Four people including Balwin facing charges.

Baldwins family will have to live with the shame of Alec's crime.
Maybe they get to visit him in prison.

Of course they do, and Baldwin certainly does. He has been in several movies with weapons being fired.
I can assure you a whole bunch of people have never handled a gun and/or have never had any kind of training in gun safety. The left's war against the NRA has further hindered their ability to reach out and provide that kind of training on a large scale.

I can assure you a whole bunch of people have never handled a gun and/or have never had any kind of training in gun safety. The left's war against the NRA has further hindered their ability to reach out and provide that kind of training on a large scale.
Granted, Dimmers have no common sense. But Baldwin is well versed in gun safety and knows better than to point any weapon at someone, even after checking it.

Granted, Dimmers have no common sense. But Baldwin is well versed in gun safety and knows better than to point any weapon at someone, even after checking it.
I don't know Alec Baldwin at all other than I have appreciated him in several good roles and I don't appreciate his politics. So maybe he knew better. Or not. I honestly do not think he intended to harm anyone though.

I don't know Alec Baldwin at all other than I have appreciated him in several good roles and I don't appreciate his politics. So maybe he knew better. Or not. I honestly do not think he intended to harm anyone though.
Likely he didn't intend to harm anyone, and there is a term for unintentional murder.

He was in "3:10 to Yuma" a big budget Western. He was thoroughly trained on how to handle a firearm on that set. I've said this is negligence, not malice.

He was in "3:10 to Yuma" a big budget Western. He was thoroughly trained on how to handle a firearm on that set. I've said this is negligence, not malice.
Also used weapons in Miami Blues, Red October, The Getaway, The Juror, The Edge, Thick as Thieves, and the Mission Impossibles he was in.....those are just the ones I have seen.

Also used weapons in Miami Blues, Red October, The Getaway, The Juror, The Edge, Thick as Thieves, and the Mission Impossibles he was in.....those are just the ones I have seen.
Always using other than live ammunition. You point a gun at somebody and shoot and nothing happens to that somebody and that's what you expect. I can see how somebody could get pretty complacent. I just think it was a tragic accident at least on the part of Baldwin and not criminal or even gross negligence--I don't know about the person who put the live ammo in the gun. I certainly have no motive to defend Alec Baldwin. I could be wrong. I don't know. I just think when there is so much deliberate crime in the world, in this country that law enforcement should be focused on, prosecuting somebody for a tragic accident should not be anybody's priority. So let's just agree to disagree okay?

Last edited:
As I posted to jbronson, I don't know. I don't know that it was even negligence. He has been in many films involving firearms but they never use live ammo and in my mind he had no reasonable reason to believe/think/suspect there was live ammo in that gun. In the movies you point and shoot with full confidence you aren't going to injure or kill anybody. It just seems reasonable that was the situation here. Who knows what the conversation was at that point or why he pulled the trigger that day. I don't even like Baldwin personally and I certainly have no motive to defend him, but I just think this was a tragic accident on the part of Baldwin. Not a criminal act. Not even gross negligence considering the situation.

Now whoever put the live ammo in that gun that day might be guilty of gross negligence or worse. I don't know. I am trained not to ever point a weapon, loaded or unloaded, at any living thing I don't intend to shoot. Movie actors do that all the time as part of their job.

I just wish there was more focus and effort to go after people who deliberately do crime.

Always using other than live ammunition. You point a gun at somebody and shoot and nothing happens to that somebody and that's what you expect. I can see how somebody could get pretty complacent. I just think it was a tragic accident at least on the part of Baldwin and not criminal or even gross negligence--I don't know about the person who put the live ammo in the gun. I certainly have no motive to defend Alec Baldwin. I could be wrong. I don't know. I just think when there is so much deliberate crime in the world, in this country that law enforcement should be focused on, prosecuting somebody for a tragic accident should not be anybody's priority. So let's just agree to disagree okay?
There have been accidents, at least one fatal, with weapons and blanks before too. Anytime a weapon is handed to someone they are responsible for checking it, even if its already been checked 20 times. Simple as that.

There have been accidents, at least one fatal, with weapons and blanks before too. Anytime a weapon is handed to someone they are responsible for checking it, even if its already been checked 20 times. Simple as that.
Again we can agree to disagree. You see certain of his guilt. I am not certain at all. I don't know what the rules or customs about that are on a movie set or whether what you and I would do is the norm. I just know that live ammo isn't used and actors who pretend to be shooting know that that they really aren't.

We probably aren't going to agree on this one. :)

Again we can agree to disagree. You see certain of his guilt. I am not certain at all. I don't know what the rules or customs about that are on a movie set or whether what you and I would do is the norm. I just know that live ammo isn't used and actors who pretend to be shooting know that that they really aren't.

Plus he was one of the producers on this movie....no responsibility there right??

There's no doubt that he fired the gun. There's no doubt that he failed to check the chamber of the gun to ensure it was not loaded with a live round.

There's no custom anywhere which relieves the shooter from being responsible for the safe use of a firearm.

Forum List

Back