Four GOP Senate Seats Still In Toss-Up: 240+ Safe Democratic Electoral Votes 12/19/2019

The Stock Market is skyrocketing, the unemployment rate is at historical lows: And apparently Trump is more deeply hated or mistrusted than anyone would have thought--especially in 2016. The House became famously Democrat controlled, even created an Impeachment consensus: In the face of what should be clear sailing for the RNC. Trump says Pelosi hates Republicans. Mostly, USA overall hates Republicans.

2020 Senate Election Interactive Map

For one thing, the Trump economy is an illusion built on Federal Deficit spending from the Tax Cuts. The money did not go into the market place. It went into the stock market place: With billionaires not entirely known to be buying more food this year than last year. The only one I know--Tim Boyle (Columbia Sportswear) --in fact is not even that much larger than when he was at university. Really large he should be if the money matters, in fact.

The money did not seem to go to Maine, Colorado, North Carolina, or Arizona: For example. Those Senate seats are toss-up. Kentucky is likely a toss-up. The money didn't go to large sectors of the population, already noted in more than one report. McConnell wins no popularity contests in Kentucky. The Trump/McConnell economy doesn't work in Kentucky.

Food banks and Homelessness are on the rise in California, even. The grim humor of the Impeachment vote is that House Minority leader McCarthy is more or less one of a kind: A Republican from California.

That's actually predictable!

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(So Moses took from Pharaoh the gift of Usury Economics, (Deut 23:19-20). Farming had only been invented a few centuries before. A few centuries subsequent the Moses Atrocity--of the worldwide subjugation gift, Israel intended--New Testament would show Matt 25:14-30, with basis in usury. The Republicans had taken a New Testament remedy, Matt 20:1-16, away from America--The Make Work Pay Refundable Tax Credit--subsequent the 2010 midterms. Money would not be sent to the marketplace. Many call that outcome--over the course of 4,000 years: Deep-seated anti-semitism, instead. Mohammed, allegedly The Prophet, would at least ban Wealth From Riba, (usury), in Koran. some note that Arabs can be good at math(?), or inventive, or something(?)!)

Desperation I see. Dems lose seats in house but still controll. Senate stays the same.

Disagree.

I predict that the Communists will lose in excess of 50 seats in the house. The Senate stays the same, and Trump easily wins reelection.

With their ballot box stuffing expertise? You got to be kidding me

You have a point, but they took 31 seats from Trump districts, all of those will flip back due to the chicanery of the impeachment fraud, so we are only talking 19 actual seats.

Unemployment is down, wages are up, and we have peace and prosperity, so bet on Trump getting re-elected.

With Trump on the ballot the Trump supporters will be out voting en masse. Hell, we aren't even expecting any of those 300,000 to 0 urban district votes in 2020. That said, the 4 toss-up GOP senate seats are:
Sue Collins of ME, she always wins toss-ups, 2020 will be no different
Martha McSally in AZ, Trump should carry her to victory too
Corey Gardner in CO, could be a tough one, we'll see if CO is sick of being blue
Thom Tillis in NC, I'd bet on the Trump voters in NC as well

Don't forget that Doug Jones in AL will lose his seat to the GOP.

So the senate math looks good for the GOP to maintain control of the senate 53-47, with the GOP losing 1 seat, but gaining 1 seat. There is no way that the GOP loses 5 senate seats which is what the dems need to take control.

Voters opposed to Trump will also be voting in larger numbers. We saw that even in deep red states like Louisiana and, Mississippi and Kentucky. In Louisiana, black voters voted in such large numbers that the GOP put in more money to win the Governor's race in Louisiana. The suburbs also were more Democrat. If that is happening in deep red states we can imagine what is happening in swing states.

The trouble with Maine is that the state will be using a ranked voting system. That cost Republicans the one House seat they held.
Arizona is a tossup state in both the Senate race and Presidential race. Also voters in 2018 showed they were capable of splitting tickets. The Republicans easily retained the Governor's office but lost the Senate seat.
Colorado is gone.
North Carolina is a swing state.

Other seats that could be problematic are the Senate seats in Georgia and Texas at both the Presidential and Senate level.

