Former FBI agent: Messages sent to Hutchinson are witness tampering

It isn’t a trial.
No it is a hearing. But a hearing with the sole purpose of damaging Donald J. Trump so badly he can't run in 2024. It is 100% dishonorable in that they allow no challenge to any of the testimony and no introduction of exculpatory evidence. A hearing run or authorized by Congress should be honest, transparent, fair. This one isn't.

Nobody is willing to testify when they know they'll be attacked by the entire panel and there is nobody allowed there to keep it honest.

In the collusion hearings, Schiff and company tried the same tactic but made the mistake of allowing people on the committee to challenge his witnesses. And systematically those challenges brought every single witness to admit they heard or saw nothing illegal related to Donald J. Trump.

Schiff, Pelosi etc. didn't make that same mistake this time so they put together a commission of 100% Trump haters who have no apparent sense of ethics or fair play.

It's just wrong.

No it is a hearing. But a hearing with the sole purpose of damaging Donald J. Trump so badly he can't run in 2024. It is 100% dishonorable in that they allow no challenge to any of the testimony and no introduction of exculpatory evidence. A hearing run or authorized by Congress should be honest, transparent, fair. This one isn't.

Nobody is willing to testify when they know they'll be attacked by the entire panel and there is nobody allowed there to keep it honest.

In the collusion hearings, Schiff and company tried the same tactic but made the mistake of allowing people on the committee to challenge his witnesses. And systematically those challenges brought every single witness to admit they heard or saw nothing illegal related to Donald J. Trump.

Schiff, Pelosi etc. didn't make that same mistake this time so they put together a commission of 100% Trump haters who have no apparent sense of ethics or fair play.

It's just wrong.

That's Kevin McCarthy's fault.

They're desperate to show she lied about something and they think their best chance is the one piece of heresay she offered. Their desperation is palpable.
And weird. I'm amazed at how much attention that little part of her testimony is getting. And she even SAID she was quoting someone, and they're still acting like it's the betrayal of all time.

But I suspect the DOJ paid attention to everything.

It's just wrong.
I disagree, but even if it were wrong it’s no different than the hearing they did on Clinton before the election is it.

IMO, we couldn’t and shouldn’t let Jan 6 be swept under the rug. We deserve the truth, under oath. It would have been better had we been able to do it as a 9/11 style bipartisan commission but tbe Republicans nixed it

Here is the transcript of her testimony….isn’t all hearsay:
A transcript that reads 'hatchet job' to me.

Not a single question re the often reported fact that Trump and Meadows requested 25,000 national guard that day to prevent any violence from happening, a request Pelosi refused. Wouldn't you think if Cassidy was with them constantly she would have known and mentioned that? She was at the speech but did not mention that Trump said they would walk down to the capitol to peacefully and patriotically make their voice heard. Wasn't that an important element? Selectively edited video of the speech et al that made it look much different than what was actually happening if they had included the whole context.

From where I sit, she was coached, scripted, and rehearsed. There's nothing illegal in that, but there is nothing fair or honorable in that nobody was allowed to challenge any of her testimony about anything.

Not a single question re the often reported fact that Trump and Meadows requested 25,000 national guard that day to prevent any violence from happening, a request Pelosi refused. Wouldn't you think if Cassidy was with them constantly she would have known and mentioned that? She was at the speech but did not mention that Trump said they would walk down to the capitol to peacefully and patriotically make their voice heard. Wasn't that an important element? Selectively edited video of the speech et al that made it look much different than what was actually happening if they had included the whole context.

From where I sit, she was coached, scripted, and rehearsed. There's nothing illegal in that, but there is nothing fair or honorable in that nobody was allowed to challenge any of her testimony about anything.
Didn’t Meadows refuse to testify? Also, how can you walk down peacefully when you know many in the crowd had weapons? That is a big red flag.

I disagree, but even if it were wrong it’s no different than the hearing they did on Clinton before the election is it.

IMO, we couldn’t and shouldn’t let Jan 6 be swept under the rug. We deserve the truth, under oath. It would have been better had we been able to do it as a 9/11 style bipartisan commission but tbe Republicans nixed it
In the hearings with Clinton and every other Democrat, she had Democrats on every panel who were able to allow her to restate or otherwise give her every chance to defend herself. Nothing was off limits and the Democrats could introduce any evidence they wanted to clear her of any wrongdoing. Clinton was the possibly accused where Cassidy was a witness for the prosecution.

Didn’t Meadows refuse to testify?
He has refused to testify re any private conversations he had with then President Trump which is 100% valid executive privilege. And therefore he was useless to the Committee. I'm sure Cassidy would have refused if she had been able to follow Trump to Mar-a-lago where she wanted to go after the inauguration but the reports are they didn't want her. Therefore a disgruntled staffer? I don't know. All I know is her testimony was far from damning, at least some has been discredited, and it is hardly the smoking gun they hoped for.

In the hearings with Clinton and every other Democrat, she had Democrats on every panel who were able to allow her to restate or otherwise give her every chance to defend herself. Nothing was off limits and the Democrats could introduce any evidence they wanted to clear her of any wrongdoing. Clinton was the possibly accused where Cassidy was a witness for the prosecution.
Was she allowed to cross examine or call witnesses?

He has refused to testify re any private conversations he had with then President Trump which is 100% valid executive privilege. And therefore he was useless to the Committee.
Then I don’t see what point it would be to ask Cassidy about it, there would be no way to corroborate it.

That numbers keeps going up. First it was 10,000... then it was 20,000... now it's 25,000... soon it will be 100,000.

And post your evidence Pelosi refused...

He has refused to testify re any private conversations he had with then President Trump which is 100% valid executive privilege. And therefore he was useless to the Committee. I'm sure Cassidy would have refused if she had been able to follow Trump to Mar-a-lago where she wanted to go after the inauguration but the reports are they didn't want her. Therefore a disgruntled staffer? I don't know. All I know is her testimony was far from damning, at least some has been discredited, and it is hardly the smoking gun they hoped for.

There is no executive privilege after he leaves office. Trump's not the president anymore.

Trump sought to lead a mob of armed rightwing terrorists to the Capitol in an effort to prevent the lawful, Constitutional certification of Joe Biden’s election victory and through an act of armed violence install Trump as an autocratic dictator contrary to the Constitution, the rule of law, and the will of the people.

A sitting Republican president sought to do this.

This is what you and others on the right are trying to defend.

Lie

YOU LIE! The evidence is clear. trump planned, approved, probably funded, and then when it happened...he applauded the mob attack on the United States Capitol. The J6 committee is just beginning. It is going to get worse for the Fat Former Guy.

Was she allowed to cross examine or call witnesses?
Yes she could request whomever she wanted to testify and if that person had material knowledge they would have been called. And the Democrats on the committee strenuously defended her and certainly could call anybody they wanted and probably did. The Jan 6 Commission is the most maliciously one sided hearing, show trial, inquisition, whatever you want to call it that I have ever witnessed in my life.

I don't know if Trump is a little guilty, a lot guilty, totally guilty or innocent. I do know I have seen zero evidence against him that anybody has brought forward that would be deemed credible and/or unimpeachable in ANY court of law and I've seen a lot of corroboration that his version of what happened in not falsified in any way.

If the Jan 6 Commission believed that they had a case, they wouldn't block anybody and everybody who might challenge it or call any of the testimony or pronouncements by politicians into question.

At this point I believe this is a trash Trump any way they can, honestly or dishonestly, fair or unfair, exercise.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back