Foreign Control Of Our Elections: Impossible

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
One can understand why foreign governments would like to determine who our President would be....but they can't.

They've tried and failed. I'll prove that in moment.

But....today's latest is China, suffering in fear about Trump....who is actually pro-America....unlike the previous President...

"China Covertly Subverting Trump Reelection

China is conducting an aggressive disinformation and influence campaign designed to block the re-election of President Trump in 2020...

The campaign has been underway since the 2018 mid-term election and involves enlisting pro-China elements inside the United States to end the Trump administration after four years.

"President Trump has already caused a lot of damage to the CCP, so they have declared he will not be allowed to have another four years in power," the dissident said.
Other means involve dispatching Chinese intelligence operatives to the United States for the influence operations and utilizing networks of pro-China agents—Americans and others who will do Beijing's bidding.

Those organizations taking part include the Ministry of State Security, the civilian spy agency, the People's Liberation Army intelligence units, and the United Front Work Department, a quasi-intelligence unit that conducts influence operations.

Many news industry owners have interests in China and therefore will be reluctant to counter Chinese influence operations targeting the president,..."
China Covertly Subverting Trump Reelection

Big mistake on China's part.

The fable that was the Mueller Investigation....with Mueller's recent testimony the coda.....was based on the false notion that a foreign power could direct our elections.

I'll prove it.

Last edited:
Time and again the Democrats/Leftists….and the Right, too….has used the bête noire strategy…”vote for us or this terrible thing will happen!!!

Biden: “They’ll put y’all back in chains.”

Or the clearly false “Trump is gonna follow Putin’s orders!”

Or the world is gonna end if we leave the Paris Environmental Treaty!”

The Democrats frequently count on voters being ignorant of history….shouting ‘racist’ about sending Ilhan Omar “back’….

“The President’s tweeted remarks about the four going back to where they came were only marginally more forceful than FDR’s statement in the 1936 campaign that those who did not like the way the country was governed were free to leave it.” Why the Left So Despises Donald Trump

Now, with China endeavoring to make certain that Trump doesn’t win in 2020?

Can they do that?

Has any nation embarked on a similar plan….and were they successful?

Nope…..not in the slightest successful……

The Russians....the folks that the Democrat Party supported for seventy years......had a legitimate fear of Reagan, pretty much for the same reasons China fears Trump.

And they used a full court press to have Reagan defeated just as China is going to try against Trump.

What happened?

While the Russians would have benefited from having the family they had a history of bribing in the White House, the Clintons, and their choice was clear when they produced the dossier to sink Trump, no nation has the ability to sway our election.

Even when their survival depended on it....the Russians had zero ability to move the vote.

Now, once upon a time….there was a candidate that the Kremlin feared, a military threat, they were actually convinced that a certain candidate for President was planning a first strike on Russia.

And they went all out to prevent his election…..with the conscious and active support of elected Democrats, the Liberal Lion, Ted Kennedy....

Ronald Reagan.

Vasili Mitrokhin worked for 30 years in the foreign intelligence archives of the KGB. In 1972 he was made responsible for moving the entire archives to new headquarters in Moscow. But Mitrokhin spent over a decade making notes and transcripts of these classified files. In 1992, British Secret Intelligence Service exfiltrated the defector, and his presence in the west remained secret until the publication of this book.

His book:

‘The Sword and the Shield: The Mitrokhin Archives, the History of the KGB,” by Christopher Andrew and Vasili Mitrokhin.

Mitrokhin outlines the full-court press that the Soviet power structure used to prevent a Reagan presidency….with, of course the joyful aid of such Democrat luminaries as Ted Kennedy.
“…chairman of the KGB….all foreign intelligence officers….active measures to ensure Reagan’s defeat….”
Mitrokhin, Op. Cit., p. 243

Here's the result:

“Reagan won a forty-nine state landslide. The entire Soviet government, working hand-in-hand with [the Democrat hierarchy] and America’s most influential newspaper, couldn’t put a dent a US election…”
Coulter, “Resistance Is Futile,”p. 44-45

I'd bet my bottom dollar that the left won't have an issue with election interference when it's China trying to stop Trump.

