Fox news : Everyone I spoke to at occupy DC said they were voting for Ron Paul?

Deregulation caused this mess.

To pretend it didnt is how you guys opperate

Wrong. It was an amalgamation of problems that caused this mess. Deregulation being one of the least. Idiotic Americans being the biggest problem.

Take the BP oil spill as an example. We had all of the regulation imaginable to prevent that disaster, but it was because the regulation was being ignored by the government watchdogs that it still happened. Regulation is meaningless if it's not enforced.

And come on, if someone is going to make a major purchase like buying a house, you would think that they would do just the tiniest bit of research on the different types of loans. But because the American people were more concerned with living like kings on wages that couldn't support it, and have the financial IQ of a gnat, they all went belly up.

Add on top of that the securities trading, gas prices, outsourcing, the value of the dollar, and more issues that I can't think of right now, and THAT'S why we're in this mess. If you think regulation that never would have been enforced would have prevented all that, then I suggest you take time from arguing unsupported talking points and go do some research on the current recession and what got us here.

Ahahahaha....Wait, supporting Ron Paul doesnt fit into the "OWS is paid for by the Unions, Van Jones, Obama, Soros, the Boogey Man etc" does it? lol

Nah. That's BS. There's more crossover between the original TP and OWS than a lot of people here think, but they're not ALL Ron Paul supporters. That's crazy talk.

Why would a fox news reporter make this claim if it wasn't true? I hope you are right, but it's hard to believe.

Wrong. It was an amalgamation of problems that caused this mess. Deregulation being one of the least. Idiotic Americans being the biggest problem.

Take the BP oil spill as an example. We had all of the regulation imaginable to prevent that disaster, but it was because the regulation was being ignored by the government watchdogs that it still happened. Regulation is meaningless if it's not enforced.

And come on, if someone is going to make a major purchase like buying a house, you would think that they would do just the tiniest bit of research on the different types of loans. But because the American people were more concerned with living like kings on wages that couldn't support it, and have the financial IQ of a gnat, they all went belly up.

Add on top of that the securities trading, gas prices, outsourcing, the value of the dollar, and more issues that I can't think of right now, and THAT'S why we're in this mess. If you think regulation that never would have been enforced would have prevented all that, then I suggest you take time from arguing unsupported talking points and go do some research on the current recession and what got us here.

Deregulation caused it.

There would have been NO hosuing bubble if the banks were not allowed to repackage these loans and troll them into securities that had been perfectly safe in the past.

The broker rules were held up by the Bush SEC so that banks could hire and train anyone they wanted to as a broker.

Most people in the world were unaware that the rules had NOT BEEN IMPLIMENTED by the Bush SEC.

The brokers were trained well enought ot sell the securities but not well enough to know what was really in them.

Tell us everything you know about the broker rules ?

They are all voting for Ron Paul? Where is the love for Herman Cain? How is this even possible?
2961175776_b341ca0fc5.jpg

As usual, FAUX Noise is.....and, has always BEEN.......

Thats fine.

i hope people vote for Paul if thats who they believe in.

Paul wants to aid the very people who created this mess but people can vote for whoever they want to.

The idea of this whole thing is to send a message to the monied interests that the people are done jsut sitting back and watching their country be bought out from under neath them.

53% of republicans think taxes on the rich should be raised.

The republican party is not interested in what the republican voter wants.

They are doing the bidding of the people like the Koch brothers instead of the majority of their own voters.

That whoudl tell you how much they value voters in this country

Paul wants to aid the people who created this mess? I have a feeling that's made up

He wants DEREGULATION.

that will only give the people like the Kochs and the Waltons HUGE power over the market.

i.e. Porky Limbaugh's base.

Phil Gramm
BUSTED
!!!!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKKvMJeBBSA]Q&A: Leslie & Andrew Cockburn - YouTube[/ame]​

Deregulation caused this mess

And that sums up the way you think...or should I say, the way you hope others will think for you. Sad really. Oh, and complete bullshit as the amount of regulations, local and national, across all industries, has increased steadily over the last 40+ years and dramatically over the last 10. When governments meddle, shit goes bad...every time.

Flat wages is a huge issue here, thus all the "Greed" signs. While those who set wages made a tons of money as wages were basically flat enough to fall behind inflation, they are a major target of the OWS.
Someone in an earlier post said the anger is mostly against government, talk about being off base. Private enterprise sets the wage standard, not government. Government just spreads it's cheeks and asks,,"what more can we do for you Big Money?"

Deregulation caused this mess

And that sums up the way you think...or should I say, the way you hope others will think for you. Sad really. Oh, and complete bullshit as the amount of regulations, local and national, across all industries, has increased steadily over the last 40+ years and dramatically over the last 10. When governments meddle, shit goes bad...every time.

Well consider this, Canada really didn't suffer from the bank and credit meltdown, why? Because of their regulations that are enforced.

Due North: Canada’s Marvelous Mortgage and Banking System

Bottom Line: Taken together, the features and regulations of banks in Canada outlined above create a healthy and sound “pro-lender” environment absent of political motivations for outcomes like greater homeownership, compared to the often politically motivated “pro-borrower” and “pro-homeowner” policies of the United States. While Canada’s banking system has promoted responsible borrowing and prudent lending and underwriting practices with little politically motivated interference, the U.S. banking system seems to have encouraged excessive lending to risky borrowers because of the political obsession with homeownership.

Due North: Canada

Look at the following chart! And some people want less regulations on the financial sector!

9-9-9=a higher tax ratio of the midle class's income that goes to taxes than the wealthy.
Yes, they all pay 9% in income taxes, but the sales tax is the killer for the middlle class and the poor as those groups spend a higher percentage of their expendable income on necessities like food, utilities, energy, education, medical needs; etc, than the upper percentile. That equals a higher overall tax rate.

Forum List

Back