Former Pres Clinton Adviser Criticizes Student Loan Debacle.. says money could be spent in better ways..

justaschmuck9

Platinum Member
Aug 1, 2022

Yeh, I like the point he makes that medical bills could be paid off with this money and that med bills are not.... How does he say it? They are not exactly agreed-upon debt. You get sick or injured.. u didn't sign up for that (like a person taking out a student loan... which is not to say I don't sympathize w/ those carrying heavy school loans.. sometimes people just do not think well when they enter into those kinds of things... but there are ways to get people to understand what they are doing b4 they do it... How about counselors to advise about the impact loans will have on your future? That would not cost very much, comparatively speaking..)

Former Pres Clinton Adviser Criticizes Student Loan Debacle.. says money could be spent in better ways..​

Yeah, like giving the wealthy another free check via the PPP loan program. Or how about another tax cut for the wealthy, they deserve it, but don't give the working stiffs a chance or a break they are dead beats. We can however give a wealthy nation like Israel a billion plus dollars a year.

We could invade more nations for nation-building after we have bombed them into submission because we think they might have weapons of mass destruction.

Spend what money? If they are forgiving loans how does that give them money to spend? WTF?

There is a report the EBT SNAP system is down across the country. All of a sudden, the people using the system become real smart.

Yeh, I like the point he makes that medical bills could be paid off with this money and that med bills are not.... How does he say it? They are not exactly agreed-upon debt. You get sick or injured.. u didn't sign up for that (like a person taking out a student loan... which is not to say I don't sympathize w/ those carrying heavy school loans.. sometimes people just do not think well when they enter into those kinds of things... but there are ways to get people to understand what they are doing b4 they do it... How about counselors to advise about the impact loans will have on your future? That would not cost very much, comparatively speaking..)

Paying off medical bills requires coming up with new funding which is up to the Congress not the president and the democrats are obssessed with free healthcare.

It does not it just changes numbers on the books.
Actually, it does change some things, albeit slowly and over time. But in the end, millions of dollars will not be going to the banks that service those loans and instead will be going to the local grocer, the local car dealer, furniture store, or even home builders and their contractors. It was a great play.

And although this does nothing to alleviate the high cost of a college education there is a reality that needs to be addressed. In 1980 a Pell Grant covered about 85% of the cost of attending a public university. Today, it is 30% or less. The Pell Grant has not kept up with inflation and states have consistently underfunded their college programs.

It also bears providing the history behind college loan programs, why there were started. College loans, although taken on by the student, were made for the parents. Not so they could pay for their child's education, but so they could use the funds they had saved to pay for their child's education to invest in their retirement. It was the Boomers, big ass surprise. Parasites, one and all. Spoiled ass brats. Hell no, I saved 50 grand for little Johnny's college but I am going to invest it in the stock market for my retirement and little Johnnie can go eyeballs deep in debt and not have a pot to piss in. That was the foundation of student loans.

But, I got to give credit to Pops. He used those student loans and he invested the money. But when I graduated, he stroked a check and paid them off. But then again, he wasn't a Boomer.

Forum List

Back