Forcing Billionaires Off Welfare

Amazon CEO and world's richest man Jeff Bezos makes more money in ten seconds than his company's median employee makes in an entire year, and thousands of Amazon workers are paid such low wages that they are forced to rely on food stamps, Medicaid, and other forms of government assistance to survive.

"While Mr. Bezos is the most egregious example, the Walton family of Walmart and many other billionaire-owned large and profitable companies also enrich themselves off taxpayer assistance while paying their workers poverty-level wages."
—Sen. Bernie Sanders

Declaring that this ever-growing gulf between the obscene wealth of top executives and the poverty wages of workers—which is hardly unique to Amazon—is morally unacceptable, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) announced on Friday that he will introduce legislation next month that would impose "a 100 percent tax on large employers equal to the amount of federal benefits received by their low-wage workers" in an effort to pressure corporate giants into paying a living wage.

Under the new legislation, "if an Amazon worker receives $300 in food stamps, Amazon would be taxed $300," the Vermont senator's office noted in a press release. The tax would apply to all companies with 500 or more employees.

To Force Billionaires Off Welfare, Sanders Tax Would Make Corporations Fund 100% of Public Assistance Their Low-Paid Workers Receive

Second best news this week.

Why didn't your Magic Negro fix it?

Amazon CEO and world's richest man Jeff Bezos makes more money in ten seconds than his company's median employee makes in an entire year, and thousands of Amazon workers are paid such low wages that they are forced to rely on food stamps, Medicaid, and other forms of government assistance to survive.

"While Mr. Bezos is the most egregious example, the Walton family of Walmart and many other billionaire-owned large and profitable companies also enrich themselves off taxpayer assistance while paying their workers poverty-level wages."
—Sen. Bernie Sanders

Declaring that this ever-growing gulf between the obscene wealth of top executives and the poverty wages of workers—which is hardly unique to Amazon—is morally unacceptable, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) announced on Friday that he will introduce legislation next month that would impose "a 100 percent tax on large employers equal to the amount of federal benefits received by their low-wage workers" in an effort to pressure corporate giants into paying a living wage.

Under the new legislation, "if an Amazon worker receives $300 in food stamps, Amazon would be taxed $300," the Vermont senator's office noted in a press release. The tax would apply to all companies with 500 or more employees.

To Force Billionaires Off Welfare, Sanders Tax Would Make Corporations Fund 100% of Public Assistance Their Low-Paid Workers Receive

Carl? C'mon, what are you hiding from?

They built it, it's theirs but of course leeches like you want your "fair share"....you and Sanders can gfy

No. They didn't. The Walton kids inherited it from daddy, and Bezos built his on the backs of tax payer subsidies.

All of which profit from the tax payers on the slave wages to their employees.

That's my money. And I want it back. If they don't like it, they can start paying their employees wages so they don't need tax payer subsidized benefits.
"That's my money." Every Democrat in the world thinks that everybody's money is theirs. Sanders would be better served if he put his funeral expenses in the bank, but I'll bet he gets buried at public expense..

I don't care about someone making all they earn, but I have a big problem with corporate welfare. It is as much as risk as any to free market principles and if left unchecked it will sink an economy.

Communist Canada just forgave a $10B "loan" to an auto company. How corrupt and communist is Canada? The Canadian government refuses to tell the taxpayers who gave them this free money which auto company it is.

Be careful America, your Canada is just around the corner if you don't stay alert.

—Sen. Bernie Sanders

LMFAO, let us guess who sets the welfare level????

Once again big company's subsidize the US welfare program not the other way around.

They built it, it's theirs but of course leeches like you want your "fair share"....you and Sanders can gfy

No. They didn't. The Walton kids inherited it from daddy, and Bezos built his on the backs of tax payer subsidies.

That's my money. And I want it back. If they don't like it, they can start paying their employees wages so they don't need tax payer subsidized benefits.

Those tax breaks paid for roads and jobs dumb ass.

—Sen. Bernie Sanders

Ignorant LefTards have encouraged a wetback invasion...now they bitch that brainless jobs don’t pay enough to raise litters of wetback babies...and they can’t understand why. Haha...fucking idiots.

Ignorant LefTards have encouraged a wetback invasion...now they bitch that brainless jobs don’t pay enough to raise litters of wetback babies...and they can’t understand why. Haha...fucking idiots.

This is the right boys and girls. Brainless lemmings that can't see through their own brainless ignorance and think allowing billionaires to take their taxes to pay their employees is just normal business practice.

I guess using their logic, robbing banks is just another day at the office.

Hey shit for brains right wingers. If you want to send Jeff Bezos yur money, please feel free to cut him a check at the end of the month. You don't get to give him mine to because you're fucking stupid.

Hahaha...Nobody here believes you pay income taxes and contribute...quite the contrary actually.
Beggars like you only know how to TAKE. We know your type, we have you pegged.

Have the people here from what I see don't have the brains God gave an animal cracker, so I don't give a rats ass what they believe or think.

The fact that you think subsidizing a billion dollar corporation with tax payer money, and then pay more taxes to subsidize their employees public assistance because those corporations pay them slave wages makes you the dumbest son of a bitch on the planet.

That I do believe.

Well WTF created the subsidy as you call it--Republicans?

What your OP is saying is that Democrats (who want to put everybody on the dole for votes) hand out this money, and business owners should have to pay for it? I have a better idea: cut back on welfare and have people work more hours to make ends meet. That's what we did years ago.

My goodness, people work less hours and have less income so they can stay on these stupid programs. The less you make working, the more you make off government, and businesses should be held accountable for that?

For crying out loud, we have an economy like few have seen before; we have more jobs than people. The Democrat solution to this problem is to bring in more Democrat voters (immigrants) and not have Americans do the job, then blame industry for that.

"A liberal believes that if you make money, you are not entitled to it, but if you want money, you are."
Ken Blackwell

If that's the way you feel, vote Republican. Why do you vote for people that supposedly take your money and give it to these workers?

—Sen. Bernie Sanders

we really just need a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage, unemployment compensation for being unemployed on an at-will basis in our at-will employment States, and Industrial Automation to help with social costs.

Danny says....
”we need to pay $15 per hour to wetbacks and low iQ filth to work brainless jobs or to sit at home and smoke weed....AND we need to automate industry to reduce the number of humans needed within the workforce so we can pay more in welfare benefits.”

Folks, I’m not making this shit up...I promise. This is today’s Left.
lol. Yes, you are. Nothing but right wing soothsay and hearsay.

we really just need a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage, unemployment compensation for being unemployed on an at-will basis in our at-will employment States, and Industrial Automation to help with social costs.

Even the dollar menu won't double.

WTF, is there an echo in here? That's what he said.

—Sen. Bernie Sanders

Danny says....
”we need to pay $15 per hour to wetbacks and low iQ filth to work brainless jobs or to sit at home and smoke weed....AND we need to automate industry to reduce the number of humans needed within the workforce so we can pay more in welfare benefits.”

Danny says....

Danny says....

Danny says....
economics is just voodoo, to the right wing; only Their incantations work in right wing fantasy.

Solving simple poverty means our current homeless will have recourse to an income for simply being, naturally unemployed by Capitalism's natural rate of unemployment.

They could be paying rent, utilities, and groceries.

simply engaging our markets, engenders a positive multiplier effect.

True Capitalists,

Put Capital to Work,

not fools or horses.

Forum List

Back