Every major Country tries to manipulate Elections in every other major Country.

I don't know why the uneducated rubes in the dimocrap scum party don't want to admit this.

The Lying Cocksucker OPENLY interfered in Israel's election. And more --

Obama’s Meddling in Foreign Elections: Six Examples | The American Spectator | Politics Is Too Important To Be Taken Seriously.

Not only did the Lying Cocksucker do it, every American President has done it since Truman.

Foreign electoral intervention - Wikipedia

One study indicated that the country intervening in most foreign elections is the United States with 81 interventions, followed by Russia (including the former Soviet Union) with 36 interventions from 1946 to 2000

And why isn't the DISGUSTING FITLH in the Lame Stream Media interested in this? Their self-righteousness seems to stop at political boundaries. Know why?

Because they're scum. Just like every other dimocrap since 1968. ESPECIALLY the voters

Ukraine admitted to interfering in the 2016 US election on Clinton’s side

clinton-ukraine.jpg

One can understand why foreign governments would like to determine who our President would be....but they can't.

But....today's latest is China, suffering in fear about Trump....who is actually pro-America....unlike the previous President...

China is conducting an aggressive disinformation and influence campaign designed to block the re-election of President Trump in 2020...

The campaign has been underway since the 2018 mid-term election and involves enlisting pro-China elements inside the United States to end the Trump administration after four years.

"President Trump has already caused a lot of damage to the CCP, so they have declared he will not be allowed to have another four years in power," the dissident said.
Other means involve dispatching Chinese intelligence operatives to the United States for the influence operations and utilizing networks of pro-China agents—Americans and others who will do Beijing's bidding.

Those organizations taking part include the Ministry of State Security, the civilian spy agency, the People's Liberation Army intelligence units, and the United Front Work Department, a quasi-intelligence unit that conducts influence operations.

Many news industry owners have interests in China and therefore will be reluctant to counter Chinese influence operations targeting the president,..."

The fable that was the Mueller Investigation....with Mueller's recent testimony the coda.....was based on the false notion that a foreign power could direct our elections.

I'll prove it.
Except this is exactly what Mueller found, the Russians interfered in the 2016 election on the side of Trump. Trump will never admit it, nor will Russian agents, but every US Intelligence agency is convinced it is true. Our election machinery is too primitive and decentralized to allow the Russians direct access to ballots but they tried. They were much more effective at using social media, like USMB, to spread disinformation. They also hacked and released the DNC emails. All well documented and not surprising, we're probably doing the same to them.

What surprises me is how easily co-opted American people can be to spread the disinformation. I guess I shouldn't be surprised since our major news outlets are relegated to 'Fake News' status leaving few sources of trusted information.

I'll prove it.
Except this is exactly what Mueller found, the Russians interfered in the 2016 election on the side of Trump. Trump will never admit it, nor will Russian agents, but every US Intelligence agency is convinced it is true. Our election machinery is too primitive and decentralized to allow the Russians direct access to ballots but they tried. They were much more effective at using social media, like USMB, to spread disinformation. They also hacked and released the DNC emails. All well documented and not surprising, we're probably doing the same to them.

What surprises me is how easily co-opted American people can be to spread the disinformation. I guess I shouldn't be surprised since our major news outlets are relegated to 'Fake News' status leaving few sources of trusted information.

Mueller??????

You're quoting Mueller as your expert on the matter?????

What sort of imbecile saw the Mueller Hearings and still mentions that name sans derision?????

Raise your paw.

Mueller??????

What sort of imbecile saw the Mueller Hearings and still mentions that name sans derision?????

Raise your paw.
You're right I guess. We should throw out the report and look in the Trump campaign's collusion with Russia again. This time I think Trump should have to testify under oath.