They need 4 seats not 5. The Senate will likely be even closer than it is now.

Trump has no clear record. The federal deficits under Trump are Recession-Level. The White Evangelicals started pocketing the deficit-bucks in the Reagan Administration, Christian Crusade for War! The money needed even in McConnell's Kentucky is not available for those people in Kentucky.

McConnell has the lowest local constituent level approval rating in the Senate, 37% approve v. 50% disapprove. Then Senator Collins is second lowest. 43% approve v. 49% disapprove. Trump is at least worst of all: 40% approve, 54% disapprove. Collins even voted for Kavanaugh--not too well-received in Maine. Guess who nominated that fellow(?).

Contrast Senator Jones in Alabama: 41% approve and 36% disapprove. Many might see a veritable saint marching in--up against more red devils than likely Alabama knew it had. Everyone recalls that last one he was up against.

'Tis the season to get back to normal--even though that includes, now: Climate Disasters, the working homeless population on the increase--and visible to Hollywood, a problem in Los Angeles. Then it's back to wondering what the giant corporate farms did with all the federal bail-out bucks, Needed in the Trump Economy. More disaster for family farmers. Senator Ernst is not your Midwestern Senator Amy Klobuchar, for example: According to the local approval ratings.

Trump has no clear record--except more tax cuts, facing a Recession(?)! He can't pay his own debts, even--he himself incurred.

(And actually Clinton was working for Democrats in Arizona--when she should have working for Democrats in Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania!)

There is a set percentage of the American people, around 40%, that are steadfast trump supporters. There's just about the same that are steadfast trump haters. The remaining 20% don't like Trump, but don't absolutely hate him.

Who wins the 2020 election and any subsequent changes in the senate entirely depends on who the Democrats run.

If the Dems nominate a moderate, Trump will be gone and the Senate with him. If they nominate a radical, it'll scare the independents and trump will win.

The Stock Market is skyrocketing, the unemployment rate is at historical lows: And apparently Trump is more deeply hated or mistrusted than anyone would have thought--especially in 2016. The House became famously Democrat controlled, even created an Impeachment consensus: In the face of what should be clear sailing for the RNC. Trump says Pelosi hates Republicans. Mostly, USA overall hates Republicans.

2020 Senate Election Interactive Map

For one thing, the Trump economy is an illusion built on Federal Deficit spending from the Tax Cuts. The money did not go into the market place. It went into the stock market place: With billionaires not entirely known to be buying more food this year than last year. The only one I know--Tim Boyle (Columbia Sportswear) --in fact is not even that much larger than when he was at university. Really large he should be if the money matters, in fact.

The money did not seem to go to Maine, Colorado, North Carolina, or Arizona: For example. Those Senate seats are toss-up. Kentucky is likely a toss-up. The money didn't go to large sectors of the population, already noted in more than one report. McConnell wins no popularity contests in Kentucky. The Trump/McConnell economy doesn't work in Kentucky.

Food banks and Homelessness are on the rise in California, even. The grim humor of the Impeachment vote is that House Minority leader McCarthy is more or less one of a kind: A Republican from California.

That's actually predictable!

(So Moses took from Pharaoh the gift of Usury Economics, (Deut 23:19-20). Farming had only been invented a few centuries before. A few centuries subsequent the Moses Atrocity--of the worldwide subjugation gift, Israel intended--New Testament would show Matt 25:14-30, with basis in usury. The Republicans had taken a New Testament remedy, Matt 20:1-16, away from America--The Make Work Pay Refundable Tax Credit--subsequent the 2010 midterms. Money would not be sent to the marketplace. Many call that outcome--over the course of 4,000 years: Deep-seated anti-semitism, instead. Mohammed, allegedly The Prophet, would at least ban Wealth From Riba, (usury), in Koran. some note that Arabs can be good at math(?), or inventive, or something(?)!)

Desperation I see. Dems lose seats in house but still controll. Senate stays the same.

Disagree.

I predict that the Communists will lose in excess of 50 seats in the house. The Senate stays the same, and Trump easily wins reelection.

With their ballot box stuffing expertise? You got to be kidding me

You have a point, but they took 31 seats from Trump districts, all of those will flip back due to the chicanery of the impeachment fraud, so we are only talking 19 actual seats.

