Former head of the Japan-China Friendship group, Japan’s new foreign minister says important to build constructive ties with China

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
You won't see this spoken about in the MSM, odd really considering how important Japan is. Even internally, Japanese politicians see him as a dove. I try to take no position on this, just stating how it is.

Such a key ally to the West is hedging their bets. Take it for what you will, I think Japan sees as others do, that China is going to be the dominant force in the world based on their focus on global expansion, innovation and patriotism, while America may go the way of Canada.

I wished Americans would stop trying to emulate Canada. Your civil liberties will disappear forever along with your global Goodwill and influence.

TOKYO (Reuters) – Japan’s new foreign minister, Yoshimasa Hayashi, said on Thursday it was important to build constructive and stable ties with China, while asking for responsible behaviour from its giant neighbour.

Hayashi also said at his inaugural news conference that he had decided to step down as head of the Japan-China Parliamentarians’ Friendship League to avoid “unnecessary misunderstanding”.

There are doubts among conservative lawmakers in Japan’s ruling Liberal Democratic Party if he, as the head of the league, can take a firm stance against China, local media have said.

You won't see this spoken about in the MSM

Actually it is spoken about muchas.

Actually it is spoken about muchas.

Sorry, when I suggest "MSM", I refer to the Big Three and on-air coverage. That's how I view it as a Canadian even as I explore a broader range f sources myself. So, Fox, CNN, MSNBC.

Fortunately japan is a democratic country with differences of opinion

Just as we have weak peaceniks in America others see the threat from china very clearly

Besides its the job of the foreign minister to make nice with china

Meanwhile the buildup of the japanese military in preparation for a possible war with china goes on unabated by the quisling foreign minister

Last edited:
Fortunately japan is a democratic country with differences of opinion

Just as we have weak peaceniks in America others see the threat from china very clearly

Besides its the job of the foreign minister to make nice with china

Meanwhile the buildup of the japanese military on preparation for a possible war with china goes on unabated by the quisling foreign minister
You don't understand Machiavellian politics very well...or military strategy.

Why shouldn't Japan seek constructive relations with China??

Are you worried Japan won't be your friend or something??

Remember when morons like you hated Japan and thought they had to TOO MUCH ECONOMIC power in the US

How did that work out?

You won't see this spoken about in the MSM, odd really considering how important Japan is. Even internally, Japanese politicians see him as a dove. I try to take no position on this, just stating how it is.

Such a key ally to the West is hedging their bets. Take it for what you will, I think Japan sees as others do, that China is going to be the dominant force in the world based on their focus on global expansion, innovation and patriotism, while America may go the way of Canada.

I wished Americans would stop trying to emulate Canada. Your civil liberties will disappear forever along with your global Goodwill and influence.

TOKYO (Reuters) – Japan’s new foreign minister, Yoshimasa Hayashi, said on Thursday it was important to build constructive and stable ties with China, while asking for responsible behaviour from its giant neighbour.

Hayashi also said at his inaugural news conference that he had decided to step down as head of the Japan-China Parliamentarians’ Friendship League to avoid “unnecessary misunderstanding”.

There are doubts among conservative lawmakers in Japan’s ruling Liberal Democratic Party if he, as the head of the league, can take a firm stance against China, local media have said.

How the mighty have fallen. Back in the day, Japan would have been lopping off Chinese heads with Samurai swords.

Guess we shouldn't have kicked their asses so hard back then.

Forum List

Back