Former AG Barr said Trump became enraged after being told election fraud claims were nonsense

Jul 26, 2010
North Carolina
Former Attorney General William Barr said then-President Donald Trump became furious when Barr told him there was no evidence that the 2020 election was fraudulent.

"I told him that all this stuff was bulls--- ... about election fraud. And, you know, it was wrong to be shoveling it out the way his team was," Barr said in an interview with NBC News' Lester Holt that is scheduled to air Sunday night. First highlights of the interview aired Thursday on MSNBC's "Andrea Mitchell Reports."

"The narrative was I was a toady to Trump and I would do Trump’s bidding. And the media constantly went out with that story," Barr says in a clip airing Thursday night on "NBC Nightly News." Asked by Holt whether he had been a toady, Barr responded, "Well, I think no, because I tried to take every issue that came to me and decide it what I thought was the right thing."

Barr acknowledged that Trump contributed to the image of him as the president's lackey, including by bringing his name up in the 2019 phone conversation with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy that led to Trump's first impeachment. In the call, which Trump would later describe as "perfect," he told Zelenskyy that he would have Barr reach out to him or his "people" concerning two investigations he wanted: one related to an email server tied to Trump’s former political rival Hillary Clinton and the other related to Joe Biden and his son Hunter.

Barr told Holt he hadn't been aware of the scheme and was "livid" when he found out about what Trump had said. "This whole maneuver of trying to get the Ukrainians to investigate Biden — that was a harebrained scheme. It was ridiculous," Barr said.

Trump, he said, "never really had a good idea of, you know, the role of the Department of Justice [and] to some extent, you know, the president’s role."

Barr pointed to his publicly speaking out against Trump's election fraud claims as an instance of his standing up to the president. He said Trump was so enraged that he thought it would be his last day on the job.

Barr said Trump summoned him to a meeting in the White House on Dec. 1, 2020, after The Associated Press published an interview in which Barr said there was no evidence of any widespread voter fraud in the election, despite Trump's claims to the contrary.

Sounds like Barr got tired of being Trump's bitch.

Ok Trump Humpers let's hear it, Barr became a part of the the DEEP STATE.

Former Attorney General William Barr said then-President Donald Trump became furious when Barr told him there was no evidence that the 2020 election was fraudulent.

"I told him that all this stuff was bulls--- ... about election fraud. And, you know, it was wrong to be shoveling it out the way his team was," Barr said in an interview with NBC News' Lester Holt that is scheduled to air Sunday night. First highlights of the interview aired Thursday on MSNBC's "Andrea Mitchell Reports."

"The narrative was I was a toady to Trump and I would do Trump’s bidding. And the media constantly went out with that story," Barr says in a clip airing Thursday night on "NBC Nightly News." Asked by Holt whether he had been a toady, Barr responded, "Well, I think no, because I tried to take every issue that came to me and decide it what I thought was the right thing."

Barr acknowledged that Trump contributed to the image of him as the president's lackey, including by bringing his name up in the 2019 phone conversation with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy that led to Trump's first impeachment. In the call, which Trump would later describe as "perfect," he told Zelenskyy that he would have Barr reach out to him or his "people" concerning two investigations he wanted: one related to an email server tied to Trump’s former political rival Hillary Clinton and the other related to Joe Biden and his son Hunter.

Barr told Holt he hadn't been aware of the scheme and was "livid" when he found out about what Trump had said. "This whole maneuver of trying to get the Ukrainians to investigate Biden — that was a harebrained scheme. It was ridiculous," Barr said.

Trump, he said, "never really had a good idea of, you know, the role of the Department of Justice [and] to some extent, you know, the president’s role."

Barr pointed to his publicly speaking out against Trump's election fraud claims as an instance of his standing up to the president. He said Trump was so enraged that he thought it would be his last day on the job.

Barr said Trump summoned him to a meeting in the White House on Dec. 1, 2020, after The Associated Press published an interview in which Barr said there was no evidence of any widespread voter fraud in the election, despite Trump's claims to the contrary.

This is kind of old news, isn't it?? I remember it being reported, from when it happened.

Barr was stupid enough to go to work for Trump knowing very well who he was so one can never feel bad for Barr. You make your bed, you sleep in it.

Bad for Barr? He made a great living and is now hocking an overpriced book. What else could he be doing in his life that would be a higher achievement than working that close to the president?

The beauty of the broad hatred for Trump and America First policies by the elites who are happily arming Americas enemies and blaming American citizens for their own plight, is that one ALWAYS has an emergency parachute to use in becoming an MSM sweetheart by promoting incidents like this.

From Bush to McCann, Romney and others, MSM can hate you and your policies, but as long as you are anti-Trump and are cool with open borders and America Last, they will always embrace you, with a little loving squeeze.

Claims of racism are bullshit.

SuperConspiracyBrutha getting mad in 3...2...1....

Forum List

Back