Four Presidents had 1 civil lawsuit each entering office. Trump has 75. Could go to a hundred.

What's amusing to me, R-Derp is that you can't seem to grasp how many of those lawsuits were dredged up against Trump while he was running for President were nothing more than attempts at a political smear. Most will vanish now because quite frankly...they only existed to try and derail Trump.

John Dean: Can Trump survive the lawsuits against him?

Four presidents have been forced to deal with civil lawsuits which they carried into the Oval Office: Theodore Roosevelt, Harry Truman, John Kennedy and Bill Clinton.

Clinton vs. Jones went all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court, which unanimously (9-0) held in May 1997 that a sitting president has no immunity from civil litigation involving actions undertaken before entering office.

Finally, Trump has a solid reputation as a liar. For example, The Washington Post ran a story during the campaign about how in a 2007 lawsuit deposition he was caught in some 30 lies. Also during the campaign, Newsweek reported on his lie after lie after lie. Trump clearly outpaced his opponents during the campaign with his untruthfulness. But lying as president-elect or president is playing in a very different league.

---------------------------------------------
Trump didn't pay at venues where he held his rallies. He even stiffed these little girls and they have filed a lawsuit against him.

I suspect there will be a lot of lawsuits filed before his inauguration during the month of January.
Can you imagine how many times we will get to see him in court? Do you think he will pay off all of them like he did with the 25 million Trump U? Guess we'll see.

You know why you dont have any civil suits against you Rderp ? Brcause you are a poor broke ass bastard that no one cares about.

Now think real hard why Trump woild have so many civil suits?

Could it be just maybe, he is rich, famous and hurt itsy bitsy peoples feelings?

Let me see. Romney was rich. Bush was rich. Clinton is rich. How many civil suits did they have out against them?

They have a television show? They arogant ? and Clinton was rich? I thought he was poor when he left the W.H.?

Having a television show matters? Romney is rich, Bush is rich, and Hillary Clinton is rich. Where are all the civil suits?

I'm sure a few of Romney's corporations have had law suits. There was likely a suit or 2 filed against Bush's oil and sports interests. hillary? nope never done shit...

I'm amused at R-Derp's knee jerk posting of anti Trump strings...like he can somehow prevent the "unthinkable" from happening and make Hillary President. Sorry, little buddy but that isn't happening.

As for why Trump has lawsuits brought against him? Willie Sutton the famous bank robber was asked why he robbed banks...to which he replied "That's where the money is." Rich people and big corporations get sued a lot. Poor people and little Mom & Pop shops don't. Why? For the same reason Willie gave...it's where the money is!
Frivolous lawsuits have a name.

Dismissed.

Trump's aren't dismissed.

But it was a good try.

Next!

Actually, most of them have been. Next?
Not true. The current 75 are the ones left over.

I'm amused at R-Derp's knee jerk posting of anti Trump strings...like he can somehow prevent the "unthinkable" from happening and make Hillary President. Sorry, little buddy but that isn't happening.

As for why Trump has lawsuits brought against him? Willie Sutton the famous bank robber was asked why he robbed banks...to which he replied "That's where the money is." Rich people and big corporations get sued a lot. Poor people and little Mom & Pop shops don't. Why? For the same reason Willie gave...it's where the money is!

Dismissed.

But it was a good try.

Next!

On a percentage basis, R-Derp...how many of those do you think will magically disappear now that Trump has won?

Dismissed.

But it was a good try.

Next!

On a percentage basis, R-Derp...how many of those do you think will magically disappear now that Trump has won?
One magically disapeared and all it cost him was $25,000,000.00

Four presidents have been forced to deal with civil lawsuits which they carried into the Oval Office: Theodore Roosevelt, Harry Truman, John Kennedy and Bill Clinton.

Clinton vs. Jones went all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court, which unanimously (9-0) held in May 1997 that a sitting president has no immunity from civil litigation involving actions undertaken before entering office.

Finally, Trump has a solid reputation as a liar. For example, The Washington Post ran a story during the campaign about how in a 2007 lawsuit deposition he was caught in some 30 lies. Also during the campaign, Newsweek reported on his lie after lie after lie. Trump clearly outpaced his opponents during the campaign with his untruthfulness. But lying as president-elect or president is playing in a very different league.

Trump didn't pay at venues where he held his rallies. He even stiffed these little girls and they have filed a lawsuit against him.

I suspect there will be a lot of lawsuits filed before his inauguration during the month of January.
Can you imagine how many times we will get to see him in court? Do you think he will pay off all of them like he did with the 25 million Trump U? Guess we'll see.

I think it's more than 75, more like 3500. Trump will probably end up spending more time in a court room, than the Oval office. His life has always been sue or be sued.

This is such an rdean thread....its like a walking stereotype.

I think it's more than 75, more like 3500. Trump will probably end up spending more time in a court room, than the Oval office. His life has always been sue or be sued.

It will be interesting to see how many "law suits" are from whiny little progressives who can't get over Hillary's loss and think that they can somehow derail a Trump Presidency by filing nuisance suits. I'm guessing from what I'm seeing from people like you now...that number will be high. That doesn't say anything about Donald Trump however but says VOLUMES about you and liberals like you!

Only 1 has ever been 'dragged into court' / been forced to testify in a civil suit against them during their Presidency...

It's nothing more than a legal variation of the protest marches that Michael Moore is calling for to disrupt Trump being sworn in. You people lost but you don't have the class to accept that fact so you're going to do everything you can to make life miserable for everyone else. It's what things like Occupy Wall Street and Black Lives Matter are all about. It's "we didn't get what WE wanted...so we're going to shit in YOUR corn flakes!" taken to the court room.

You know why you dont have any civil suits against you Rderp ? Brcause you are a poor broke ass bastard that no one cares about.

Could it be just maybe, he is rich, famous and hurt itsy bitsy peoples feelings?

It's pitiful when right wingers see lawsuits as a sign of success. I seem them as a sign of wrongdoing.

It's pitiful when right wingers see lawsuits as a sign of success. I seem them as a sign of wrongdoing.

What's pitiful, R-Derp...is that you've been reduced to strings like this one! I see that as a sign of even greater desperation than normal from you...and that's saying something!

What's pitiful, R-Derp...is that you've been reduced to strings like this one! I see that as a sign of even greater desperation than normal from you...and that's saying something!

So you see lawsuits as a sign of success?

Anyone who does business in the United States sees lawsuits as reality not a sign of success. We're a litigious society with one lawyer for every 300 people. Your belief that Trump is a bad person because his companies get sued is just plain stupid. I've been sued multiple times and I've never run a business with more than several hundred employees.

As for WHO lawyers go after? Successful people and companies are a target for lawsuits...unsuccessful people and broke companies are not. Don't believe me? Try and get a lawyer to take your case if you want to sue someone with no money!

Forum List

Back