Fox Grooming a Replacement for Governor Mike?

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
As even those who profess to hate Fox know, Mike Huckabee had a weekly show on Fox and resigned when he felt there's a possibility he might seek to run for president again. (Ohmahgawd – an ethical politician!) He didn't want to put Fox in the bind of being accused of officially supporting his campaign.

There was never any doubt about where Mike stood and issues and he made no bones about his support for Christianity. He is, after all, an ordained minister.

We all know, of course, that every single personality supports Governor Mike.

Anyhow, I was quite surprised to see who co-hosted the weekend Fox and Friends – ex-Senator Scott Brown.

How did he day? Okay, I guess. He did shock me about being so open about his personal life and his views were not that surprising. I also wonder is he has what it takes to host a weekly show.

I didn't know Huckabee was an ordained minister. He never made an issue about it or used the term "Rev" like Sharpton. His Fox program was relatively bland in a conservative way. Maybe that's what his audience wanted.

I didn't know Huckabee was an ordained minister. He never made an issue about it or used the term "Rev" like Sharpton. His Fox program was relatively bland in a conservative way. Maybe that's what his audience wanted.

He graduated magna cum laude from Ouachita Baptist University, completing his bachelor's degree in Religion in 2½ years before attending Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Fort Worth, Texas. He dropped out of the seminary after one year in order to take a job in Christian broadcasting

Prior to his political career, he served as pastor at Immanuel Baptist Church in Pine Bluff, Arkansas from 1980 to 1986, and the Beech Street Baptist Church in Texarkana from 1986 to 1992. He started 24-hour television stations in both cities, where he produced documentaries and hosted a program called Positive Alternatives.[10]He encouraged the all-white Immanuel Baptist Church to accept black members in the mid-1980s

Hope that helps.

Have seen Brown on Fox several times. He's got the it for more TV if that's what he wants to do IMO.

Well, he certainly seemed comfortable in front of the camera and didn't seem to be shy of talking about his personal life - or political philosophy. He seems to fit the Fox mold.

I will never vote for a pol who plays shitty music in public.

I will never vote for a pol who plays shitty music in public.

I don't know where you get that but, from what I've seen, he's a more than adequate bassist.

Forum List

Back