They may lose a lot.

There is a set percentage of the American people, around 40%, that are steadfast trump supporters. There's just about the same that are steadfast trump haters. The remaining 20% don't like Trump, but don't absolutely hate him.

Who wins the 2020 election and any subsequent changes in the senate entirely depends on who the Democrats run.

If the Dems nominate a moderate, Trump will be gone and the Senate with him. If they nominate a radical, it'll scare the independents and trump will win.

If the economy stays good, it won't matter who the dems nominate. Theyll lose.

All kinds of officials count the votes at the polls. In any state, they are variously certified, even.

The recent trends of the voting then get reflected, even in opinion polling. Those polls predicted a Clinton popular vote win in 2016. That happened, too.

It is simply to the matter: That it still hasn't stopped happening. Most recently the outcome was shown in Articles of Impeachment vote in the House. The Republicans didn't win.

"Crow, James Crow; Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Any alternative can be said to be the Conservative, Old, Wrong Ways Instead!)

Those polls predicted a Clinton popular vote win in 2016.

They also predicted a Clinton EV win in 2016.

The loss of D seats in the census due to internal capital flight is speeding up and may create a 20 year shortfall for the Ds.

Not really. The problem is that the GOP is in a demographic death spiral. Former Republican Representative Charlie Dent said this.
“It’s pretty clear to me that that many Republicans, particularly Republican leaders, they’ve gone full in with Donald Trump,” said Dent. “They see it to their advantage to be closely embracing him. I think by so fully embracing Trumpism, though, they’re creating problems for their own members. Particularly in the suburbs. Trumpism is not playing well [in] the suburbs, and Republicans have been getting wiped out in the suburbs.”

The fact is that these states that have seen the growth are more moderate. Virginia has picked up House seats and is now a light blue state. North Carolina is a swing state. If NC picks up a House seat even Republicans concede it will be a Democrat seat. South Carolina is a red state but it is a 53% red state versus the 60%+ it was in the 80s and 90s. Texas is seeing more of a 2 party system as Democrats make gains in suburban areas. In Arizona, Democrats control 5 of 9 House seats, a Senate seat and won statewide office in 2018 for the first time. Georgia is becoming a swing state.

I would not bet a nickle on the out come of the next presidential election,would feel a lot better about the outcome if everyone put aside their bias & looked at both the pros & cons. My bias will be looking not to support the rich or the poor, looking out for what will best serve the majority, hard working & middle class Americans.

Then again: Trump has no record except for the famous Tweet Storms. . .and that he lies more like a Pathology than a President. "Eenie, Meanie, Miney, Mo," can any more now describe a chant about the Klan at the White House, even(?). . .if rural Christian values are anywhere thought to be getting supported(?).

The rural Trump voters actually paid the actual penalties: For what the Trump Administration really did! The Homeless at work are paying the actual price for what Trump has for a record. The NATO Alliance is even in the process of losing Turkey to the Russians. . . .That long border with the Ukraine, aside.
Trade wars, climate change plunge the family farm into crisis. Is it an endangered American institution?

The "Record of the Fantasies" is all that they have, and no polite way to discuss it!

It is even hard to describe it all as "White," somehow(?)!

(Following Matt 25:14-30: The bottoms are way, way down--urban and rural alike!)

Last edited:
1. It's early, too early to predict with any accuracy, but what the hell:

2. I think the voters are none too pleased with the Dems this time. While many voters really don't much like Trump, they do like the job he's doing with the economy and they don't like the 3-year non-stop obstruction that the Dems are engaged in. Which culminated in the Impeachment saga; voters didn't like it when the GOP did it to Clinton and they don't like what the Dems are doing this time around. The punishment doesn't fit the crime (which they don't have), and their evidence for such a drastic action is insufficient in the minds of many. Plus, they aren't doing much of things they were elected to do, and in my view all of that is going to bite them in the ass.

3. What are the odds the Dems will finally find something really bad that they can conclusively pin on Trump? After 3 years of determined looking, I'd say not good. But what are the odds that Trump is going to say or do something between now and November that turns people off? Let's just say I wouldn't bet against that, but bad enough to cost him the election, against whoever comes out on the Dem side? I'd say not so good, the man has a super big mouth and an even bigger ego and he's probably the best thing the Dems have going for their side.