I'll prove it.

today you will "prove" that "no foreign power can control our elections" with trump in office...

when there is a democrat in office you will "prove" that foreign powers CAN and DID control our elections.

I can't wait for you to write THAT piece of crap and lies.......

Apparently ISRAEL is not a "foreign country."

If anyone doesn't understand that, then they didn't observe the final two weeks of the HW/Clinton election....

A Dem named Brownstein came up with a huge lie about Iran Contra, and the Israeli owned "US" media went bonkers.... nevermind that nothing was true about it...

Mueller??????

Raise your paw.
You're right I guess. We should throw out the report and look in the Trump campaign's collusion with Russia again. This time I think Trump should have to testify under oath.

I've already stated that you are an imbecile.....no need to double prove it.

There never was any collusion between Trump et al and the Kremlin.....

Even your hero, the one you brought up, said as much.

No one but you mentions Mueller, except as a punch line.

I'll prove it.

today you will "prove" that "no foreign power can control our elections" with trump in office...

when there is a democrat in office you will "prove" that foreign powers CAN and DID control our elections.

I can't wait for you to write THAT piece of crap and lies.......

It appears you've missed this dispositive post:

The Russians....the folks that the Democrat Party supported for seventy years......had a legitimate fear of Reagan, pretty much for the same reasons China fears Trump.

And they used a full court press to have Reagan defeated just as China is going to try against Trump.

What happened?

While the Russians would have benefited from having the family they had a history of bribing in the White House, the Clintons, and their choice was clear when they produced the dossier to sink Trump, no nation has the ability to sway our election.

Even when their survival depended on it....the Russians had zero ability to move the vote.

Now, once upon a time….there was a candidate that the Kremlin feared, a military threat, they were actually convinced that a certain candidate for President was planning a first strike on Russia.

And they went all out to prevent his election…..with the conscious and active support of elected Democrats, the Liberal Lion, Ted Kennedy....

Ronald Reagan.

Vasili Mitrokhin worked for 30 years in the foreign intelligence archives of the KGB. In 1972 he was made responsible for moving the entire archives to new headquarters in Moscow. But Mitrokhin spent over a decade making notes and transcripts of these classified files. In 1992, British Secret Intelligence Service exfiltrated the defector, and his presence in the west remained secret until the publication of this book.

His book:

‘The Sword and the Shield: The Mitrokhin Archives, the History of the KGB,” by Christopher Andrew and Vasili Mitrokhin.

Mitrokhin outlines the full-court press that the Soviet power structure used to prevent a Reagan presidency….with, of course the joyful aid of such Democrat luminaries as Ted Kennedy.
“…chairman of the KGB….all foreign intelligence officers….active measures to ensure Reagan’s defeat….”
Mitrokhin, Op. Cit., p. 243

Here's the result:

“Reagan won a forty-nine state landslide. The entire Soviet government, working hand-in-hand with [the Democrat hierarchy] and America’s most influential newspaper, couldn’t put a dent a US election…”
Coulter, “Resistance Is Futile,”p. 44-45

"Election interference" is a Dem fantasy that crumbles at the slightest examination. They claim approximately 5 million tweets were made by this "vast army of Russian accounts", and this affected the election.

What they fail to note is that Twitter sees roughly 500 million tweets PER DAY. Their supposed influential Russians are a few molecules in a tiny drop in a vast ocean, and utterly inconsequential.

This is how stupid Dems are, and how stupid they think we are.

And yet you just cited Mueller as evidence of no collusion.

If Mueller is such a doofus and can't be trusted and all the Intelligence agencies say the Russians tried to influence the election, we really don't know if there was any collusion and we should we re-investigate to be sure.

If Mueller is such a doofus and can't be trusted and all the Intelligence agencies say the Russians tried to influence the election, we really don't know if there was any collusion and we should we re-investigate to be sure.

No I didn't.

I simply mocked you, who presented the dolt as your hero.

"...all the Intelligence agencies say the Russians tried to influence the election, ..."
No such thing occurred.

