don't look for anything to happen other than extending the closure. Unless we get to test most of the population. Even when people do go back things are going to be different. Less people eating out(a good thing perhaps), less trips to stores, more people continuing to work from home(a good thing), people working wearing masks and gloves. Things are going to look different big time. Less human interaction in general. Again these things aren't necessarily bad.

All because asswipePINO did a bang up job!

People are supposed to spend the money in the economy, 70% of the US economy is poor with credit spending.

Well I'm going to spend mine on the economy. My local gun shop probably doesn't really need the business, but oh well.

They have had a committee studying how we should leave Afghanistan too, but we are still there, If they form a committee to figure out how to open America back up, it will nt happen anytime soon. Trump should just flip the switch and declare America is open for business starting tomorrow

Well I'm going to spend mine on the economy. My local gun shop probably doesn't really need the business, but oh well.

Sounds good.

They have had a committee studying how we should leave Afghanistan too, but we are still there, If they form a committee to figure out how to open America back up, it will nt happen anytime soon. Trump should just flip the switch and declare America is open for business starting tomorrow

We should also send old people back to work to sacrifice themselves for the economy. Hey look, I'm the Lt. Governor of Texas!

Having graduated in 69, in the midst of the drug explosion, my predictable solution is to bomb this virus with drugs even if the midget doesn't approve. Then we have to get serious about creating and manufacturing more drugs and tests. Test everything and start opening up this economy immediately. There are areas and occupations that can be safely opened right now. Do it. Concentrate testing on places of employment that may be a little more risky so better decisions can be made about when and how to open them up. Maybe even start giving some groups hydroxychloroquine for prophylactic purposes. Figure out how to reign in some of the alarmist Governors and big city mayors who have expanded shut downs to ridiculous levels. But most important of all, get moving quickly.

We should also send old people back to work to sacrifice themselves for the economy. Hey look, I'm the Lt. Governor of Texas!
Actually it should be their decision and not some political hack.

What would you do?

Everyone MUST be tested.
Right and those found to be infected with the virus should be taken to quarantine camps until they are either dead or virus free.....I bet you are for digital imp;ants that state you have had your inoculation before you can do anything in society

Forum List

Back