4. The Durham Report will likely come out somewhere around June maybe, give or take. Nobody knows, but I'd bet it will be very damaging to the Dems, especially if people are indicted. Which I hope to God happens. Plus, other investigations and reports could surface and I'm not seeing anything good coming out for the Dems but a lot of bad news.

5. I think things are going to get ugly next spring and summer as Anti-Fa and other crazies, mostly Lefties, initiate violent confrontations. I think most undecided voters are going to blame the Dems more than the Repubs for the damage done and for their failure to work with Trump and the GOP to get things done over the past 2 years. I'm guessing that many voters will sit the election out, and more of them will be Hillary voters in 2016 than Trump supporters. They won't vote for Trump, but they won't vote for whoever the Dems nominate either, so I see it as a net loss for them.

6. Interesting to see how long Pelosi hangs onto the Articles of Impeachment before sending them onto the Senate. My guess: not very long, the Dems will be doing their own polling and focus groups, so they probably already know that what they're doing is a loser with the voters. So, I think Pelosi will forward the Articles, with the threat that the House will impeach Trump a 2nd time if and when new evidence surfaces. That's her out: "we gotta do stuff for America, but we also gotta defend democracy and the Constitution and ensure free and fair elections without foreign influence. So, we'll impeach the bastard again if the Senate acquits him". Which they will, probably fairly quickly cuz it's a bogus impeachment as it is.

I would not bet a nickle on the out come of the next presidential election,would feel a lot better about the outcome if everyone put aside their bias & looked at both the pros & cons. My bias will be looking not to support the rich or the poor, looking out for what will best serve the majority, hard working & middle class Americans.

Ah good, a Trump voter then.

Ah good, a Trump voter then.

We are usually on the same wave length but I just checked to see if I could find some puts to sell that I am comfortable with. There were three that met my criteria. The market is break dancing like its 1999. I sold puts on just one issue. I am of the opinion that when the hereafter is being discounted I should be careful where I put my money

Unemployment is down, wages are up, and we have peace and prosperity, so bet on Trump getting re-elected.

With Trump on the ballot the Trump supporters will be out voting en masse. Hell, we aren't even expecting any of those 300,000 to 0 urban district votes in 2020. That said, the 4 toss-up GOP senate seats are:
Sue Collins of ME, she always wins toss-ups, 2020 will be no different
Martha McSally in AZ, Trump should carry her to victory too
Corey Gardner in CO, could be a tough one, we'll see if CO is sick of being blue
Thom Tillis in NC, I'd bet on the Trump voters in NC as well

Don't forget that Doug Jones in AL will lose his seat to the GOP.

So the senate math looks good for the GOP to maintain control of the senate 53-47, with the GOP losing 1 seat, but gaining 1 seat. There is no way that the GOP loses 5 senate seats which is what the dems need to take control.

Voters opposed to Trump will also be voting in larger numbers. We saw that even in deep red states like Louisiana and, Mississippi and Kentucky. In Louisiana, black voters voted in such large numbers that the GOP put in more money to win the Governor's race in Louisiana. The suburbs also were more Democrat. If that is happening in deep red states we can imagine what is happening in swing states.

The trouble with Maine is that the state will be using a ranked voting system. That cost Republicans the one House seat they held.
Arizona is a tossup state in both the Senate race and Presidential race. Also voters in 2018 showed they were capable of splitting tickets. The Republicans easily retained the Governor's office but lost the Senate seat.
Colorado is gone.
North Carolina is a swing state.

Other seats that could be problematic are the Senate seats in Georgia and Texas at both the Presidential and Senate level.

They need 4 seats not 5. The Senate will likely be even closer than it is now.
500px-U.S._Vote_for_President_as_Population_Share.png

We both agree that the 2020 election will be "Armageddon" for both sides, even assuming RBG lives that long. Breyer and Thomas are also candidates for retirement.

