Four days and the NRA has not said a word

Gosh, the government paid for my training without my even asking, gave me a free full-auto weapon, and then sent sent me off on a whirl-wind all expense paid vacation. To South Vietnam. They are highly overrated
BOTH my parents served in Vietnam. Dad was awarded the Bronze Star with the "V" device (for what reason, I do not know and he would never talk about it). Dad was always pissed off that they made him go to war, but when it was over, made him turn in his weapon and go back to being a subject/slave.

I'm sure those full-autos are so overrated that the military will soon get rid of them, right?

Did my post sound like I was happy to get my draft notice? Full auto fire burns through a lot of ammo very quickly and resupply may be a long time coming. Running out of ammo in the middle of a firefight is highly embarrassing and often terminal. Weight and amount of ammo is more likely to be a critical factor than weapon type depending on the duty. There is a very good reason an M-16 will fire simi-auto as well as full. There is a very good reason most machineguns are crew served and that some can fire single-shot. There is a very good reason snipers use bolt action or simi auto rifles. There was a reason the pump action shotgun was one of favorite weapons in Vietnam. Civilians; not soldiers are likely to overestimate full auto weapons.
Would be willing to bet your Dad never became a subject/slave

Forum List

Back