For those that own drones a question...

phantom 4 ? is said to be a good one.....has a good battery time..30 minutes or so.. i am not much into drones...more something i am gonna shoot out the flying sky....if its over my land

now i will say this ...if you are gonna get a nice one...i would sure the hell try to film something with it and charge....try to make it a business hobby for a year or long enough to replay the cost of the drone then go outtta business....i hate the irs lol

might wanna consider that or your neighbors

I only have a few neighbors, live on a lake..... I am trying to find this tractor in the over growth woods my neighbors told me about, it was abandoned years ago when it was clear cut.

now i will say this ...if you are gonna get a nice one...i would sure the hell try to film something with it and charge....try to make it a business hobby for a year or long enough to replay the cost of the drone then go outtta business....i hate the irs lol

That's what I was thinking too, seen a bunch of side job adds from Realtors wanting to hire people with drones.

Something to do that might be fun...

What's the best to buy? Just curious thinking about getting one...

You first need to declare the reason for buying one, what are you going to use it for? It's like deciding to buy a car or a pair of shoes. They are driven, or worn for different purposes. Then set a budget. You can spend less than a thousand or many thousands.

phantom 4 ? is said to be a good one.....has a good battery time..30 minutes or so.. i am not much into drones...more something i am gonna shoot out the flying sky....if its over my land
Rots'o'ruck, GI. I hear Federal prison can be educational. You own your land, but not the airspace over it. Add to this, the Feds consider drones "aircraft", which is why operators need to be registered. Shooting one down is seen as shooting down an aircraft over your land.

Is it OK to shoot down a drone over your house? - CNN.com
This is a trend. People have shot down drones in southern New Jersey and rural California as well. It's illegal, and they get arrested for it.

It Is A Federal Crime To Shoot Down A Drone, Says FAA

That's what I was thinking too, seen a bunch of side job adds from Realtors wanting to hire people with drones.

Something to do that might be fun...

Drones are replacing traditional aircraft and pilots for several jobs such as photographing real estate, checking out power links, police monitoring of traffic, etc.

Rots'o'ruck, GI. I hear Federal prison can be educational. You own your land, but not the airspace over it. Add to this, the Feds consider drones "aircraft", which is why operators need to be registered. Shooting one down is seen as shooting down an aircraft over your land.

Is it OK to shoot down a drone over your house? - CNN.com
This is a trend. People have shot down drones in southern New Jersey and rural California as well. It's illegal, and they get arrested for it.

It Is A Federal Crime To Shoot Down A Drone, Says FAA

Speaking of that you don't own the land /mineral rights under it either, what story's I read that ended up in the courts.....

Last edited:
What about these cheap ones from Amazon for a $100 bucks any good?

510l9WY8b3L._AC_SY222_.jpg

The rating system on Amazon is pretty reliable. The higher number of positive ratings, the better. I'd also Google "best recreational (or professional) drones". You can get in cheap for $100. Also spring for an extra battery or two since flying for 10 minutes then waiting an hour for a recharge isn't as much fun.

I'd looked at drones a few months ago, but chose to forego it for two main reasons:
1) I have a pilot's license (certificate for purists!). Any drone violations would go against my professional occupation.

2) Cost. A decent one is about $300+. I have other things I'd prefer to do than add another toy collecting dust in my garage. :D

The rating system on Amazon is pretty reliable. The higher number of positive ratings, the better. I'd also Google "best recreational (or professional) drones". You can get in cheap for $100. Also spring for an extra battery or two since flying for 10 minutes then waiting an hour for a recharge isn't as much fun.

I'd looked at drones a few months ago, but chose to forego it for two main reasons:
1) I have a pilot's license (certificate for purists!). Any drone violations would go against my professional occupation.

2) Cost. A decent one is about $300+. I have other things I'd prefer to do than add another toy collecting dust in my garage. :D

I never shopped online before thanks for the info...think I will do it in this case the selection is nill where I live and don't feel like driving..

Have you seen Planet Earth 2? Lits of drone footage and it's amazing.

I never shopped online before thanks for the info...think I will do it in this case the selection is nill where I live and don't feel like driving..

Amazon is great. Annual membership not only brings free 2-day shipping for many products, but Amazon Prime video. That alone is worth $100 to me since it also allows downloading videos so I can watch them when traveling.

Amazon is kicking Walmart's ass (causing Walmart to step up their game in response) since most of Walmart's markup is on electronics, a main seller for Amazon. Amazon also offers used and refurbished for substantial savings. I've bought several items in that category thus saving hundreds of dollars and backed by Amazon's return policy.

Factor in the time and gas savings from not having to drive all over town looking for a good deal and Amazon is truly the best way to go.

You first need to declare the reason for buying one, what are you going to use it for? It's like deciding to buy a car or a pair of shoes. They are driven, or worn for different purposes. Then set a budget. You can spend less than a thousand or many thousands.

Meh... Horseshit.

He doesn't need to "declare" anything. Shit, I want something? If I have the money I buy it. I have to justify the purchase to no one...

Meh... Horseshit.

He doesn't need to "declare" anything. Shit, I want something? If I have the money I buy it. I have to justify the purchase to no one...
Update I bought one and crashed in the lake

Meh... Horseshit.

It's not about justifying the purchase dipshit. He asked which is the best one to buy, I merely pointed out it depends what purpose you have for it.

That was quick! Consider it money down the drain, I mean lake? Lol

Meh... Horseshit.

Update I bought one and crashed in the lake

Forum List

Back