The 2020 election will be all about defining the other parties' policies. Here are the policies that Trump will be hanging around the democrat nominee:

1. Open borders, tear down the southern border fence/wall
2. Sanctuary cities & states
3. Free college
4. "Medicare for all", aka rationed healthcare, "Lois Lerner" in charge of your access to healthcare
5. Eliminate ICE and DHS, turn the US into the EU, with muslim "no go zones" and Sharia Law
6. Promote Globalism, whatever Wall Street wants Wall Street gets, see K-Street Cash
7. Paris Climate Change Treaty where the US pays $trillions to poor countries
8. Stupid trade agreements, e.g tax breaks to move factories overseas
9. Let China run roughshod over the US for trade and intellectual property theft
10. Let NK develop nukes and ICBM delivery systems, have no one capable of dealing with NK
11. Raise taxes to 70% on the wealthy, especially on corporations so they relocate overseas
12. Decriminalize all drug use and possession, Opioid deaths increase across the US
13. Gangs like MS-13 running rampant across the US
14. No steel or mining industries due to foreign "dumping" of subsidized products
15. No new pipelines
16. No offshore drilling
17. The dems' "Central Committee" appoints super-delegates to subvert real voters in primaries
18. Pack the US Supreme Court to promote liberal policies
19. Impeach anyone they deem not liberal enough, like Kavanaugh
20. Use the Federal Government to punish conservatives, like the IRS and Lois Lerner hounded conservatives
21. Use the Intel community to spy on the opposition party, like Hillary, FusionGPS, and the FBI/DOJ spied on Trump
22. Block voter ID laws to ensure fraud, and promote "vote harvesting" to steal elections
23. Refuse to provide funding for border walls/security, which DHS says is desperately needed.
24. Give $Trillions to Mexico and Central America for a Marshal Plan, but not help US citizens living in tent cities
25. Impose gun control, outlaw private gun sales, outlaw AR style rifles, restrict sales of bullets, etc.
26. "Green New Deal" Impose a "carbon tax" to punish anyone who works, heats their home, flies, or has a car
27. Anti-business democrat socialists caused Amazon to flee NYC taking 25,000 good paying jobs to VA
28. REPARATIONS to blacks to pay for slavery, $trillions owed by US voters
29. Excuse the murder of unwanted newborns, i.e. "infanticide"
30. Change the Electoral College to popular vote
31. All prisoners get to vote, even the Boston Marathon Bomber, so says Bernie
32. LGBTQ rights, trannys in military
33. Increase domestic surveillance, especially on "white supremacist" organizations
34. Add Senators and congressmen for DC and Puerto Rico
35. Be sure that any "red flag" laws exclude gang members (only get those rural guns)
36. Full welfare and free healthcare for illegal immigrants
37. Eliminate Hallmark channel for being racist, sexist and anti-LGBTQ

Last edited:
The USDA even changed the "Trade Wars Bailout" to send the money to farm legal units based on size of farm, not output. So farmers with castles in the South of France, with subsidies to grow nothing further: Got the most bailout. Some got millions. A typical small farm got $5000 or so. GOP Senator Grassley--likely after a few rounds and belches of his own: Then went public saying that there had to be caps.

Farms did better, income-wise, in the Obama Administration. A specific year cited is 2013.

Then payroll gains per month dropped back to 2017, so below 2018.

So there are Fantasies Galore to go around: And mostly absolute lies and mis-characterizations at psychopath and psycho-pathology levels. Those Easily matchthe Third German Republic propaganda machines. That excludes the basis that RNC may not want to appear to have been outdone by the Nazis!

See kyzr posts for even an actual lising of other fantasies and lies! (The editing could make an actual propaganda film, all by itself!)

(There are lies, damned lies, and statistics: With the Trump Administration even Making America--Greater At It All Again!)

Last edited:
The USDA even changed the "Trade Wars Bailout" to send the money to farm legal units based on size of farm, not output. So farmers with castles in the South of France, with subsidies to grow nothing further: Got the most bailout. Some got millions. A typical small farm got $5000 or so. GOP Senator Grassley--likely after a few rounds and belches of his own: Then went public saying that there had to be caps.

Farms did better, income-wise, in the Obama Administration. A specific year cited is 2013.

Then payroll gains per month dropped back to 2017, so below 2018.