–We were initially told that seventeen U.S. intelligence agencies had independently confirmed that Russia hacked the Democratic National Committee and our 2016 presidential election.

But wait! We now learn that only three agencies have confirmed this intelligence finding (CIA, NSA, FBI).

Further, only one agency actually conducted the majority of the research that netted that conclusion: The Central Intelligence Agency (CIA).

The main intelligence gathering was conducted by the CIA. In other words, the FBI and the NSA simply said "we agree" that the CIA's work is credible. The three agencies did not independently make this same conclusion. The CIA coerced the FBI and NSA into compliance.

....Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Sec. Jeh Johnson attempted to coerce several Secretaries of State about designating our voting systems as 'critical infrastructure' which would've subjugated those state's roles in the election to the federal government. To DHS's shock, the states outright rejected that request.

.... Democrats had plenty of cover to conflate these findings into an assertion of a Trump-collusion. This explains why none of the Obama-holdovers (including former FBI Director James Comey) were willing to formally admit they had no evidence (against Trump) and continued to act in a way that ultimately discredited President Trump.
Obama's Political Weapon Against Trump

. Oh....and BTW....subsequently, we have also learned that the DNC is in charge of both the DoJ and the FBI: they refused...refused... requests that the DNC's servers be investigated. Imagine, if you refused the FBI.

3. Which brings us to Dmitri Alperovitch, and Crowdstrike.

a. “FBI SAYS THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY WOULDN’T LET AGENTS SEE THE HACKED EMAIL SERVERS ....neither the FBI nor any other intelligence agency ever did an independent assessment of the organization’s breached servers. Instead, they alleged, the FBI relied exclusively on information from private digital forensics company Crowdstrike. “
The FBI says the Democratic Party wouldn't let agents see the hacked email servers

b. “In lieu of substantive evidence provided to the public that the alleged hacks which led to Wikileaks releases of DNC and Clinton Campaign Manager John Podesta’s emails were orchestrated by the Russian Government, CrowdStrike’s bias has been cited as undependable in its own assessment, in addition to its skeptical methods and conclusions. The firm’s CTO and co-founder, Dmitri Alperovitch, is a senior fellow at the Atlantic Council, a think tank with openly anti-Russian sentiments that is funded by Ukrainian billionaire Victor Pinchuk, who also happened to donate at least $10 million to the Clinton Foundation.” What Is CrowdStrike? Firm Hired By DNC Has Ties To Hillary Clinton, A Ukrainian Billionaire, And Google | Zero Hedge

4. This summary from the Leftwing Slate:
”.... if the evidence that they’ve used to level major accusations at a foreign government comes not from agencies of the U.S. government or direct law enforcement investigations, but rather from private sector firms like CrowdStrike, then the “high confidence” of the government counts for very little. “
The FBI Relied on a Private Firm’s Investigation of the DNC Hack—Which Makes the Agency Harder to Trust

Folks like you are a problem for the Left....you can't keep up with the program.
You continue to mouth the propaganda that has been thoroughly refuted.....

....they really need smarter Janissaries.....

No I didn't.

"...all the Intelligence agencies say the Russians tried to influence the election, ..."
No such thing occurred.

–We were initially told that seventeen U.S. intelligence agencies had independently confirmed that Russia hacked the Democratic National Committee and our 2016 presidential election.

But wait! We now learn that only three agencies have confirmed this intelligence finding (CIA, NSA, FBI).

Further, only one agency actually conducted the majority of the research that netted that conclusion: The Central Intelligence Agency (CIA).

The main intelligence gathering was conducted by the CIA. In other words, the FBI and the NSA simply said "we agree" that the CIA's work is credible. The three agencies did not independently make this same conclusion. The CIA coerced the FBI and NSA into compliance.

....Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Sec. Jeh Johnson attempted to coerce several Secretaries of State about designating our voting systems as 'critical infrastructure' which would've subjugated those state's roles in the election to the federal government. To DHS's shock, the states outright rejected that request.

