Former election commissioner: Cohen and Trump didn't violate campaign finance law

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
The bottom line: Cohen was “persuaded” to plead guilty to an action that was not an actual violation of the law.

Trump-haters hoping the president’s former personal attorney, Michael Cohen, will provide the evidence needed to impeach the president and perhaps even “lock him up” are likely headed for a bitter disappointment. The Cohen guilty pleas are likely irrelevant to the fate of President Trump.

That’s because in my judgment – as someone who served for two years as a member of the Federal Election Commission – the campaign finance law violations Cohen pleaded guilty to committing, allegedly at Donald Trump’s direction, aren’t really violations.

If I’m right – that is, if Cohen didn’t really violate campaign finance law, despite his ill-advised guilty plea – then it would be impossible for Trump to have violated campaign finance law by directing Cohen to take a perfectly legal action.

Confused? That’s understandable, because the media lump all the charges Cohen pleaded guilty to together when explaining this complex case. But in reality, Cohen was sentenced Wednesday in U.S. District Court in New York City on several separate and unrelated charges.

Cohen was sentenced to three years in prison by a federal judge and was also ordered to pay almost $2 million in fines, restitution and forfeitures after earlier pleading guilty to multiple counts of business and tax fraud. Those crimes have absolutely nothing to do with Trump, but rather involve Cohen’s own business dealings.

In addition, Cohen was sentenced on his guilty pleas to violating campaign finance law on Trump’s behalf – an action that, as I will explain, I believe was not really a crime at all.

Read more at foxnews.com ...

The bottom line: Cohen was “persuaded” to plead guilty to an action that was not an actual violation of the law.

Trump-haters hoping the president’s former personal attorney, Michael Cohen, will provide the evidence needed to impeach the president and perhaps even “lock him up” are likely headed for a bitter disappointment. The Cohen guilty pleas are likely irrelevant to the fate of President Trump.

That’s because in my judgment – as someone who served for two years as a member of the Federal Election Commission – the campaign finance law violations Cohen pleaded guilty to committing, allegedly at Donald Trump’s direction, aren’t really violations.

If I’m right – that is, if Cohen didn’t really violate campaign finance law, despite his ill-advised guilty plea – then it would be impossible for Trump to have violated campaign finance law by directing Cohen to take a perfectly legal action.

Confused? That’s understandable, because the media lump all the charges Cohen pleaded guilty to together when explaining this complex case. But in reality, Cohen was sentenced Wednesday in U.S. District Court in New York City on several separate and unrelated charges.

Cohen was sentenced to three years in prison by a federal judge and was also ordered to pay almost $2 million in fines, restitution and forfeitures after earlier pleading guilty to multiple counts of business and tax fraud. Those crimes have absolutely nothing to do with Trump, but rather involve Cohen’s own business dealings.

In addition, Cohen was sentenced on his guilty pleas to violating campaign finance law on Trump’s behalf – an action that, as I will explain, I believe was not really a crime at all.

You should go tell all that to the judge cause he seems to have a different opinion.

You should go tell all that to the judge cause he seems to have a different opinion.
Kdtabzn.jpg

Business and tax fraud. Nothing to do with Trump at all. One has to wonder why the lefty loons are frothing at the mouth. Of course any time they think "they got him" they froth at the mouth. Better luck next time bozo's.

Trump used his own money to pay off the women. Not campaign funds. One has to wonder where they get the campaign fund fraud from??

Obama did the same and paid a fine.

I wonder if the money the DNC and Hitlery paid Steele for his fake Trump dossier is considered campaign funds??

Business and tax fraud. Nothing to do with Trump at all. One has to wonder why the lefty loons are frothing at the mouth. Of course any time they think "they got him" they froth at the mouth. Better luck next time bozo's.

Trump used his own money to pay off the women. Not campaign funds. One has to wonder where they get the campaign fund fraud from??

I wonder if the money the DNC and Hitlery paid Steele for his fake Trump dossier is considered campaign funds??

Here you go. Since you are so desperately grabbing at straws to keep from admitting that obese orange clown is a crook, I figured I would help you out a little. You're welcome.
71qymp078pL._SX425_.jpg

Napolitano is a whore.
I watched him for years on Fox and he would change his stance daily based on email from viewers.

Here you go. Since you are so desperately grabbing at straws to keep from admitting that obese orange clown is a crook, I figured I would help you out a little. You're welcome.
71qymp078pL._SX425_.jpg

You so funny. Just gotta laugh.

Napolitano is a whore.
I watched him for years on Fox and he would change his stance daily based on email from viewers.

Why would you think I was talking about that clown? I meant the real judge in the case.

Napolitano is a whore.

Why would you think I was talking about that clown? I meant the real judge in the case.
Trump already stated he paid from his own assets and hasn’t been proven to be lying.
You Libs make up bullshit based on Opinion pieces on sites hungry for clicks.

Oh look! Faux found one guy who would defend the *president*.

Napolitano is a whore.

Trump already stated he paid from his own assets and hasn’t been proven to be lying.

Yes, and the laws say the way they did it is illegal. If you disagree, you need to go talk to the judge. I can't do anything to help you.

Napolitano is a whore.

Yes, and the laws say the way they did it is illegal. If you disagree, you need to go talk to the judge. I can't do anything to help you.
You are reading Opinion pieces as though they are fact.
Idiots like you are loved by these sites.

Napolitano is a whore.

LMf'nAO!

tRump has stated? How many different versions of this story has he "stated"?

How many of them have turned out to be true?

So why should we believe this latest version?

You kids crack me up.

Bulldog is correct:

giphy (1).gif

Napolitano is a whore.

LMf'nAO!

You kids crack me up.

Bulldog is correct:

View attachment 234441
Regarding this issue, one story.
You’re simply another idiot who laps up Opinion pieces that assuage your emotional needs.

Napolitano is a whore.

LMf'nAO!

You kids crack me up.

Bulldog is correct:

View attachment 234441
You’re simply another idiot who laps up Opinion pieces that assuage your emotional needs.
Lol, no. Not "one story". At least 3 now, maybe 4 depending on how you look at it. Anyone who would believe tRump at this stage is a gullible fool.

Napolitano is a whore.

LMf'nAO!

You kids crack me up.

Bulldog is correct:

View attachment 234441
Lol, no. Not "one story". At least 3 now, maybe 4 depending on how you look at it. Anyone who would believe tRump at this stage is a gullible fools.
Really?
I watch Trump interviews all the time and he has been consistent on this issue.
You simply provide us with click bait consisting of edited sound bites and outright lies.

Napolitano is a whore.

You are reading Opinion pieces as though they are fact.
Idiots like you are loved by these sites.

The judge that just sentenced Cohen must be reading the same opinion pieces, cause he said it was a serious crime.

LMf'nAO!

You kids crack me up.

Bulldog is correct:

View attachment 234441
Lol, no. Not "one story". At least 3 now, maybe 4 depending on how you look at it. Anyone who would believe tRump at this stage is a gullible fools.
Really?
You simply provide us with click bait consisting of edited sound bites and outright lies.

If you say so.

If this is really a serious crime, wouldn't the people receiving the money be guilty too?

LMf'nAO!

You kids crack me up.

Bulldog is correct:

View attachment 234441
Really?
Lol, a tRumpkin accusing a liberal of providing "click bait and lies"?

That's hilarious!

1. Stormy who?

2. What payments?

3. Was done without my knowledge.

4. I never paid him back.

5. I paid him back but it was just normal business and I didn't know what it was for.

6. I knew about it but it wasn't campaign funds.

What will #7 be and will you believe it too?

Forum List

Back