So there are Fantasies Galore to go around: And mostly absolute lies and mis-characterizations at psychopath and psycho-pathology levels. Those Easily matchthe Third German Republic propaganda machines. That excludes the basis that RNC may not want to appear to have been outdone by the Nazis!

See kyzr posts for even an actual lising of other fantasies and lies! (The editing could make an actual propaganda film, all by itself!)

(There are lies, damned lies, and statistics: With the Trump Administration even Making America--Greater At It All Again!)

So farmers with castles in the South of France, with subsidies to grow nothing further: Got the most bailout. Some got millions.

Sound awful!!!

Link?

Links are all over. The overriding concept is that Corporate Farm Ownership is Urban, Not rural. That is known all over. "Castle" could be a simple Chateau, or Luxury Suite, or other rental. Corporate Farms, it is known, do not. . . .Farm. There was a time when half the Baker Valley, in Oregon, was Corporate Farming, labor locally sub-contracted.

Now, Senator Grassley may have information on his site, or in remarks. Des Moines Register has him applying for his cut of FedBucks, May 29, or so. He is a Farmer, 750 acres as a partner--from a Chateau in Washington, D. C.(?). Just possibly it has a sign on the door, "South of France!" If he were hyper-radical. . . . . (In a Trump Administration--nobody knows where the Republicans really think they are(?). . .even on issues! See the link in this post! He will be impartial at the trial of "other." (not directly so-stated)!

He is not following Senator McConnell on the Impeachment Trial. He is Senate President Pro temp, swears in the Chief Justice, and will take the oath to be impartial.

Not too radical, but another departure from the course being set by the Senate Majority Leader.

Grassley Statement on the Impeachment of President Trump | Chuck Grassley

The splinters are as legendary as they are splinters.

Links are all over. The overriding concept is that Corporate Farm Ownership is Urban, Not rural. That is known all over. "Castle" could be a simple Chateau, or Luxury Suite, or other rental. Corporate Farms, it is known, do not. . . .Farm. There was a time when half the Baker Valley, in Oregon, was Corporate Farming, labor locally sub-contracted.

Now, Senator Grassley may have information on his site, or in remarks. Des Moines Register has him applying for his cut of FedBucks, May 29, or so. He is a Farmer, 750 acres as a partner--from a Chateau in Washington, D. C.(?). Just possibly it has a sign on the door, "South of France!" If he were hyper-radical. . . . . (In a Trump Administration--nobody knows where the Republicans really think they are(?). . .even on issues! See the link in this post! He will be impartial at the trial of "other." (not directly so-stated)!

He is not following Senator McConnell on the Impeachment Trial. He is Senate President Pro temp, swears in the Chief Justice, and will take the oath to be impartial.

Not too radical, but another departure from the course being set by the Senate Majority Leader.

Grassley Statement on the Impeachment of President Trump | Chuck Grassley

The splinters are as legendary as they are splinters.

Links are all over.

I haven't seen any links about "farmers with castles in the South of France, with subsidies to grow nothing further: getting millions"

Have you?

Google "Farm Organizations," "USDA," the "Hollywood Reporter" maybe. Rich people do have farms--even Jane Fonda, the Rancher: Know to visit to the South of France all the time!

Have you ever heard of movie stars, ranches, South of France, farms and Farm Organizations? There is even, "Google" to learn about.

Many will say that Toddsterpatriot poster is incapable of knowing anything of the above--so making a baseless request.

(Deut 23: 19-20, is not about Equal Treatment or especially about a lot of "Fair Trials!")

Google "Farm Organizations," "USDA," the "Hollywood Reporter" maybe. Rich people do have farms--even Jane Fonda, the Rancher: Know to visit to the South of France all the time!

Have you ever heard of movie stars, ranches, South of France, farms and Farm Organizations? There is even, "Google" to learn about.

Many will say that Toddsterpatriot poster is incapable of knowing anything of the above--so making a baseless request.

(Deut 23: 19-20, is not about Equal Treatment or especially about a lot of "Fair Trials!")

Google "Farm Organizations," "USDA," the "Hollywood Reporter" maybe.

I'm supposed to search for proof of your claim? LOL!

Just admit you're making shit up again.

Forum List

Back