.... Democrats had plenty of cover to conflate these findings into an assertion of a Trump-collusion. This explains why none of the Obama-holdovers (including former FBI Director James Comey) were willing to formally admit they had no evidence (against Trump) and continued to act in a way that ultimately discredited President Trump.

. Oh....and BTW....subsequently, we have also learned that the DNC is in charge of both the DoJ and the FBI: they refused...refused... requests that the DNC's servers be investigated. Imagine, if you refused the FBI.

a. “FBI SAYS THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY WOULDN’T LET AGENTS SEE THE HACKED EMAIL SERVERS ....neither the FBI nor any other intelligence agency ever did an independent assessment of the organization’s breached servers. Instead, they alleged, the FBI relied exclusively on information from private digital forensics company Crowdstrike. “
The FBI says the Democratic Party wouldn't let agents see the hacked email servers

b. “In lieu of substantive evidence provided to the public that the alleged hacks which led to Wikileaks releases of DNC and Clinton Campaign Manager John Podesta’s emails were orchestrated by the Russian Government, CrowdStrike’s bias has been cited as undependable in its own assessment, in addition to its skeptical methods and conclusions. The firm’s CTO and co-founder, Dmitri Alperovitch, is a senior fellow at the Atlantic Council, a think tank with openly anti-Russian sentiments that is funded by Ukrainian billionaire Victor Pinchuk, who also happened to donate at least $10 million to the Clinton Foundation.” What Is CrowdStrike? Firm Hired By DNC Has Ties To Hillary Clinton, A Ukrainian Billionaire, And Google | Zero Hedge

”.... if the evidence that they’ve used to level major accusations at a foreign government comes not from agencies of the U.S. government or direct law enforcement investigations, but rather from private sector firms like CrowdStrike, then the “high confidence” of the government counts for very little. “
The FBI Relied on a Private Firm’s Investigation of the DNC Hack—Which Makes the Agency Harder to Trust

Folks like you are a problem for the Left....you can't keep up with the program.

Me: "...all the Intelligence agencies say the Russians tried to influence the election, ..."
You: No such thing occurred.

I found no basis for your denial. Link? Have any sources that dispute the that the Russians tried to influence the election? Aside from Trump and Putin of course.

WASHINGTON — The F.B.I. director warned anew on Friday about Russia’s continued meddling in American elections, calling it a “significant counterintelligence threat.” The bureau has shifted additional agents and analysts to shore up defenses against foreign interference, according to a senior F.B.I. official.

The Trump administration has come to see that Russia’s influence operations have morphed into a persistent threat. The F.B.I., the intelligence agencies and the Department of Homeland Security have made permanent the task forces they created to confront 2018 midterm election interference, senior American national security officials said.​

No I didn't.

No such thing occurred.

Me: "...all the Intelligence agencies say the Russians tried to influence the election, ..."
You: No such thing occurred.

I found no basis for your denial. Link? Have any sources that dispute the that the Russians tried to influence the election? Aside from Trump and Putin of course.

WASHINGTON — The F.B.I. director warned anew on Friday about Russia’s continued meddling in American elections, calling it a “significant counterintelligence threat.” The bureau has shifted additional agents and analysts to shore up defenses against foreign interference, according to a senior F.B.I. official.

The Trump administration has come to see that Russia’s influence operations have morphed into a persistent threat. The F.B.I., the intelligence agencies and the Department of Homeland Security have made permanent the task forces they created to confront 2018 midterm election interference, senior American national security officials said.​

You set 'em up, I knock 'em down....

And, we continue the pattern.

Russia knew they couldn't buy the election....but they could buy the Clintons....or at least rent 'em.
Here are the details:

Russia learned the lesson, which is why, during the 2016 election cycle, they spent a paltry amount against Trump:

Trump and Clinton spent $81M on US election Facebook ads, Russian agency $46K

Facebook had previously announced that $100,000 was spent on Facebook ads from June 2015 to May 2017 by Russian-linked disinformation sources, while an additional $50,000 was spent by Russians that signals indicate weren’t or were only weakly connected to an organized disinformation campaign.
Trump and Clinton spent $81M on US election Facebook ads, Russian agency $46K – TechCrunch

There were 100 thousand Facebook adds by Russian sources……out of billions of ads….

What's the percentage?

"We know, for example, that some institution linked to the Russian government — likely the infamous Internet Research Agency — bought ads on Facebook between 2015 and 2017, with the assumed intent of stoking anger and partisanship. We know that the ads concerned wedge issues like immigration, the Second Amendment, and police brutality; we even know what some of the Russian pages and accounts were. And we know that around 3,000 ads were purchased at a cost of around $100,000.

… the $100,000 spent by the Russian government is laughably small, no matter how precisely targeted. In contrast, the official Trump campaign spent $90 million on digital ads — and, unlike the Russians, had assistance from Facebook employees to target and deploy them effectively. “There’s no way $100,000 in ad budget impacted the election. It’s ridiculous,” García Martínez said."
Did Russia’s Facebook Ads Actually Swing the Election?

Think they wouldn’t have spent more if they thought it would work????

They bribed Hillary Clinton with $145 million….

"The New York Times reported in 2015 that "shortly after the Russians announced their intention to acquire a majority stake in Uranium One, [former President Bill] Clinton received $500,000 for a Moscow speech from a Russian investment bank with links to the Kremlin that was promoting Uranium One stock." In total, $145 million went to the Clinton Foundation from interests linked to Uranium One, which was acquired by the Russian government nuclear agency Rosatum.

Think that was just a coincidence? As former federal prosecutor Andy McCarthy points out, the Uranium One deal is not a national security scandal, it is a corruption scandal involving "Clinton family self-dealing." Ask yourself: How many half-a-million-dollar speeches has Bill Clinton given to Kremlin-linked banks since Hillary Clinton was defeated? How much Russian money is flowing into the Clinton Foundation's coffers today?"
Bill and Hillary Clinton should be investigated

Clearly the Russians, who desired the more corrupt candidate, Hillary, put their money where they saw it would do the most good…..the bribe to the Clinton Crime Family.

No such thing occurred.

You set 'em up, I knock 'em down....

And, we continue the pattern.

Russia knew they couldn't buy the election....but they could buy the Clintons....or at least rent 'em.
The pattern being that first you say one thing and then say the opposite. First you say there was no Russian influence and then you detail the extensive (alleged) attempts by Russia to do just that.

While Russia learned, and China will learn, no foreign power has the ability to determine our elections.

A study of the machinations around the 2016 election would lead to the conclusion that it was not foreign powers, but the enemy within, the fifth column of the DNC and the Clintons that tried to buy the election.

So, it was not Russia that spent the bucks to influence the election…..it was Hillary and the DNC

“Clinton Campaign and Democratic Party Helped Pay for Russia Trump Dossier

Perkins Coie was paid $12.4 million to represent the Clinton campaign and the D.N.C. during the 2016 campaign, according to filings. The role of the Clinton campaign and the national party in funding the research for the dossier was first reported on Tuesday by The Washington Post.” Clinton Campaign and Democratic Party Helped Pay for Russia Trump Dossier

Obama’s Campaign Paid $972,000 To Law Firm That Secretly Paid Fusion GPS In 2016

Since April of 2016, Obama's campaign organization has paid nearly a million dollars to the law firm that funneled money to Fusion GPS to compile a dossier of unverified allegations against Donald Trump.

OCTOBER 29, 2017 By Sean Davis

Former president Barack Obama’s official campaign organization has directed nearly a million dollars to the same law firm that funneled money to Fusion GPS, the firm behind the infamous Steele dossier. Since April of 2016, Obama For America (OFA) has paid over $972,000 to Perkins Coie, records filed with the Federal Election Commission (FEC) show.” Obama Campaign Paid $972,000 To Law Firm That Paid Fusion GPS

And they 'hired' the disreputable Mueller to point in another direction.

Forum List

Back